INTRO : who?

POINT 1-to-7

8th of june 2015.

 


Jihoon rolled himself to the other side of his bed while holding on his forearm and concealed the pain. He closed his eyes, not wanting to see the scariest view he constantly had when his palms goes transparent and he could see everything inside, his veins, flesh and bones. “Argh! Not again!”

 

 

 

 

“Jihoon??” Jeonghan slammed the door, “Are you okay?”.

 

“Yes, I just fell over my bed” Jihoon showed up from the side of the bed, covered in a blanket and pillow, “Hyung, good morning!”

 

“Morning,” Jeonghan looked around. There was nothing odd from JIhoon’s bedroom. Everything is organized, arranged, in a certain tone, which was white and minimalist. There's a piano, a guitar, and an iMac, well arranged in the corner of the room next to the big window. On the other side, there's his wardrobe and bookshelf, a door that leads to his bathroom and a couch. Jihoon’s bed is placed in the center, alongside with his papers and documents. “Now I get it why you dont need a butler… well anyway lets go downstairs, I’ve cooked you guys the breakfast”

 

“You guys? Seungkwan and Seokmin is here too?”

 

“Yes,” Jeonghan left the door open while he stepped out of the room, “Just go change first and join us on the table”

 

“Okay!”

 

 

He took a quick shower and get changed into his uniform. He looked at himself in the mirror, and see the obvious mark on his right wrist. An upside down triangle that marked his skin with a black ink. “Seriously, does it have to be today?” He kept staring at it, as if it was something new to him. After all the time when the sign just come and go, he still couldn't understand the meaning of it, and kept to himself that he might just sick or being delusional.

 

Jihoon wrapped his thoughts with a hoodie to cover his wrist since the uniform was a short sleeve shirt. He grabbed his backpack, and then go downstairs in rushed.

 

 


 

 

 

“Woah! Hyung, it smells like heaven!” Seungkwan sniffed his plate, “Aaah, I can see the cheese and bacon, and—“ He stuffed his mouth with the first bite, and let his tongue finish complementing Jeonghan’s special morning plate. “Yaaaa! Be my mom Jeonghan unnie!”

 

Jeonghan tied his hair up before he moved to Seokmin’s plate that still empty, “Do you want extra bacon?”

 

“Yes, can I have Jihoon’s?” Seokmin started to move the bacon from the pan to his plate, without even counting the amount of slice he had snatched, “Hsst, just tell Jihoon that you cooked too little—“

 

“I see what you’re doing” Jihoon sat in the empty chair next to Seungkwan, “Seokmin those are mine” He eyed at Seokmin’s full plate.

 

Seokmin puffed an air and passed his plate to Jihoon, “Fine, but I got to choose my seat, And it has to be next to the window”.

 

“You don't race with me, you race with the other 18 students” Jihoon started to eat, “Oh, Seungkwan how was the test, was it hard?”

 

Seungkwan stopped eating and took a sip of the milk, “Not really, I mean it doesn't bother a genius like me, the smartest freshmen of Jiseo—“

 

“Actually, there's someone who had a better score than you,” Once he’s done with the cooking, he sat himself on the chair and eat the breakfast, “And He’s also younger than you, a year younger”

 

“JINJJA?!?” Not just Seungkwan, but Seokmin too, they both having a hard time in swallowing their food, “Who?!”

 

“I don't know, I’m not the school staff…” Jeonghan shrugged.

 

The youngest looked at Seokmin in confusion, “Hyung, how can someone be smarter than me??”

 

In response, Seokmin looked back at him, “Well, Jihoon is smarter than you, but…”

 

“But that's not the point, the point is that there's someone who have a better score than you and its normal, once you’re older, you will work harder to keep your grades stabile without giving any damn to others,” Jihoon has finished eating.

 

“Just like us, right?” Seokmin asked.

 

Jihoon got up and wash his plate, “No, just like me. Seokmin, we’re a different kind of student, we just share the same class and thats it”

 

Seokmin made some face behind Jihoon’s back, a little habit that he invents whenever the guy who’s only three months older than him becoming too cocky. “whatever, at least I’m happy”.

 

“Guys, we better go now, my driver has been waiting since I got here and make this beautiful breakfast that you guys can't even finish, okay, I feel offended,” Jeonghan untied his hair and let his long brown hair loosen up, “Come on kids, let's go!”

 

 


 

 

“Ya, so this is the smell of high school” Seungkwan was the first one to step out of the car, with his brand new sunglasses.

 

Seokmin followed him from the back, “Woah, is that Givenchy?”.

 

“Yes, I got this for only 300,000 won, cheap right?” Seungkwan proudly wiped his new stuff, “I’m going to make my high school debut flawless, so watch me” He took his leave. There was some kid gathered around the gate, making seungkwan ‘troubled’ to find his way in. “Excuse me,” He patted one of the guy’s shoulder, and asked him to “Move away, please, ”.

 

Once seungkwan clear the way, Jihoon stepped in front and lead the pack, making Seungkwan Seokmin and Jeonghan followed every stepped that he made. “Isn't that guy is in your class?” Jeonghan whispered to Seokmin as they walk in behind, “Seungkwan just asked a sunbae to move away, that's not a good thing”

 

“yes, that white haired guy is Soonyoung, I think" Seokmin nods, as he just realized something,  "And not really, are you forgetting our mighty shield lee jihoon? even seungkwan can do whatever he wants thanks to him ” he winked and smirked, “Oh I adore this life!”.

 

 

 

“Seungkwan keep yourself on the center” Jihoon stopped himself from entering the building, to give his dongsaeng a little word of advice, “The opening ceremony will be boring, but get a hold on yourself” He continues.

 

“Seungkwan, don't forget to look for our table at lunch, okay?” Jeonghan added an important note to the freshmen.

 

Seungkwan hissed and cross his arm, “Of course I won't, our menu will be different, right? I’m allergic to tomato and many other—“

 

“Yes, now go to the gym and let me bring your bag to class. You’re late already” Jihoon held on to Seungkwan’s bag, and told him to leave. He then left his Hyung behind as he goes straight to the gym where every freshmen gather for their first day of the semester.

 

“Are you going to bring his bag to his class?” Jeonghan muttered as he watched some other kids pass them by.

 

“Yes, do you know where his class is?”. After a while, there was another guy who caught his attention. A guy that he vaguely remembers, thanks to the hair color that identical to his. He was resting under the tree with his earphone on. Jihoon felt the need of knowing why is he here, and so he walked up to him. “You’re soonyoung, right?” He remembered his name. Of course, after all he remembers the class list of student and he’s his classmate.

 

“Yes,” He continued with a warm smile.

 

Jihoon has another question in mind, “Are you going to stay here?”.

 

 

“Ahahahahaha, well actually, I just need to—“. Jihoon couldn't hear the rest of the sentence since he had already made his way to the school hallway before Soonyoung got to finish his talk. With that sudden reflex of getting into the building in silence, Jeonghan and Seokmin becoming the good follower of him and guard his back.

 

 

“Why are you becoming so interested in him?” Jeonghan noticed that It was not really Jihoon's nature to care of others business. “do you know him?”

 

“I don't even know why I asked him that question in the first place, is not like I care” He sighed. “Seokmin, you keep one chair for me, I’ll be going to Seungkwan’s class first and drop his bag”

 

“Aye-aye captain!” Seokmin saluted his friend and drift apart.

 

 


 

 

 

“Do you even know where’s the class is?” Jeonghan still walked next to Jihoon, “Cause I don’t"

 

“Hyung, just go to your class, I heard that when you’re a senior you can't be late for school”

 

“Well, I’m not late for school cause technically I’m already in the building, but yes, I might be late for the first class” Jeonghan kept following him even up to the third floor. “Oh! Look, we found it!” he pointed at the first door to be seen once they enter the third floor.

 

 

Both Jihoon and jeonghan entered the room. The first thing they did was to find a locker with Seungkwan’s name on it. It wasn't that hard, there's only one seungkwan in the class.

 

“Chan, Lee chan” Jeonghan said a name.

 

“What?” Jihoon turns his face on Jeonghan who’s staring at the board with a full focused.

 

“The guy who’s one point smarter than our seungkwan, and he’s only sixteen”. After finished looking around, jeonghan got out of the empty classroom. “Come on, I’m already late for—“

 

 

“Excuse me,” a guy said in English, “Eh, I mean, sillyehamnida,” and bowed in front of Jeonghan. “I’m sorry, but can you show me class 3 for grade twelve?”

 

“Oh, are you new? That's my class” A smile slid from Jeonghan’s face. “I’m Jeonghan, Yoon Jeonghan, nice to meet you!”

 

“my name is Jisoo, Hong Jisoo” He bowed again.

 

“Your pronunciation is very cute, hahaha” jeonghan Chuckled, “Well, Jisoo, we better go now cause we both are already late, come on, follow me”

 

 

Jeonghan just went to his class with the new guy, without leaving a word for Jihoon, as if he was never there. “Well, Then, I supposed I have too— AWCH!”.

