Different reputations

One Chance

After making sure that his usual attire(stylish cap, comfy hoodie, branded jeans and high-top sneakers)was perfectly in place, Dongho bade his mother goodbye and slung his bag over his shoulder. He stuffed his earphones into his ears and turned up the volume of his iPod. Grooving to the beat of the music, Dongho coolly made his way to school. As soon as he stepped onto the porch, he heard screams and squeals. "Kyaaa, Dongho-oppa's here!"

"Not again,"  he thought as he rolled his eyes. It was something he had to endure every typical schoolday, just like this one. Dongho pulled down his cap so that shadows engulfed half of his face. He quickly ran to his classroom as he was chased by crazed "fangirls" of him. "Good morning," he greeted his teacher, who ignored the screaming schoolgirls outside and gestured for him to sit down. Miss Kang had also already gotten used to this everyday crisis Dongho had to face. "Okay, class. Is everyone here? Let's start class then..."

The bell rang, signalling the start of recess. Dongho was snacking on a chocolate bar while watching videos on his phone when he felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around to see his friends, Alexander, Eli and Kevin. "Sup! Sorry we're late. Eli had to go see the teacher," Alexander apologised. Dongho chuckled. "What did he do this time?" Eli shrugged and said, "I got caught using my phone in class. Aish. Next time, I should hide my phone in my textbook, that way the teacher won't notice."  Kevin, the most innocent and rule-abiding one of the group, chided Eli, "You're always getting into trouble. It's not good for your record, you know." Dongho laughed again and gave Kevin a slap on the back. "Hey, did you know that Minho's younger sister transferred here last week? She's hot." Eli smirked. "Eli, Eli. Forever checking girls out. You flirt. I must say though, his sister is really pretty." Alexander continued.

"Excuse me? Is this Mr Jung's chemistry class?" A voice awoke Dongho from his slumber. "Yes.." He rubbed his eyes, stretched his arms wide and yawned. Still dazed from his nap, he asked, "And you are?" He then realised that the girl standing in front of him was gorgeous, with her flawless skin and her doe-like eyes.

"Oh, my name's Lee Min Young, younger sister of Lee Minho. I've just transferred here."

"So she's the newbie. It's true, she's very pretty. But too bad she's not my type." thought Dongho. He looked around the classroom and noticed there were no seats left besides the one next to him. "Would you like to sit here?" Dongho asked awkwardly. "I don't think I have a choice, do I?" giggled Min Young as she sat down beside Dongho.