Arise Pt. 1

POINT 1-to-7

“Stop— stop saying—“

Seungkwan sat and fold his feet next to the urn, “Woozi Hyung, I’m telling the truth”

“No you’re not!!!”

 

 

Soonyoung and Seungchol turned their head onto the tree and found their friend talking to no one again. “Jihoon—“

“Stay right there!!!” Jihoon exclaimed as he told his friends not to come any closer. “Lets— lets go, Seungkwan, let's go home”

“I can’t,” Seungkwan pursed his lips, “I need to be close to my urn” and hugged the ceramic vase next to him, “Well, you know where to find me, so—“

,“No, I said lets go home”Jihoon snatched the urn and walked away. As if he was knotted to the urn with an invisible strand, Seungkwan immediately got up and followed his hyung from behind.

“Hyung— hyung, don’t walk to fast!”

 

 

 

 

“Wait, Jihoon!” Soonyoung noticed the thing that his friend carried when he passed by, “Thats—“

“I’m bringing this with me,” Jihoon muttered as his steps were getting further and left his other two friends. "Let's go"

 


 

 


Wonwoo ruffled his hair and made his own hair turned into a bird nest, “we can't call a person who doesn't have a cell phone!”

“I’m calling Seungchol hyung not hansol!” Meanwhile Mingyu kept on walking around their flat, with the same amount of anxiety as Wonwoo, “Aish! He’s not picking up!”

“Then Lets go and find them!” Wonwoo exclaimed,

"But what about those three possibly-dead bodies??" He pointed at the people who lay on their floor

“Which one is more scarier? An angry seungchol or the jail?” 

Mingyu were snapped back into reality “definitely not the jail” And rushed out of the house.

“I thought so!”. 

 


 

 

 

“Seungkwan! wake up! hey! Wake up!” Jihoon put down the urn and place the unconscious head on his lap, “Ya! Wake up!” as he started to pat it.

“I can’t… I mean, not physically!” The other Seungkwan, the seungkwan that only lived on his mind answered, “Its not like he’s useful or anything…”

“How can you say it to your own self!?”

“He is not, Hyung!” For once, his tone matched Jihoon. Seungkwan crouched down and ran two fingers above the wrist of his duplicate. “See,” A beam of white light emerged from beneath the skin. Unlike Jihoon’s, it beeped. “This chip kept my body from rotting, as it controls everything, it’s function is kinda similar to a heart”

“So you’re alive, right—“

A slapped on his face made him shut his mouth and it made him left his lips parted. “Because of my low reliability, It is still possible for me to work in my nature, and according to my nature, I hate to repeat something that is obvious”. He sighed, and then immediately changed his glare into a grin, “Now Hyung, I think its better for you to start explaining things that you understand, to that other two friend of yours” and pointed at Seungchol and Soonyoung who was standing stoically in front of the door.

 

 

 


From the basement of his mini library that was wrecked due to the previous ruckus, he went upstairs and joined his two friends. First, his eyes were set on Soonyoung who always had his eyes on Chan, the person who lay next to Seungkwan. He could see that Soonyoung was scared, or maybe confused, since his body were always trembling. 

“See— see they’re alive, right?” Soonyoung closed his eyes and gulped, “You— you can hear their heartbeat and the sound of them breathing, right? they’re just asleep!”

 Jihoon nodded, “Yeah“

“Ekhm,” Seungkwan who stayed next to his body scoffed, “Goejimal”. Jihoon eyed on his dongsaeng just so he could warn him. “What? its true, you lied to him” And Seungkwan replied the eye with a shrug.

 

 


Jihoon moved from the door to the couch on the living room, And Seungchol followed him. In reverse, Soonyoung walked downstairs and sat in between Chan and Seungkwan. 

“Your friend,” Seungchol stole a glance on the door where Seungkwan was no longer there, “Is he going to be okay?”

“I dont know,” He squeezed his own hands as he looked down on his feet, “How about you, sunba— I mean, Seungchol….” and after awhile, he managed to make an eye contact with the person next to him, “Arent you confused?”

Seungchol sighed and reclined, “Of course I am” then relaxed. Or atleast, trying to. He closed his eyes that were also tired of everything, of how it saw the world. “I see things differently, I hardly feel any pain, Sometime I hear voices and-- I got goosebumps since I don't even know when and it came and go as it please. I walked to places without really think about it and-- My— My legs, feet, hands, it moves faster Then, I—  I killed a person,” He chuckled, “I ing killed a person” as he opened his eyes and looked at his right hand. “And I was the only who sees everything… even Hansol… he couldn't see a thing”

 

In many parts, Jihoon could relate, but then, he didn't seem to find the right word to say anything back.

