11

Love Me Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Yeol.. Where's Kai?" Sehun asked when he woke up at the hospital.

 

Chanyeol stood up from the couch and quickly approached Sehun. "Sehun! Thank God you're finally awake. I couldn't stop worrying about you. I can't believe you got into another accident in just two weeks. What exactly happened?"

 

"We ran a red light. And collided with a car at an intersection. Where's Kai?"

 

Chanyeol heaved a sigh. "He's at the ICU. He's still in a critical condition. The other car crashed straight to his side."

 

Sehun immediately sat up and winced. "I want to see him."

 

"Careful, Sehun. Your shoulder has been dislocated. You also have a neck injury and few bruises."

 

"Take me to his room. Please."

 

"He's in a coma, Sehun." 

 

"What?" 

 

"I'll bring you there, but I have something to tell you first."

 

"What is it?"

 

"The police are coming here to investigate."

 

"Police?"

 

Chanyeol took a deep breath. "The driver and the passenger of the other car both died. Since there has been negligence on Kai's part, I think you already know what comes next, right?"

 

Sehun was unable to say anything for a moment as he froze in utter shock.

 

"Kai will be charged with vehicular manslaughter. Since he's still in a coma, the police will interrogate you first."

 

Sehun quickly gathered his thoughts together. "Find out if there's a CCTV at the crash site. Find also the paramedics that brought us here. I need to talk to them."

 

"Okay, but what for?"

 

"I'll tell you later. I want to see Kai first."

 

 

--------

 

 

"Kai.." Sehun whispered as he stood beside Kai's bed and stared at his fragile state.

 

"I'm sorry.. I think we won't be together for some time again. But we'll make it through this. We promised nothing can break us apart, right? I love you so much. Wake up soon, Kai. Wake up and recover fast." Sehun said as tears streamed down his face.

 

"One day. One day we'll be together again. Let's be patient and strong, okay?" He said as he kissed Kai's lips and stared at him a little longer before he went out of the room.

 

 

--------

 

 

"What? Are you out of your mind?" Chanyeol asked Sehun in shock.

 

"I can't let him face a criminal charge." 

 

"So you'll sacrifice yourself?"

 

"Two people died, Yeol. Someone has to take responsibility for it, and I'll make sure it won't be Kai."

 

"Yes, I know someone definitely has to take responsibility for it, but it should be Kai, not you. He was the one behind the wheel. The negligence was committed by him. If he kept his full focus on the road, this wouldn't have happened."

 

"I already told you. I don't want him to be jailed. And I'm at fault too. I was also there inside the car. I should have also paid attention. I should have seen that red light. But I didn't because I was also distracted."

 

"Sehun. Think about this first, please. He was the driver, not you. You shouldn't take the blame."

 

"I've already made up my mind."

 

"Do you realize what's going to happen to you? You'll be in prison, probably for years. You'll have a criminal record. You think the agency will accept you back after that? This will seriously affect your life and your career. Your career that you have always dreamed of and have worked hard for all these years."

 

"The impact will be much worse on Kai if he's the one who gets charged. He's a public figure. A celebrity's life can be easily destroyed with just one scandal. The public doesn't know me. Whether I go to jail or not, nobody would care. I wouldn't be talked about. But if it's Kai, it will cause a huge noise. Him killing two people and going to court and possibly getting sentenced will be all over the news. He'd be talked about and criticized. Even if he can get back in the limelight after he's served his sentence, it might not be the same again. His image and reputation is forever tainted in the eyes of the public. I can't imagine how hard would that be for him. I can't let that happen to him."

 

"Okay, let's say there aren't CCTV records of the accident. But the paramedics who arrived at the scene obviously saw who was at the driver's side and who was at the passenger's. What if the police asks them? And they could also find other evidences and witnesses that you weren't the one who's driving. You're an agent, you should know about these things. Your plan might not work out smoothly."

 

"That's why I asked you to call the paramedics who attended to us. I'll bribe them just in case they also get questioned. If there are witnesses, find them and bribe them."

 

Chanyeol was utterly bewildered. "Are you that desperate to get jailed?"

 

"I'm not desperate to go to jail. I'm desperate to save Kai from this mess. I know something could go wrong during the investigations, but I'd still push through with this. I'm willing to be in jail instead of Kai,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter