Decisions, decisions

One Chance

Humming a merry tune, Ji Eun took a seat in her favourite bean bag, with a book in her hand. Although she was wearing a baggy t-shirt and trackpants and her hair was tied up in a messy updo, she still looked adorable. "This is the best way to relax," she told herself as she took a sip of her hot chocolate. However, the peaceful atmosphere was ruined by the chiming of Ji Eun's ringtone. Groaning, she answered her phone reluctantly. "Hello?" On the other line was Jiyeon, speaking with an urgent tone. "Eunnie! I need you to meet me at Dream Cafe. Right now."  "Huh? But.. But I'm.." Ji Eun hesitated. "No buts," Jiyeon snapped. "Be there in 10 minutes, see you!" It was always impossible to reject Jiyeon. Sighing, Ji Eun changed into something more presentable and headed out.

Looking into the mirror, Dongho smiled. "I'm so handsome," he praised himself. Suk Hyun, his little brother who was sitting in a corner playing a video game, shot him a disgusted look. "Wow. How full of yourself can you get?" he asked cheekily. Dongho ignored Suk Hyun and cheerfully stepped out of the house to meet his friends. They had arranged to meet outside Alexander's house, before going to the sports complex nearby.

"Dongho! You're finally here!" Alexander exclaimed while giving Dongho a big hug. "We agreed to meet 30 minutes ago! Don't you know how cold the outdoors is?"  Dongho pushed him away unappreciatively and greeted the rest. "Hey, guys. Where's Eli?" His friends giggled as Dongho looked around in confusion. "I'M HERE!!" Eli shouted as he smashed a water balloon into Dongho's face. His friends burst into peals of laughter as they saw the two attacking each other. Playfully, Eli threw more balloons at Dongho, but missed as Dongho swiftly evaded them. "I will get revenge!" he hollered as he quickly ran and hid behind Kevin. With their arms around each others' shoulders, they marched towards the sports complex.

Ji Eun strided into the beautifully decorated cafe, complete with shimmering lights and pastel blue walls. The cafe had a vintage feel to it, making it a cosy place for patrons to relax in. She was greeted politely by the waitresses as she strolled around the cafe, trying to find her friends. She spotted Luna, waving her arms wildly to catch Ji Eun's attention. Walking towards them, she flashed them brilliant smile and took a seat. "Hello~!" she sang happily.  Jiyeon, on the other hand, was staring at Ji Eun with a grave look on her face. "What?" laughed Ji Eun as she slapped Jiyeon on the shoulder. Luna tried her best to remain serious. "Well, we wanted to know if you and Dongho were in a relationship. Of course, it's obvious that you already are." Ji Eun started to get nervous and hurriedly stuttered, "Uhh. No! We're..not. Not at all." Jiyeon snorted. She and Ji Eun had been best friends since they were 5, and she clearly tell that Ji Eun was lying. Feeling uncomfortable, Ji Eun tried to change the subject. "So.. You called me out just to ask me that? You could have just asked over the phone!" However, Jiyeon did not get distracted from the topic. "Look, we know you have feelings for Dongho and he feels the same way. Would you just tell us if you're dating?" she demanded fiercely. Ji Eun knew she could never keep any secrets from her best friends. "Well, you're right. I like him. A lot. And apparently, the feelings are mutual. But honestly, we've never gone out on a date before." admitted Ji Eun. "Hey, why do you want to know anyway?"

After a exhausting yet refreshing game of basketball, the boys emerged into the locker room, filling the room with noise and laughter. "Yah! Dongho-ah! Do you want to go with Xander, Kevin and I for swim?" Eli asked, placing his arm around Dongho's neck. Seeing no harm in doing so, Dongho agreed, nodding his head vigourously. Slinging their towels over their shoulders, they set off for the pool. "AAH! SO COLD!" shrieked Alexander as he dipped his foot into the pool. "Ah, just get in already," rushed the impatient Eli as he pushed Alexander into the pool. One by one, they jumped into the pool, screaming as they splashed around in the cold waters. They were fooling around and having fun when Eli nudged his friends and whispered, "Hey, that babe over there's pretty hot." Alexander laughed and patted Eli on the back. "Eli, Eli. Forever looking at girls. Tsk." Kevin paid no attention to Eli and continued playing with the water-he was never really interested in "hot chicks". Dongho, on the other hand, followed Eli's gaze as he was curious to find out who Eli was talking about. About 2 feet away, the lady was relaxing at the edge of the pool, clad in a bikini which showed off her great figure. There was something familiar about her though, as Dongho seemed to recall seeing her somewhere before. His train of thoughts was broken by Kevin, who had started splashing water at him. "It's impolite to stare at people, Dongho," teased Kevin. Dongho chuckled and splashed more water towards Kevin.

"Dongho oppa!" Hearing his name being called out, Dongho turned around to see the girl Eli had pointed out walking towards him. At that moment, Dongho remembered who she was. "Oh! Min Young! Hello!" he cheerfully greeted her. From afar, Eli was secretly spying on the couple. After much consideration, he confidently walked towards Min Young and introduced himself. To his disappointment, Min seemed only interested in her conversation with Dongho and completely ignored Eli. Seeing that Eli had been rejected, Alexander and Kevin laughed and made fun of him, but tried to cheer him up as well. "You're looking good," complimented Dongho, blushing slightly. Though it wasn't obvious, Dongho was quite shy around girls. "He's so cute," thought Min. "What are you doing here?" he asked, trying to be friendly. "My friends and I came here for a dip in the pool. The weather's pretty hot these days, so..yeah." Min replied. "Dongho! We should go! It's getting late~!" Kevin advised, dragging him away from Min Young, who smiled awkwardly and waved goodbye.