An Eternal Love

The Angel of Death

Suddenly everything stopped; even Seokmin...All his surrounding was paused. The boy opened his eyes just to meet with a strange face looked down at him.


"Joshua Hong" 

"......" Joshua did not reply, his eyes were back on his loved one in his arms. The strange creature looked at the gentle boy carefully. His dark eyes spotted a small silver ring hanging out from the boy shirt.

"Junghan is my only son"

“……” The gentle boy did not reply. He could not find his voice to speak anymore while his loved one laid lifeless in his arms. The stranger looked at them with mixes of emotions; his dark eyes focused on both boys…his son who gave up everything for a mere human and the boy who would never give up loving an angel. Love was strange and mysterious. 

"Why don't you help him??" The gentle boy finally spoke up, his tone was a bit angry.

"He made mistakes"

"By letting me live....if I were to die, can you bring him back??? Can you??" Now Joshua was yelling. This creature might kill him or made him suffer but didn’t he suffer enough already? 

"Give me his ring”

“Why?”

“Just do” Joshua pulled a necklace and handed to this unknown person. He grabbed the ring and handed it back to the boy who placed the ring back to Junghan finger. He kissed the cold hand softly. 

“Did you know that you might die being here?” Joshua shook his head, it was better for him to die with Junghan rather than living anyway.

“It would be god mercy if he let me die with one I love” He answered without hesitation. 

“For Junghan, your life was far more important than anything in this world…don’t waste it…he gives up his life, his freedom to live and his power to a human like you. I never understand my son” The creature said clearly, his voice was low and deep and it made Joshua listened.

“I would trade my life for his” Joshua placed the boy down to his bed carefully; his hand brushed long hair and smiled. His tears silently fell down again…it was torturing.

“You would?” The stranger sounded surprised.

“Yes” 

“Then the deal is done”
.

.

.

.

.
He felt like he was floating in a dream land, could not open his eyes, could not talk. He saw people around him and they talked over him….strange faces looked down at him. He wanted to reply but he seemed to lose the ability to move. He did not know how long had passed or where he was. The last thing he remembered was Junghan and his voice saying sorry. 

He heard someone calling his name now…many times and Joshua forced his eyes opened. He woke up in a room, did not know what happened. The room was too white and too bright, it was not at his home. He was somewhere else, where? He was sore and tired. He sat up and checked his clothes, they were all white and not the clothes he wore last time he left his home. 


“Finally, you are awake”

“…..” The gentle boy looked totally confused.

“Don’t be panic, don’t run and don’t complain about anything yet”

“…..”

“You must be exhausted” Joshua still tried to focus on the other familiar face…ah Seokmin. He was Junghan’s friend.

“…..”

“You probably wanted to punch my face right now but no I won’t let you do that” Then he realized what Seokmin was talking about. Junghan, something happened to him then the gentle boy sank down on bed again…depressed.

“Don’t be depressed, everything will be alright”

“Nothing is alright” That was the first sentence he said after he gain his consciousness. 

“Come on, get up. I have to bring you somewhere”

“Where”

“Trust me, you want to go there” Seokmin smiled lightly. Joshua stood up again and walked, he must have slept for a long time as his legs were wobbling.
The smiley angel leaded the way down to the garden passed many rooms and doors. It was bright outside and many angels were around. Joshua spotted a black wing angel who happened to be Jun, he walked directly at the boy looking upset as always.


“So he has finally awaken”

“Jun, be nice”

“You hurt my friend, I can’t forgive you that easy” The tall boy said while folding his arms to his chest.

“Jun!”

“What? Why? My friend shouldn’t endure that pain he received. Only because of this human” Jun pointed his index finger on his chest pushing a little. Joshua understood why these two would be mad at him. He was the one causing Junghan to be punished and hurt.

“He isn’t human anymore Jun, stop calling him that” The smiley angel patted his friend shoulder calming him down.

“What???”

“Oh…Did I say that out too loud?” Seokmin abruptly closed his mouth but it was already been heard. Joshua legs went jelly and he fell on the floor when he realized what the angel just said. He was death…death….he died so what he was now? The two angels went pale as they were not supposed to tell the boy now but it was already done.

“Why is he on the floor like that? What did you guys do?” A small pinkish hair boy walked up with grumpy face. He looked cute with his pink hair, petite body and medium sized white wings. 

“We are sorry Jihoon”

“Why can’t you do only this small little task bringing the boy to us?” He started complaining while the two angels were quiet. He then leaned down handing his tiny hand to the boy.

“I am Jihoon, it was nice to finally meet you”

“What do they mean by I’m not human anymore?”

“That’s simple, you are already death and….y.uosfsjnkm” Jihoon could not say the rest because big hand suddenly clapped on his mouth. Jun forcefully pulled the little angel away and Seokmin gulped not knowing what to say when Joshua looked even more panic and was about to faint again.

“Please you guys stop fighting” The sweet honey voice said softly. It made all three stopped and looked at him.

“Forget what we just said, it’s a joke” Seokmin added and waved his hand.

“Can you stand up?” Jihoon asked.

“Yes” Joshua supported himself standing up.

“Here we go!” The smiley angel added excitedly but he received another death glare from Jihoon. On the way, they explained about the place to Joshua who had been confused as ever but nodded along. 

They walked and talked while Joshua was quiet. He looked around at the large garden where many angels were doing their things, reading, tending garden and talking. He could count black wing kinds out of all. There were 2 or 3 among them, so few. Every time he saw the black wing angel, it reminded him of his boyfriend.


“Those are our kinds, 3 oh 4 of them…Mingyu, the handsome and his boyfriend Wonwoo. Minghao, my cousin and latest addition Chan our youngest black wings who was somewhere in the library” Jun pointed here and there showing Joshua.

“We need more black wings” Jihoon said that out of the blue. He thought the angel of death should be created more because they were powerful and strong. The more there were, the better. 

“Say that to Junghan, he might be able to” Seokmin laughed with Jun comment. 

 

They talked about Junghan…his boyfriend was alive? Joshua did not understand the situation and they did not tell him where they were heading too until three of them stopped in front of the largest wooden door. The elegant looking doors were crafted into angel wings, bows, glorious ancient angel figures standing on both side of the door.


“We are here” Jihoon called out before opening the door. They already heard some noises inside so they did not go in yet. 

“Joshua…do you know how to spread your wing?” Seokmin asked.

“Seokmin!!!” Both Jun and Jihoon yelled.

“Let me explain it” The little angel walked out and stood proud. He then explained about what happened briefly to Joshua. One week ago that the boy was brought here, it was already his time so instead of taking his soul and let Joshua passed. It was better to make him an angel. That was very short explanation from Jihoon.

“You may go in”

“What is in there?”

“Whatever you want it to be” Jun said before nudging the boy to walk in. 

 

Joshua walked slowly in the large room. There was nothing in the room except a chair that looked like a throne and two features with black wings. One was kneeling down on the marble floor, only the back view was familiar and his long hair was unmistakable….Junghan.


“Junghan” The beautiful angel turned to the calling, his eyes went wide.

“Joshua?”

“Father what did you do?” He looked back and forth between his father and the man he loved.

“I could not lose you Junghan…you are valuable to us but I couldn’t save the boy either so I turned him into one of our kind” Even though he said he was valuable and only that but Junghan knew well that he did it because his father loved him.

“But how” His father explained to his angry son what exactly happened. He just wanted to prove Junghan wrong that the human would change, he would forget and enjoyed his life without the angel. But this human was different, he waited and waited…he even tried harder to remind himself about the beautiful angel. This human loved his son and Junghan deserved the happiness he longed for. 

“Joshua Hong” His deep voice was loud and clear. The young boy walked to his boyfriend side, eyes never left the beautiful face. Junghan looked exactly the same as when he left 6 months ago. His pale lips last week were now luscious red, his big brown eyes were clear and bright. They were shining brighter than the sun.

“I am back” Sweet voice said softly. 

“Welcome back” His tender hand touched long silky hair then moved to warm cheek. The gesture made another existence in the room observed curiously. 

“Thank you for waiting”

“I will always wait for you Junghan” 

"So you are an angel now?"

"Yes" The beautiful boy smiled again. He could not contain his happiness when he knew that his beloved boyfriend was now an angel. He would not be lonely and miserable anymore when he had Joshua here.

"Don't leave me like that again" Joshua said firmly.

"Never..."

"You are stuck with me forever now Junghan"

"That's even better" The long hair angel chuckled while both his tiny hands were held close to the other heart. Junghan closed his eyes remembering this same old feeling he missed.

“I love you my beautiful angel”

“I love you too” They turned to look at the great one who already disappeared…thank you…that was what they wanted to say.


Joshua leaned down kissing soft lips gently and slowly. He missed this warmth and soft skin even he was not a human anymore, he did not care as long as he had his time with Junghan. Having the pretty boy in his arms again made him feel alive, after waited for what it felt like forever to see his beloved angel. His white wings suddenly spread out behind him, enormous wings even larger than Junghan ones. They were pure white just like his pure heart. The beautiful angel smiled happily at his boyfriend. His delicate hands touched soft feather them lovingly.


They looked opposite, one white and another black but the combination fitted perfectly. This was new to the pretty angel as well as Joshua who was recently turned but they knew that they would never be apart….not for a long long time. 
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

5 years later


“Come down right now! Joseph”

“No!”

“Josh!!!” The sweet voice called out so loud until another man had to run out. 

“Please get him down from the tree”

“Papa!” The little boy launched down from the big tree as quickly as he saw his father went out. The pretty boy dropped down sitting on the floor when he saw his son came down like that. The chubby boy ran to his smiling father and lifted his arms so the man could pick him up. 

Joshua sighed softly before picking his five years old son up in his arms. The boy giggled happily while Junghan just sat on green grass ground tiredly. 

“You should listen to your mother Joseph”

“But mama is scary” Junghan was nothing but scary to him. He was beautiful and kind.

“Why did you say that?”

“Mama doesn’t want me climbing tree and playing with that” Joshua was shocked to see what his son was up to. A snake was crawling on the floor not far away from where the tree was. He would not want his son to play with snake either.

“Because it is dangerous and you should listen to him” The little boy nodded making his short brown hair flopped up and down.

“So now go and hug your mama for me will you?” Joshua let the boy down. His short little legs ran to the beautiful boy on the floor and held him tight.

“Mama, I am sorry!” Junghan looked up at his husband who smiled softly.

“It’s ok baby”

“But I make you sad”

“I am not sad, I was just worried about you” He hugged his son back tenderly. His red lips pecked on round cheek a few times making the boy smiled in glee. They looked alike even though the little boy assembled both Joshua and Junghan features with his smiling eyes, his brown silky hair and little pink lips. He was a black wing kind like the pretty boy and they seemed to have the same stubbornness and cuteness that Joshua could not help but loved.

“Papa, I hug mama for you already. Now it’s your turn” Junghan chuckled softly and let his baby boy ran back in their house. The high level of energy was exactly like Joshua when he was young. 

“Here, let me help you up”

“Thank you” 

“You feel ok?” The pretty boy nodded and leaned against his lover shoulder. Their son did not know yet but he was going to have a younger brother very soon. 

“You shouldn’t run out like that either Junghan”

“I am fine”

“See? Joseph is totally like you” 

“It’s a good quality” The pretty boy smiled proudly before their son ran back out with a wide smile and a flower from garden in their backyard. Joshua looked at his child and his beautiful angel who was glowing even more. It made his heart filled with joy. This family was perfect and his life could not be happier.

 

 

 

 

 

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

Finally I made it! ^^ I can't break them apart so happy ending it is!

A little Joseph was added as an extra hehehe (this is a fantasy genre so anything could happen lol, don't take it too serious)

I would like to take time and thank you everyone who read this story, gave me a great comment, upvoted and subscribed to this story.

Last but not least, I have a new fic coming up! please continue supporting! (o^v^)o  o(^v^)o o(^v^o)