A Fortunate Meeting

The Angel of Death

Human was such fragile creatures, they aged and died even they did not want to but accident could kill them. Natures could wipe them all away with one strike, unlike Angels they remained un-aged and nothing could kill them…well he never heard an angel died before. They either were turned, exiled or lived through years. Thought about it maybe human was lucky, they could live and die with their loved ones but Angels could not. It was a lonely and desolating life.

.

.

.

Junghan was sitting inside the bedroom on his big comfortable bed while waiting for an order from above, he touched his feathers gently before plucked one out. His charcoal black wings wrapped around his slim body delicately, the feathers so soft yet so strong. The beautiful angel was like no others, he had Adonis like face with black wings, the wings that showed his status, his ability and his specific duty which he had to fulfil. His wings were larger comparing to other white feather angels, they were his protection and source of power.

Human had imagination about angels, they would think these heaven creatures were for guidance, for love, for healing which was not wrong but it was not all right either. Junghan kind was rare, not many of them existed and survived as an angel because most of them would turn into the dark path.

He was not an ordinary angel and they called him “The Angel of Death”.

Junghan did not like the name he was often called, it sounded terrifying and it made everyone back away from him. Who would not scared of “death”?

His duty was not many but it was difficult, even for him who had been doing it for more than hundred years. It was painful to see his mission completed, every time he prayed for his mission to fail accidently or something happened then he could run away. Even though it was a merciful death but still taking someone life left him wounds which were never healed. Unfortunately, he only failed once because he could not do it. He could not bring himself to take a young kid life, the smiley kid who captured his heart long time ago.

.

.

.

It was the last day that he had to complete his mission as he had postponed it more than a month, his very first order to take a boy soul. Eleven years-old boy who was innocent and full of kindness, the boy who concerned about him and cared for him, never once in his life that his own kinds would care for Junghan.

The beautiful boy was waiting outside the church like usual; he did not know how to do or what to do yet. His plan was ruined so many times that he lost count until he stopped planning. Junghan could not get in the church like other angels…it would not kill him but he would lose his power so he waited. While waiting for his mission to fail intentionally, he suddenly heard a sharp piercing scream from inside and he sensed it. He sensed that the boy was dying; the pretty boy hesitated a bit because of the church territory but Junghan closed his eyes and walked straight passed the front gate to the bleeding boy on the floor.

The little boy parents were in total panic when Junghan walked in, they screamed for help and it was chaotic scene. The freshman angel tried to calm himself and focused on the injured boy on the floor. Joshua was losing so much blood, turning pale and lifeless but at least he did not cry nor felt anything. The boy mother almost fainted to see the pretty stranger standing right in front of her son. The long hair angel suddenly dropped on his knee and was about to lose consciousness as well. Before the boy parents could grab a hold of him…a small gentle hand held the boy face giving all power he had left, his tear was starting to form on both eyes. He did not want this boy to die, not because of him. Soft sweet voice called the boy name waking him up from his death; he cheated death for this smiley boy in his arms and it caused him. When the boy finally opened his eyes, the pretty angel smiled then let go.

Junghan gathered all strength he had, pushed people around him to the church front door. He did not care when those people started calling him names “Devil” “Satan”…he was not any of that. He knew that he would faint soon and he could not let that happened, not here not now. When he reached the door, he pushed and ran…ran far away from the place.

.

.

.

.

The pretty boy still had a feather in his hand, rubbed it gently as he thought back about that time. He almost revealed himself to humans which considered a crime, he would be exiled to the earth and lose all his power if he did so but luckily he did not. He failed his first test and he had received punishment. After that, he promised himself not to fail ever again.

His thought was cut short by a phone call, his house phone rang a few times before the slim boy took a few strides to pick up causing his long soft feather to drag on the carpet floor at the same time.

“Another mission?” The beautiful boy asked quietly, he nodded and noted down detail on an old brownish notebook in front of him. It was a usual task, found the target, executed the plan and delivered result. The angel had done it countless time. He put the phone down and got dress in his everyday black clothes.

The beautiful boy walked out in the sunny day, he was already used to living on earth now but what he could not get used to, were lots of eyes staring at him and sometimes even followed him which he considered rude and inappropriate. He understood the effect of angel power over humankind, it was to attract them in but with his duty, he preferred staying away from his target.

Junghan looked at the address on his hand again before waited for a green light so he could walk to the destination. Once it showed green, the pretty boy walked crossed the busy road right away and he kept walking without paying attention to his surroundings.

.

.

.

.

Joshua ran past people on the street, his eyes never left the long hair boy standing next to street sign. The tall boy called out a couple times but the stranger did not turn back so he just grabbed the wrist to stop him from walking across the street.

“Mr. Angel”

“Sorry?” Joshua let go right away when the stranger turned out to be a woman.

“Ohh I’m so sorry I thought you were someone I know” The boy bowed a couple times on his misunderstanding. When he looked up again, his angel already crossed the street. Joshua determined that he had to meet and talk to the beautiful boy today. He had wait for this opportunity for a long time and it was just right in front of him so he started running again.

.

.

While Junghan was walking on the street before stopped in front of the big building. He checked the address again before pushed the glass door inside. The beautiful boy looked around checking for his way out then he smiled. This was going to be easy task, Junghan thought then he disappeared with the crowd to elevator.

.

.

The taller boy followed the long hair stranger into the building but did not see the pretty face there anymore…how could it be? Mr. Angel was right in front of him.

“You have to exchange ID card before going up sir” Joshua was distracted again and he lost sight of the pretty boy. His tender face was clearly disappointed but his determination was far stronger than he had ever been so he decided to wait until the pretty boy came out.

An hour passed and the pretty boy was still nowhere to be seen, now Joshua started to lose fate. He watched people came out from elevator and went by but they were not one he wanted to see. Another hour passed when Joshua was ready to leave, there was an ambulance siren outside the building and a few paramedics ran to elevator hurriedly. Joshua sat in lobby watching the whole hectic scene in front of him not knowing what was going on besides one tenant had a sudden heart attack in her room.

The gentle boy watched an old lady on a stretcher which was rolled out to the ambulance. She looked…peaceful? Comparing to the situation which was going on right now. But Joshua had shifted his eyes abruptly to the long hair beauty who suddenly appeared right across from him on the other side of lobby. His face was mixed between despair and impassible. It was the face Joshua remembered this pretty angel to be every time they met.

The pretty angel then looked back at Joshua, his big brown eyes stared right at the boy….shocked…then he abruptly walked away to the glass door. With a blink, his beautiful angel fled away again but this time despite whatever happening, Joshua would not give up. His long legs stepped faster at the same time calling out to the long hair boy in front of him.

.

.

Junghan who just finished his task came down from the 10th floor, he stopped a bit to see his target and sighed. It was easy mission because the poor lady was already very old. She was lucky then at least he got to meet a real angel before passed away. While he was observing the scene, he felt a pair of eyes gazes intently at him. The pretty angel looked up to meet only those deep brown smiling eyes he fell for. He was a bit shock so he ran. He was not prepared for this, he was not ready to meet the boy again.

.

.

While the pretty boy was walking faster and faster, Joshua ran then. He called out “Mr. Angel” a couple times. The long hair beauty was stopped by a voice, a deep but light sound calling “Mr. Angel” repeatedly from a far. The long hair angel hesitated to look back but he was paralyzed while thinking whether he should continue on his way or stopped for the boy before he even realized, his wrist was grabbed by a warm hand stopping him on his track.

“Please don’t run away” Gentle voice pleaded. Junghan sighed softly to himself before turned around to face the boy who now grew up into a very handsome man. He was probably around his early 30s but since Junghan did not age anymore after his 20s so he remained the same look.

Just like a dejavu, the two now looked at each other dazzlingly. Joshua was stuck with his words as he could not remember that Mr. Angel was this beautiful and it left him breathless, maybe because he was young and it was a very long time. Same as Junghan, he stared in disbelief that this was the smiley boy he met 20 years ago.

“I am sorry” The tender boy bowed apologizes.

“It’s ok Joshua”

“You remember me???”

“Of course I do, you were such a bright kid” Joshua let out a shy smile which made the pretty face blushed lightly.

“I am not a kid anymore” Junghan noticed that, the little boy now grew up into a tall good looking man with dark brown eyes. He still had his signature smiling eyes.

“I know” The pretty angel did not know why his cheek started to heat up by the look from this man in front of him. Joshua was much taller now, maybe an inch or two taller than Junghan. The long hair boy suddenly looked the other way to avoid the intense stare.

“You look the same….” Joshua said quietly, he was surprised to see the beautiful stranger looked exactly the same as he remembered, just a bit longer hair.

“Thank you for the compliment” The pretty boy giggled as he already knew that.

“Are you going somewhere right now? I did not interrupt you or anything right?” The pretty face smiled and waved away.

“I am on my way home”

“That’s…good then”

“Hmm?” The beautiful boy answered

“Did you have dinner yet? Maybe we can grab dinner together or something if you are not busy and if you don’t mind” Red lips curled into wide grin from Joshua bluntness.

“I can’t…”

“Oh…” There was a hint of disappointment in that one word from the gentle boy.

“But tomorrow is fine” Sweet voice said it out naturally. It made Joshua smiled brightly, like it was the best thing in the world for him right now.

“Where?”

“You know where to find me Joshua….it’s Sunday”

“I will see you tomorrow then” Joshua said just like when he was a child. His face was full of hope….hope to see the beautiful angel in front of him. It made the pretty boy a little sad because this boy did not have a clue what Junghan was and false hope always hurt.

“Yes tomorrow” Sweet voice promised, which made Joshua beamed in glee.

“Thank you”

“I will go now, see you later Joshua” Then the long hair boy turned and started walking away.

“What’s your name Mr. Angel” Joshua decided to ask, his voice was so low but Junghan heard anyway as he was not that far away.

“You can call me Junghan”  

 

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Dear all readers! I finally finished chapter 2 ^^ I edited them a bit before posting...it's a simple chapter I guess. Seungcheol is coming in the next chapter...yes he was really close to Junghan these days hehe so I added him as another main character.

This won't be a long fic, I almost finished the whole story. Thank you so much for comments, subscribes and read my fic. ^___^