 

The pain from earlier this morning has returned. Jihoon feels like his right arm is burning. “Shsst!!” He looked at his wrist again, hoping for the cycle to be true. Usually, the signs randomly appear with a pain like this morning, and leave, disappear, after another pain like this. The sign only appears for a couple hours, usually not more than two hours. And so now he just tries to bear with the pain since he believes that it's the only way to make the weird mark disappear.

 

“What?!” But when he looked at his arm, he feels disappointed and more than anything, confused. The sign stays there, stays like a birthmark. “But— argh! Damn it!” He cursed and then hit his hand on the nearest table, leaving a bang noise in the room.

 

 


 

 

 

“Look who do we have…”

 

“Ah, our cutie, Jihoon—“

 

“Move, now” Jihoon looked up and glared at the two people that blocking his way to the class room, as they leaned on the door.

 

A guy stepped forwards and shoved his chest to Jihoon, “Wonwoo, look, Jihoonie have manned up”. He smirked at Jihoon action of not wanting to fall back.

 

“Mingyu, he probably just hit his puberty phase or something” The other guy giggled, “Ya, he doesn't even worth our time” He grabbed his friend’s shoulder and goes into the class.

 

Those two guys are the only people who dare to talk like that to Jihoon. It's not like he cared about it, but he just has a special spot of dislikement for those two guys. The two guys that he didn't  even get why they became a classmate of him. Rumor said that they're poor, live in the slums, plus they all both stupid. They couldn't behave, always makes some trouble for them and everyone.

 

He fisted his hand once his thoughts get to the point where he wants to punch those guys in the face but he can't since he’s the,

 

“Class president,” Said one of the guys. “I heard Jihoon is the class president”

 

“Seriously??”. One table near the door seemed to be loaded with people and their passion in gossiping, “Ah! This school is no joke, everything has been set up!. The class arrangement, class president, even the seat too! We didn't payed that much amount of money for this ridiculous monopoly!”

 

“Yeah, and I bet Jihoon was bribing the teacher for the class president title, just because he’s slightly richer than us—“

 

“What does being rich having anything to do with looking after 19 other asses? Do you think I want that?” Jihoon passed by them as he walked on to his seat. He looked at the whiteboard and see that His chair was located on the second row, next to the window. In Luck, Seokmin got to be the person who sat right next to him. He looked at the clock and it's already 10 minutes since the bell rang, but everyone still running around the class and do their own business.

 

“What took you so long?” Seokmin turned his face to the left and initiate the talk with Jihoon.

 

“Well, apparently his class is on the third floor, so…” He shrugged. Not long after, the teacher came in and Jihoon is the first one to rise from his chair and initiate the greetings. “Good morning, teacher”

 

“Morning,” a choir of boys and their baritones followed.

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

It was the first day of school, but oddly, the first class was just normally started, without any introduction. True, that there were no new student in the class, but still, at least they have to make some kind of class rule right?.

 

“Oh, I forgot to mention,” The teacher stop his writings of math formulas on the whiteboard, “Rules, schedule and anything that related to this school has been sent through emails, so I hope there will be no further question regarding that, but if you do have you can contact me through this number and email”

 

Jihoon tried to look at the whiteboard and understand what the hell is going on, but then there's something blocking the way, no more like someone. “Seriously?!” He hissed. And with Mingyu to be the person who sat in front of him, Jihoon completely lost his faith in the school.

 

“Do you think I wanted to be putted in front like this?” Mingyu glanced at his back. Next to Mingyu, There was Soonyoung who has been staring at both of them for some time, “What do you want?” Mingyu confronted.

 

Soonyoung shook his head and get his eyes back onto the whiteboard. Soonyoung sat in between mingyu and Junhui. behind Soonyoung, Theres seokmin, who also sat in between Jihoon and Minghao.

 

“Hey, class president, do you want to switch places?” Someone kicked jihoon's feet from the back.

 

He turned around, and quickly found a perfect answer to come up with “No thanks”. Apparently, Wonwoo sat right behind him.

 

 

 


 

 

“So I heard that you guys have some nice sitting arrangement” Jeonghan joined his juniors on the lunch table that have been reserved. “And Jihoon, congratulations! I know that you will make a good leader”

 

Jihoon just kept continue eating.

 

“Yeah, Do you see those three guys over there?” Seokmin pointed at a table of four, that was a bit far away from them. The situation on that table is a bit hectic, all of them were just busy playing around with their food and laughed out loud. “And do you see that two people over there?” He pointed another table of two, where there are two guys who seemed dominating the whole area in such unfriendly aura, having their lunch with about ten plates around them. “So those two kinds of people, are literally our bench mates, isn't that stupid?!”

 

“Oh, you know what is stupid? That kid who sat over there” Seungkwan pointed at the first table that Seokmin pointed at before, “Yes, that little kid over there, I don't know what his name is, chan or whatever, I don't care, he sat right next to me! For the next who knows how many freaking months!”. Seungkwan stuffed some fried rice towards his mouth, “Hyung are you on the same page with us?”

 

Jeonghan chuckled, “Hahahah, actually— hey! Jisoo! right here!” and instantly waved his hand at the guy who just passed on them. “Come on, sit here!”

 

Jisoo makes himself to bow down even before he fills the empty seat next to Jeonghan.

 

“Guys, this is Jisoo, my adorable bench mate” Jeonghan bragged. “Jisoo, these are my friends!”

 

“Hello, my Name is Hong Jisoo”

 

“Oh, you’re a senior? Then its jisoo hyung to us!” seokmin greeted, “I’m Seokmin, a sophomore”

 

“Hyung, why did you transferred to this school?” Seungkwan rested his chin on his palm, “Oh, And I’m seungkwan, a freshmen”

 

The one who was questioned just smiled at him, “I’m here because my dad started a new company—“

 

The youngest cut off, “Where did you come from?”

 

“America…”

 

Everyone stopped any kind of activity once they heard the word, “America??”

 

“Well, yeah, hehe, I mean I was born and raised there, but as you can see, I’m here” He put on a slight smile, “hehe..”

 

“Okay, then it's up to you hyung” Seungkwan threw the talk to Jihoon, “Can he join us or not? I mean, he sure is rich, but to be one of us, being rich is not enough”

 

 

Jihoon carefully scanned the new guy in front of him. There was nothing weird about him, to be honest, he looked more normal than the rest of his clique. He didn't seem like a trouble, a noise, or a burden. Three things that made Jihoon very picky in choosing the people he wanted to interact with. “What is this.. , this is not a gang, just hang around with us if you like to”. But in reverse of his words, Jihoon is the first one to leave the table.

 

“Don't mind him, he doesn't hate you” Jeonghan broke the silence.

 

“How do you know?”

 

“If he does then he would leave the table even before you walked by us” Seungkwan watch on Jihoon who goes straight to the class, “Right?”

 

“Yeah, he's just jihoon”

 

 


 

 

“Seriously, what did we do wrong?” Mingyu looked down on his other six partners for the science project, “This is a conspiracy, totally” Group A, were made of Mingyu, Wonwoo, Jihoon, Seokmin, Soonyoung, Junhui and Minghao. and group A was also the only group who still stuck in the field with a tiny chick in front of them. “Can we just grill this thing?”

 

“Well, actually, the task is not that hard, we just have to name this chicken, then make the design of the cage, and our shift for feeding him”  Soonyoung crouched and looked at the little chick, “Wait, you’re a he, right?”

 

“Stupid, of course its a she” Wonwoo threw the questioner paper to Soonyoung. ‘raising a hen project’ was written in the font of 24pt. “Even I can read that”

 

Junhui and Minghao also placed their on the ground and joining Soonyoung on trying to figure out the perfect name for the chick. “Ji!” Minghao raise his hand, “lets name her Ji! Ji, literally means chicken in mandarin”

 

“Yeah, but that's the name of group Bs chick” Seokmin reminded.

 

and in between the conflict, Soonyoung found an idea, “Then how about chicken? Like literally chicken in English?”.

 

“Okay” none of them are minds with the name. “Well, Hello Mrs.Chicken” Jun wave his hand on it.

 

“Great, now can we just go back to class?” Someone already passed his limit of patience, “Wonwoo, let's just go back to class”

 

“Before it, choose one of a day in a week” Jihoon stopped them from leaving the field, “Monday and Tuesday are taken, by the way”

 

“A day? For what, feeding chicken?” Wonwoo was having his time to come up with a good decision, “ya, mingyu, do we have a spare time?”

 

Mingyu shook his head, “But let's just go with Wednesday and Thursday, I don't want to be bothered anytime near weekend” then leave the field while dragging wonwoo with him.

 

“You heard him,” Wonwoo gave a thumb to everyone before he and Mingyu disappeared from everyone's sight.

 

 


 

 

 

“Those two brats…. They really pissed me off….” Seokmin sat next to Jihoon who still busy with his notebook, “Jihoon, what are you doing?”

 

Then everyone, including Jun, Minghao, and Soonyoung shifted their eyes to jihoon. “I’m thinking about the possible designs, I’m not good with drawings, but,” Jihoon showed them the sketch that he just made, “What do you guys think? I think we can work on this in a day or two at maximum”

 

“Woah… cool…..” They all shared the same reaction of understanding.

 

“Oh, I know maybe we can make a sewer.. Is that what you call it? I mean so that it would be easier for us to clean the cage, we can just spray it with water and let all the s flow to the sewer” Minghao gave an input.

 

“All the s?” a big question from soonyoung about minghao and his chosen of words.

 

“Is that what you call it?” and he asked back nonchalantly.

 

Junhui got something in his mind, “You mean all the feses?”.

 

 

Jihoon threw his pencil away, god damn it these kids he thought to himself. “Well, yeah I think we do need a sewer to throw all the s away!” He gave them another paper, “Now fill in the timeline, choose a day where you have to come to school at seven in the morning and five in the evening to feed chicken and give the paper to the teacher!”

 

Minghao, Junhui and Seokmin sees Jihoon as a mighty general who asked them to go to the war field, now. Like a kid, they all set their feet in a race back to the classroom.

 

 

 

“Woah, you can be grumpy too…” Soonyoung held on to chicken while he helped Jihoon to clean up all the papers. “But don't be too grumpy, you don’t want to get yourself a wrinkle and gain some age right?”

 

“Oh, I wish I would, People still thought of me as a 14 years old”

 

“That's because you’re cute” Soonyoung showed him the tiny creature in his hand, “Like chicken!”

 

He didn’t remember that they were this friendly or close before, “I thought you hate me”.

 

“For what? Being rich? Popular? Well, no. I just dislike you for looking snobby, but that's it. And Just because I say  you’re cute it doesn't mean anything, okay?” Soonyoung answered in detail, “Oh, let me help you with that, ” he put chicken on the ground and use his hand to carry three other books that Jihoon can't carry. “So much book for chicken….”

 

“Yeah, I did some quick research” Jihoon got five books on his hands, “But it's not as hard as you think, once you know the keyword”

 

“I know that there must be a reason why the school chooses you to be the class president” A nodding of confirmation from soonyoung. ”oh, anyway, what do you think about—“

 

 

 

“WATCH—!” A scream from the field, followed by a basketball streaking in dashed towards them.

 

 

 

 

Jihoon threw the books away from his hands as he slid to the ground and swung his hand, followed by the books that floats in the air, and a shield made of papers was formed to stop the basketball from hitting him and chicken. “What the—“

 

“Jihoon….” Soonyoung saw everything, “Look,” Including every single thing that froze around them. Everything. People, Bugs, clouds, the basketball and the books that still left in the air, everything aside them and chicken, “What happen— AWCH!”

 

“Soonyoung!!” Jihoon ran to his friend that already fell on the ground. Once he made a move, everything went back to normal. The books, the basketball, everything fall back to the ground as the gravity pulled back. Some people from the field continue their scream on the word ‘watch out’. The bugs fly back to its nest and the clouds finished it way on covering the sun. “Are you okay???”

 

No, Soonyoung was not okay cause he’s in total pain. The kind of pain that similar to what they had earlier this morning, with the change of tissues on the right hand. But this time it seems to be more severe. Soonyoung rolled on the ground while screaming “ARGH!” and crying.

 

He held onto his friend’s body to make him stop moving, “Hey! Soonyoung! Look at me!” placing his head on his lap and try to catch his eyes. But once he caught his eyes, he found something that scarier than what he had seen today. Soonyoung eyeballs turn into a glass that can see throughout everything inside his head, every neuron in his brain, and what it contains. “Soon—“

 

“AH!” Soonyoung got up from jihoon’s lap, “You okay?”.

 

“No, I’m the one who supposed to ask!” Jihoon raised his voice, “Are you okay—“ He grabs the wrist of his friend, the right wrist, of course, “You— this— how do you get this—“ His eyes are set on the same mark that he have.

 

“Ah well— wait, you have it too?!?!” And Soonyoung's eyes were also focused on Jihoon’s. “But—“

 

“To the people that their names will be announced, please turn yourself to the principle office,” A voice could be heard from the dusty speaker that they has just realized the presence of it. “Kwon soonyoung, Lee Jihoon,” The two of them looked at each other in worried, “And Choi Seungchol”

 

The first two names they got it, but “Choi Seungchol?” who is he?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Note: I decided to continue this, what do you think cause I don't want to disappoint anyone. huhu ill be more careful.