Ch. 7

The Promises of Nocturne
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I would avoid going downstairs if I were you,” Donghae announced as he stepped into Key’s bedroom on a Friday evening.

The blonde haired teen looked up from the laptop he was borrowing from Heechul to finish writing an autobiography of a white man that left footsteps in the sands of time for his history class. He’d been so focused on it all day that he welcomed a distraction, so when Donghae closed the door behind him, Key pushed the laptop aside to give him his full attention.

“What’s going on?” He asked curiously, kicking his tangled up blankets out of the way so the older boy could have room to sit on the bed as well.

Donghae shrugged and pulled his phone out of his pocket when it vibrated with a new text message, and without away from it he answered, “I’m not one hundred percent sure what happened, but Mir came home with a busted lip and Heechul is on the phone with the principal throwing a fit.”

“Isn’t this the second time he’s gotten hurt at school?” Key asked with a frown. Although he wasn’t entirely fond of the way Mir had been acting towards him, it wasn’t right that school made him so miserable and that the faculty there was doing nothing to make things right and safe for the students.

Donghae nodded and slid his phone back in his pocket. “Yeah, but he won’t tell anyone who keeps bullying him so there’s nothing anyone can really do about it.”

Key shook his head, disappointed. It was a shame that someone as outgoing as Mir could be reduced down to a scared and timid child. He didn’t understand why the younger boy didn’t just switch schools or take online-classes at home like Kibum did. Homeschooling did seem like the best option in this case and he wandered if perhaps he decided to do just that if it would show Mir that he could too, maybe save him from getting bullied anymore.

“I know what you’re thinking,” Donghae continued on, snapping Key out of his thoughts. “But Mir really isn’t a bad kid and he doesn’t deserve this.”

“I wasn’t thinking that,” Key answered honestly, a little hurt that Donghae would think so lowly of him. He had never ever shown any characteristics of being a sadist or taking pleasure when someone else was in pain. Hell, with what he had to go through growing up he would never hurt someone or wish them pain; not even his worst enemy.

Donghae gave him an apologetic look.

“Sorry, it’s just that I don’t like this,” He said, looking down forlornly. “I wish that I could go to school with him or that there was some way to show everybody how amazing Mir really is.”

Key gave him an encouraging smile and reached over to pat him on the shoulder. “Don’t blame yourself, Donghae. Mir knows that you would do anything for him. Besides, going to a regular high school would make you absolutely miserable. Trust me, I have to go back to that hell hole on two weeks!”

Donghae grinned sympathetically and nodded in agreement. Key was right, of course, he wouldn’t be happy in a regular school and that would do absolutely nothing to help Mir’s situa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter