Dongho

One Chance

"DONGHO-AH!!" shrieked another of the volunteers at the Old Folks' Home.

"..Glad to know," the mysterious guy mumbled, as he hurriedly grabbed his cap and ran off, shouting, "Neh, noona!" as he left.  Mesmerised, Ji Eun stared into the distance, still thinking about that guy's hazel brown eyes, lush black hair and seductive lips. She gave a contented grin as she thought about how he had helped her up. Just as she was fantasizing about him, a pair of hands covered her eyes. Ji Eun laughed as she heard a voice ask, "Guess who?"

"You're finally here!" Ji Eun huffed and jokingly pretended to be angry. "Yah! Where were you?! We were supposed to meet here ages ago!" Taemin and Luna shrugged sheepishly, then pointed to Jiyeon. Jiyeon blinked innocently, then said, "I just had to get those shoes! They were on sale! Not often that ALDO has a sale, you know." Ji Eun groaned and smacked her forehead with her palm, then dragged her three best friends to the Information Counter of the Old Folks' Home. "Good morning! Ahjumma, we're here to help again~" Ji Eun cheerfully sang. The bespectacled middle-aged lady raised her head, pushed her spectacles up the bridge of her nose and her frown slowly faded away.  "Oh, it's the four of you. Sure, come on in!"

After hours of doing community service, they all decided to take a break. Ji Eun, Jiyeon and Luna were in the restroom, washing up and arranging their hair. As she brushed her short brown hair till it shone,  Ji Eun hummed a happy tune and constantly reminded herself of the cute guy she saw that morning. "Dongho. His name is Dongho," she giggled, generating stares from both Luna and Jiyeon. Luna waved her hand in front of Ji Eun, but Ji Eun simpy ignored her and pushed her hand away. "What's up, Eunnie? Why do you seem so cheerful all of a sudden?"

"Aren't I always cheerful?" came the reply.

"Well, yes, but not this cheerful. Come on, tell us what's going on! You don't seem like yourself today." Jiyeon was really curious and wanted to find out exactly what had happened to her friend. Ji Eun turned around and looked at the two puzzled girls standing in front of her. "Haish~ Do you believe in love at first sight?" she sighed dreamily. Luna smirked. "Ooh, someone's in love! Who's the guy?" she teased. Still in a daze, Ji Eun blushed. "I'm not so sure either. But I do know his name. Dongho." His name echoed in her brain, making her smile.