13

Love Me Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Long time no see, NIS Chief Agent Park." Sehun greeted with a bright smile as he and Kai got inside the backseat of the car. 

 

Chanyeol couldn't find the voice to speak as he stared at Sehun in horror through the rearview mirror. 

 

"Like my surprise gift?" Kai asked in a teasing voice, but Chanyeol still didn't respond.

 

Sehun leaned back on the seat comfortably. "So. I heard about your promotion. Guess you finally got what you want, huh? That position was supposed to be mine, though. How is it? Is it fun being at the top?" 

 

"Sehun.. How did you.." Chanyeol trailed off in a weak voice. He was at a total loss about what was happening and there were so many questions running on his head that he didn't know where to start.

 

"Aww.. Chief Park looks so scared and confused. Where's the arrogant psycho that faced me three years ago and confidently confessed his sins while I was in jail?" Sehun stated in amusement.

 

Chanyeol shifted his gaze to Kai. "Kai.. Love.. What's happening?"

 

"Well, first of all, you can stop calling me love now. It's disgusting. God, you don't know how much it makes me cringe everytime you call me that. And as for your question, don't worry. We'll clear things out before we send you to hell."

 

"What do you think of my boyfriend's acting skills? He's good, right? You didn't even suspect him in the least bit. Maybe I should recommend him to Director Choi. He'd be good at undercover missions. Oh, and by the way, just to be clear.. He's my boyfriend, okay? He has never been yours, and never will be."

 

Kai smiled lovingly at Sehun and kissed his cheek. "I love you."

 

Sehun turned his head to Kai and smiled back. "I love you." He said before he leaned closer to fervidly make out with Kai.

 

Chanyeol felt his heart getting stabbed and looked away as he couldn't bear to see them kissing.

 

After a long moment, Sehun and Kai pulled away to catch their breaths and stared into each other's eyes before they turned their heads to the front.

 

"Oh. Sorry, I got lost in my boyfriend's kiss, I forgot I still have some explaining to do. Anyway, let's get back to business. You were asking what's happening, right?" Sehun said in a casual tone, like he was just chatting with a friend.

 

Chanyeol anxiously glanced at the rearview mirror for a moment before he averted his gaze and just stared at the windshield, still disoriented with the sudden turn of events. 

 

"Let's start explaining babe, I'm already excited for the main event." Kai stated exuberantly.

 

Sehun chuckled. "Okay. Well.. Unfortunately for you, Chief Park, Suho's good at detecting lies. He started to notice something suspicious about you ever since I disappeared from the agency. He knew there was something off with the story you told them, and he said you were also acting unusual, so he decided to spy on you. After he confirmed that I'm still alive and I'm in jail, he immediately met up with Kai and told him everything before they both went to see me. They got me a good lawyer who could work on reducing my sentence and bribed some people so the news wouldn't reach you. They also helped me plan on how to get back at you. Suho worked on gathering evidences regarding the two people you killed at the hospital, while Kai worked on making you fall in love with him. And then when you're already in too deep, that's when we'll strike and let you know how it feels to be betrayed by someone you love and trust."

 

Chanyeol was at a loss for words, completely aghast at the fact that he has been deceived all this time. He couldn't believe he didn't notice anything with Suho and Kai. Maybe because he really trusted them, so he never imagined that they were stabbing him in the back. He really trusted them, and that's exactly why this sudden revelation of betrayal is ripping him into pieces right now. 

 

"So, how does it feel? It hurts to be stabbed in the back, right?"

 

"Kai.. Our relationship.. Was it all just an act?"

 

Sehun smiled. "That's funny. I also asked you the same thing when you finally showed me your true colors, remember?"

 

Chanyeol ignored Sehun and just kept his gaze at Kai. "Kai.. Love.. Please tell me it wasn't all just lies. Please tell me you also loved me even just a bit." 

 

"My heart has always belonged to one person only. And that person is sitting beside me right now." Kai stated straightforwardly.

 

Chanyeol's eyes began to brim with tears. "But I love you, Kai. I love you. And I trusted you. I was sincere. I really love you, and you know that. How could you do this to me?"

 

"Of course I know that. I just told you a while ago that I'm happy that you love me, right? It's because this revenge would only work if you love me. Otherwise we won't be able to let you know how it feels to be betrayed once you discover that I never really loved you all along. And I also told you that I'm giving you what you deserve, right? This is what you deserve, Chanyeol."

 

"I.. I trusted you.." 

 

"Wow. Look who's all shocked and devastated right now. You really look like me three years ago. I guess that's a confirmation that I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter