Meet Jongdae's best mate

High school drama

We all got chips from a shop just around the corner from school. We sat on the benches in the park munching away whilst we heard a voice approaching us from the distance.

“Hey! Wait for me yo!” it was J-hope, Jongdae’s best mate.

“You guys always leave me. When I said that I’ll be 5 minutes, I meant 5 minutes”

“sorry but that’s 5 minutes too long for me” I replied with a one liner.

J-hope is quite an alright guy actually. Short, black hair, slightly taller than me, has a smart brain like Je mi but loves to have fun like me and I love his nickname. His real name is Jung Hoseok but he prefers to be called J-hope amongst us. Out of all the friends Jongdae has in his little entourage, J-hope is the only one I actually care for, NOT in a romantic way to be clear.

“So Hyobin, have you been studying for your exams? It’s our finals and...”

“These grades determine our future, I know” I cut him off and finished his sentence. Jongdae included himself in our conversation.

“Look  Hyobin, I’m not the brightest kid in the bunch but if I want to become a DJ, I gotta kill my music exam so I can go to university, get my diploma and in 5 years time, I’ll be the opening act for Jay park at his worldwide tour. Watch this space”.

“Don’t worry J, you will be successful no matter what and I’ll always be by your side”. Je mi had the biggest smile on her face and gave Jongdae a kiss on his cheek. I looked away in disgust. The bell rang so we went back inside, had registration and started our afternoon classes.