vein

Give to Get

  

 chapter 5 | vein

 

 

 

 

Halting all movements suddenly like a huge flashing sign was in front of him, Mingyu’s mind completely blanked. The only two things he could think of were the words Wonwoo and Mysophobia. Wonwoo has Mysophobia.

 

Like a switch was flipped, Mingyu immediately released his grasp on Wonwoo. He didn’t know what to say as his mouth gaped open but closed right after.

 

“I-I, Wonwoo I’m-”

 

“Just,” Wonwoo paused as he began to collect himself, wiping his wet eyes furiously and taking deep breaths as he backed away a little. “It’s okay. Just stop.” he finished, exhaling a large breath. Out of no where, his body suddenly went rigid and his breathing became shallow and quick again. Mingyu also froze in fear that he had done something again.

 

“What’s wrong?” He asked in a anxious tone for what seemed like the hundredth time.

 

“Why are you here? Is this going to be like last night? Please leave.” Wonwoo nervously stepped backwards even further, his back bumping against the backside of his leather couch.

 

“I-No, I’m actually here to, uh, apologize.” Was he? He actually didn’t really know why he was here. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have done that. I just, no this isn’t right. You probably don’t even want to talk to me. I’m sorry it’s just-”

 

“Please stop.” Wonwoo choked out. “I understand your conditions.” He carefully responded like he was trying to reassure Mingyu, of what, he didn’t know. A million things swarmed around in Wonwoo’s mind as his hands squeezed the black leather, debating his next move. Of course he felt bad for this kid, but that didn’t mean he could accept this so suddenly. Why was this happening to him of all people? Why did it have to be him? His life was already hard, but lately everything has been going wrong, wrong, wrong. Everything has a ‘but’ in Wonwoo’s life.

 

It wasn’t like Mingyu wasn’t human, or maybe he should rephrase that. It wasn’t like he didn’t have a heart or feelings. He saw the way Wonwoo withered in his grasp and how he's frozen like a deer caught in the headlights in front of him, analyzing Mingyu’s every move with those narrow eyes barely showing under his unmanaged fringe.

 

Mingyu’s trying so hard to put himself in the olders intricate mind and see how he would feel, but it just seems almost impossible, like that Super Mario Bro’s level you can never beat. He continues to stare straight into Wonwoo’s eyes even though he isn’t looking back, but then realizes that this might not be the right thing to do. Really, he actually has no idea what the right thing to do is because it seems like he’s been doing everything wrong since he was born.

 

Sighing, Mingyu decides to speak up before Wonwoo explodes from overthinking. “I’m Mingyu.” Simple is good right? Suddenly feeling extremely self conscious, he feels awkward standing by the door for so long so he takes a few steps forward, somehow forgetting he has to try extremely hard not to frighten Wonwoo and somehow gain his trust over time. In some ways, Wonwoo was literally like a blood vessel, a vein. Your life support, but also something very delicate that you have to not do anything to extreme or dangerous to or they could just break, spilling out all their contents.

 

“I think you already know my name.” Wonwoo replies with the same stiffness and emptiness as before even though he still refuses to look Mingyu in the eye.

 

“I’m sorry this happen.” Mingyu quickly adds on, snapping his head up to look at Wonwoo’s face again with a sorrowful expression.

 

“No you’re not.” Wonwoo was almost as stiff as the leather his hands held onto like a person on life support after a terrible .

 

Mingyu want’s to find the words to say to fight back and prove Wonwoo wrong because he is wrong. Mingyu is sorry for Wonwoo, really, but he has to keep reminding himself, don’t put any emotion into this. You’re just supposed to drink his blood and leave.

 

Wonwoo doesn’t really seem like he’s expecting an answer so Mingyu never responds.

 

“Are you still a student?” Wonwoo asks with caution, scanning the taller of the two’s uniform. Wonwoo remembers the stiff tie, the uncomfortable shoes that pinched his feet in all the wrong places, and the clean white shirt that crinkled where it got tucked into his khakis held up with a belt.

 

“I’m in my last year.” Mingyu tries to break the awkwardness by taking a step forward, but Wonwoo rapidly raises his hand to touch his hair as a warning not to come any closer or he’ll lose it again.

 

What was he suppose to say to someone in his position? ‘Hi I’ll be dead without you so lets get along, but lets never get connected I just want to come maybe once a week to drink your blood and you can pretend I don’t even exist.’ Remember the smile!

 

When Wonwoo is finally looking at him face-to-face, Mingyu want’s to flee. The sharp look almost cuts into him like a razor to the tender skin in the folds of your arms and knees. Mingyu has to remember to be careful not to break his vein, Wonwoo.

 

“I-I-Maybe I should leave.” Wonwoo just nods once, twice and then stops all movement. Mingyu turns around quickly and opens the front door of the small Seoul apartment and leaves with the only trace being a quivering Wonwoo.

 

A sudden shiver rushes through Wonwoo as he pushes himself up from the back of the couch and exits to his small kitchen. Opening up the refrigerator, he pulls out a container of filtered water, because ‘who knows what touched those bottles and where that water came from?’ Wonwoo would tell people. He wouldn’t even drink water at restaurants either.

 

The way that so many people believe Wonwoo is like this by choice upsets him. He swears if it was his choice, he would probably do so much more than stay at home and study all day. He would actually maybe try and make friends, and go out and do things and have fun again. But no, Wonwoo couldn’t do those things anymore because of that. The thought of blood drenches his mind and he thinks he hears a scream, but decides it's most likely just his imagination. He sleeps on the black leather couch with the lights on that day because her face, covered with blood, just doesn’t leave his mind.

 

The next morning, Wonwoo wakes up with a stiff neck and confusion as soon as he sees that the lamp was left on overnight. Almost everything that happens has a delayed effect on him now. Shortly after, he remembers all the events of the day before and rubs his swollen eyes as he gets up to wash up for school. He decides to wear another sweater that day to cover every single cut he possibly can and when Soonyoung says ‘he looks like complete ’ later that morning, he lies and says his cat just scratched his face. He doesn’t even have a cat. Cats shed and they’re animals and they have germs and they have feces and they need litter boxes and they things and their mouths touch who knows what and- Wonwoo’s list could go on forever and ever on why having a cat was not something he was planning on. Mingyu kind of reminded Wonwoo of a cat with his small eyes with long eyelashes and little button nose and sharp fangs and oh, he was rambling to himself again. This was just another reason Wonwoo did not want to be involved with him. Mingyu was bad news.

 

Mingyu visited that day again after school, obviously trying to get rid of any awkwardness between them even though that would probably always be impossible. He made Wonwoo nervous with his commanding voice and how he was at least five inches taller than him and how he never seemed certain on what he wanted and- Wonwoo stopped himself from jumbling everything up again.

 

The younger tried to make small talk about anything he could think of. Wonwoo didn’t like small talk at all. Even the words sounded unapealing because he hated being called small and hated talking even more. So if the two words were ever put together, naturally Wonwoo would hate it right?

 

After a while, Wonwoo got a bit fed up with the poor excuse of a conversation the high schooler was trying to create. “Do you have any homework?” Wonwoo asked cutting Mingyu off as he explained something about it being super hot today or something like that, Wonwoo wasn’t really paying attention.

 

“Um yeah, why-”

 

“Show it to me.” Wonwoo told him as more of an order then nicely asking him to show it to him.

 

“But-” Mingyu wanted to argue and ask why but Wonwoo didn’t really want to explain. Showing was easier than telling, in his opinion.

 

“Just” Wonwoo began again, clearing showing he was not going to argue and that was it.

 

Sighing, Mingyu pulled his book bag closer to him and ped the top. He noted how Wonwoo cringed at the sound of the zipper as he quickly opened it in one go. Wonwoo seemed to be startled by sudden sounds, even if he knew they were coming. He pulled out a thick textbook Wonwoo told himself he never wanted to see again after graduation, and a notebook that looked like it had never been used before. After some flipping around, he finally found a page covered in numbers and letters that didn’t seem to go together. Mingyu had always thought that things like numbers and letters were so different that they should always stay separate. Mingyu was never top student.

 

Reaching to the coffee table, Wonwoo pulled on a pair of reading glasses and started writing the page heading best to his memory. His hand halted its swift movement when it reached the name section.

 

“What’s your last name?” He asks without looking up.

 

“Kim?” The other answers more as a question, still confused. Mingyu was never top student for a reason. After Wonwoo finished filling in the name section, he looks back to the textbook and begins copying the questions and then oh, oh, Mingyu finally catches on. Wonwoo’s doing his homework for him.

 

“You don’t have to do this.” Wonwoo stops writing for a few seconds but never looks up.



 

 

 

 


Slay me. This was written from 11PM-2AM and read over/check over once quickly. I apologize for any errors and will probably review it again more thoroughly after uploading. Also thought I would share some funny/cute/relevant real life facts about Mingyu.

  • One of his favorite foods is meat. 
  • If he had the opportunity, he would like to date someone older than him. (wonwoo)
  • His favorite color is red. 
  • He is closest to Wonwoo. 
  • His ideal type girl is a girl who is tall, kind-hearted & easy-going. (aka wonwoo what

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, and don't forget to comment what you're thinking! I'm trying to write as fast as possible while still producing good quality stuff because it seems like a lot of people like this story. I want to thank you all so much for all your support and I'm thinking of writing a small MONSTA X JooheonxHyungwon (ehehm it's already being written) as a small thank you. What do you think?