 

“You see things in thermal too, right?” Jihoon took out a box from his pocket and gave it to Seungchol,”Its a first step, I think, I mean, it’ll help you to have your normal sight back, a contact lens camera”. Without further thinking, Seungchol opened and wore it on his eyes. “Blink for four times for turning it on and off”

“Ah, better” Seungchol nodded. “So I guess you know more things than I do?”

“Well—“

 


“Jihoon,”. The boy who's called and Seungchol locked their head on the door behind them, as Seunyoong “Do you have a blanket? Chan and Seungkwan might be cold” was standing there.

Jihoon got up and walked to him, “Ooh, well, Lets— lets just bring them to my room”.

 

 

 

 

“What happened to you and Chan?” After The three of them made an effort on carrying the two bodies to the second floor, Jihoon went back to the basement and had a talk with his only 'answer', Seungkwan. 

“Well, for me, since I’m active as an Assist, then, I guess there's no use of activating my dead-already body” He shrugged, “But Dino—“

“Dino?”

“Yeah, Dino… Oh wait, that boy is Dino, not Chan, yeah, unfortunately, I don't really know about Dino cause I died before him—“

“Huh???”

“Well, yeah, I’m not the only one who is dead”

 


 

“Where are we going?” Jisoo looked around as the night was just getting darker and darker, and most of the lights were off. “I’m still new here, so…”

“Actually, I don't really know,” Between the three of them, Jeonghan was the one who’s walking in front, “I’m just following my instinct”

And then there was Hansol, the quietest of them all who remained in the back of a fellow new residence, Jisoo ;

“Hyung!! Where Are we going?!”  Hansol tried his best to keep up with his brother’s pace.

“I dont know,” In his run, Seungchol muttered his thoughts . “I’m just following my instinct”

 

 

 

 

“Oh my god,” Jeonghan stopped and gasped as he looked at the building in front of him. The house that had its door left open, “Ji— Jihoonie!!”. Without a second thought, He opened the huge gate and barged in, leaving Jisoo and Hansol behind.

 

 


 

 

“W— what?”


He let out another sighed, “My job would be easier if you have your memory back…” and rolled his eyes,


Jihoon shook his friend’s shoulder, “Then— Then how can I have my memory back?!”.

“You don't even acknowledge who you are, why do you even need your memory back?” seungkwan clucked, “And to be honest I have no idea on how to get it back”

His hands were put back down as he almost fell from his seat, “Seung— seungkwan I’m just—“

“Right now, confusion is not an excuse, you just have to accept it! Just look around and understand that you’re different!” Seungkwan gripped the shoulder of his hyung, “And you don't have the right to be guilty of something that you can't remember”. Jihoon raised his head and met the eyes of Seungkwan, “Hyung, allow me to do something that you won't like, but— but as someone who know you before you know your current self, I think I need to do this”

“Do what?”

“Holding onto your guilt and doubts,”. They looked at each other for a stare until Seungkwan continued his words. “Your guilt on things that you don't even remember and your doubts are keeping you from accepting the reality, and if you keep doing that then It won't do anything good to everyone, so let me hold onto it”.

“But—"

Seungkwan lightly shook his head, “You won't feel guilt and doubt, but that's it, you will still live with the same mind, same body, same nature, just it'll be easier for you. And I'll be okay too, so,” He put up a smile to his Hyung as an insurance, “If you believe me then please allow me to do so”

 

To him, Seungkwan’s words were believable enough to make him nod. Hell on earth, How could he not trust Boo Seungkwan?.

 

 

 


Seungkwan grabbed a knife from his pocket, "Pretty, huh?" a swift army knife that was made out of crystal.  He grabbed the right wrist of Jihoon on his left palm, “Its going to sting, but,” and with his right hand, who already had the opened knife, he made a little cut across the tattoo.

“Awch!!”

No blood came along the open wound, but instead, there was something that similar to water came out of it. Seungkwan moved his head closer and opened his mouth to take a sip on the water.

 

Seungkwan jerked back and pulled his grip, making Jihoon jolted along before he fell onto the floor and lay next to Seungkwan.

 

 


 

 


“Chan, wake up, please” Soonyoung hadn't moved from the side of the bed as he kept on begging for his dongsaeng to open his eyes, “Come on, this is not funny”

Seungchol kept his distance from the bed and the people on it, “What happened to him?”.

“There— there—  was a guy who— who came before that Aron guy,” Soonyoung tried to compile his words into a proper sentence, as he kept his hand holding onto Chan’s and trambled upon it. “And he managed to have his hands on Chan and Seungkwan. But then— but then Jihoon— Jihoon—“ As he recalled what happened earlier, it made it harder for him to talked it out, “Ji— jihoon came and save us, like— like before, but— but not like before, he— he was— he— he changed into a— a light and then— and then everything was white and—“

“Dont choke on your own words” Seungchol cut off, “The point is that something irrational happened, right?”

Soonyoung nodded, “Why is Jihoon kept talking about death….”

“Cause it's real,” yeah, and I caused one. 

 

 

 

Silence filling the air as none of them continued to say anything. 

 

“No…” But that was until Seungchol started to feel something. He had a goosebumps and he felt like his heart was going to burst. It started to beat faster, and sweats dripped out of his forehead. Voices, noises, His ears were full of random sounds that came like a buzz, like a frequent, and among the buzz, one small voice stood up the most. Is Seungchol hyung here?.

Soonyoung heard the sound of the door being opened, and being closed at the same time. As he turned around, Seungchol was gone already.

 

 

He let out another sigh when his eyes were back at Seungkwan and Chan. “Come on…”. His eyes moved to his doongsaeng’s hand, which he held on to. It was warm, and he could even feel his beating vein. He liked it, he liked the sound of it, and he put it closer to his ear. It gave him a little happiness, a positive energy which what he always saw whenever Chan was around. “Don't scare me— “. He held the arm away and looked at the wrist, there was something appeared from beneath  it;

 

“D— di— dino?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hoshi, hyung?”

 


 

 

 

 


“Hey, are you okay??”.

Jihoon opened his eyes and found; “Jeonghan Hyung?” was standing next to him. “Oh, Yeah, I’m okay” He then got up and looked around, and he founf himself lay on the living room floor “What are you doing here?”

“What am I doing?? Hey, I saw your front door opened with a sign of break in! Seriously, are you okay??”

Behind Jeonghan, there were Jisoo and Hansol were standing next to each other. They didn't speak a word and just stood like a mannequin.

“Oh, theres Jisoo hyung and...?”

“Hansol?!”. Before hansol let out a voice to answer, someone already called for him from the second floor, “What are you doing in here?!”. Instead of using the stairs, Seungchol jumped from the second floor and ran to his brother.

“Hyung, becareful!” Hansol exclaimed.

“Ah, Yeah, we were just helping him to find you” Jisoo nodded.

Seungchol narrowed his eyes and scoffed, “Helping him find me? Hey, I thought i made it clear enough that he need to stay there!” as he almost threw a fist a Jisoo.

Jeonghan immediately got up and stood between Seungchol and Jisoo,  “Hey—“

 

“Seungchol Hyung?!?!”.

“Ah! Hansol-ssi!”.

Everyone turned their eyes onto the new people who stood before the front door, “Wonwoo? Mingyu? What are you guys doing here?”

 


“We, we were looking for han—“. Mingyu nudged on his friend, before he continued. “For you! We were looking for you, hyung!”. The two new boys entered the house and walked towards the crowd. “So Seungchol hyung, why are you here— Ya! What is this?!” 

 

 

Mingyu looked down at the floor and found a lot of red stains, that were still fresh “Is this—“

 

“Blood,” Jihoon got up and scanned at the room, as he realized that there were indeed a trail of blood. “Se— Seungchol…” His eyes ended at the guy in front of him, “you’re still bleeding…”.

Seungchol looked at his chest that was always covered in blood, but then after he took a closer look, it was clear that the wound was still wide open and there were blood coming out of it. “Ah, yes—“

“What?!? Hyung—“

“Its no big deal, I can't feel anything” Seungchol held his brother’s mouth from scolding him, “But, Jihoon they’re back”

“They? Who?” Wonwoo raised his hand.

“The minus points….” Jihoon looked around his house, and found a lot of people, more than the finger could count, with their weapon and mask watching from behind the window as they hid perfectly within the dark night , “Oh …”