Ch. 17

The Promises of Nocturne
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Key awoke on the first day of winter vacation, there was a smile gracing his features and an eagerness filling his heart that had woken him up before his alarm clock, which he had turned off the night before. He rolled over in bed to check the time and was utterly pleased to see that it was nearly nine-thirty instead of the dreaded five-thirty that he was used to. Sleeping in late was the perfect way to start break and he was looking forward to spending these next few weeks doing anything he pleased without restraint.

“Kibum! Key! Wake up and get dressed! We have a lot to do today!” Heechul called, pounding on their doors with his fists as he walked past to get downstairs.

Key groaned and sat up slowly, rubbing his eyes and running a hand through his hair. Leisurely free time was going to have to wait because with the arrival of the rest of the family tomorrow, Heechul had declared that today would be spent cleaning the house, arranging furniture to fit at least six more people, and getting a head start on the cooking and baking.

Scrambling out of bed, he quickly pulled on some clothes and ran to the bathroom, slamming the door shut behind him before Kibum could get the chance. He brushed his teeth and washed his face, brushing his hair out of his face before deciding that he looked good enough to grace everyone with his presence, and then headed downstairs for some breakfast.

As he stepped into the kitchen, he was dismayed to see that Heechul had not made them breakfast; he hadn’t even made oatmeal for them. He groaned and walked over to Donghae who had just pulled out a box of Pop Tarts.

“I think Heechul is a bit excited; he already started the laundry and vacuumed all the bedrooms down here. I’ve been up for almost an hour – he made us get up and clean our rooms before he woke you and Kibum up,” Donghae complained, tearing open a packet and taking a bite of the pastry. He grimaced when he realized it was strawberry flavored.

“Well, maybe if the two of you cleaned your rooms more than once a month,” Key answered, his voice trailing off at the end and Donghae glared at him. “Tell me again, who all is coming?”

Donghae swallowed thickly and moved to the refrigerator to pull out the gallon of milk, which was nearly empty and he drank right out of the jug before giving an answer. He had to think for a moment because he wasn’t entirely sure how many people were going to be here for the holidays.

“Well, I know for sure that that Leeteuk is coming either tonight or tomorrow morning with Henry and Eunhyuk. I’m totally not looking forward to that,” He said with a frown.

“How come? You haven’t seen them in a while, right?” Key asked, taking the milk from him and drinking as well.

“Yeah, but Eunhyuk is going to be staying in my room. I took your advice and wrote him an e-mail a couple weeks ago but he never answered. I don’t know if he even read it,” Donghae said with a sigh, beckoning Key to hurry up and finish eating as they heard Heechul’s footsteps headed toward them.

“Hurry up in here, you guys. I want you to go to the store and pick up the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter