Realizing

How Can I Reach You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

From the moment I started liking you, not a single day has been ordinary. I’m in love with you, I want to give you tender love

The girl did not reply. Honestly, I didn’t expect her to. I wrote more letters, short quick notes that told her my thoughts, nothing really that important. Each letter I elivered through Kevin. Sometimes, I was tempted to follow him and see where he would take them, but the louder part of me told me to be patient; you’d find her eventually. Kevin had already given me a couple clues.

1. She went to the same college as me, but a different major

2. She didn’t have good eyesight (that meant either glasses or contacts)

3. She had an interest in creative activities

I hadn’t found any possible subjects yet, but I paid close attention to the people around me. I also was trying my hardest to get used to California. My first few nights were sleepless because I wasn’t used to the time difference, but it got better after a while. I was growing more and more used to my bedroom and Kevin was a great help, renting a car out for me and being just kind in general. He decided to stay a little longer then expected, just to help me get settled in.

“Just ask my cousin for help if you ever need it,” He said with a grin.

To be completely honest, I loved California. LA was such an exciting city with great shopping districts and fun places to explore and hang out. I was looking forward to all the amusement parks most of all. I spent my days in a couple classes, spending my breaks in between with Kevin’s cousin. She was very kind and helped me out with my rusty English. Most of the time I used the wrong adjective and she’d laugh. Her dimple would show on her right cheek and I’d laugh too. We became friends as the days passed by, but it was strange. Whenever I was with her, I felt a glass wall there between us. I could see her and talk to her, sometimes I could even go through the glass wall and we’d be close, but then the wall would come back up again before long.

I never asked about it. Maybe something had happened in the past that made her build such walls, or maybe that was just her personality. It didn’t really bother me; it just made me feel a little sad. But whenever I did manage to slip past the glass, I was always rewarded with a genuine smile and maybe a laugh. It was enough for me.

But I didn’t know everything about her. She wasn’t much to talk first and kept her personal life somewhat of a secret. If I asked, she’d answer but not in great detail. It was probably just in her personality to act like that. I hoped to one day help her out of her shell. But I learned something big one day after class. She had been sick one day and constantly apologized about not being bale to drive me to school, but I said it was fine. I was pretty worried about her fever so I skipped my last class and drove straight home. When I unlocked the door, I instantly heard the sound of a piano. It was a familiar song, but I couldn’t put my finger on which song it was.

Quietly, I padded towards the living room (where the grand piano was) and peaked my head to see who was playing so well. I gasped when I saw. It was her.

She was sitting lightly on the black piano bench and her eyes were on the piano keys. Her delicate hands floated back and forth across the piano keys as she played a song that was oh so very familiar to me, but unexpected. I never knew. I found myself humming along softly to the sweetly sad song.

Don’t hesitate another minute please take away my heart

Yes, the sharper the better, the night that even the moon has closed her eyes

If it were any other man, if it were a single verse taken from a comedy

Burn all the scars you’ve exchanged for that love

Baby don’t cry tonight after the darkness passes

Baby don’t cry tonight it’ll become as if it never happened

You’re not the one to disappear into foam, something you never should’ve known

So Baby don’t cry cry my love will protect you

Exchanging only our separate fates that lead to one another

As inevitable as it seemed that we’d miss, I know we loved just as much

When you smile, sun shines A brilliance you can’t fit into a framework of language

The waves crash my heart and crumble down oh

Baby don’t cry tonight a night plagued by violent storms (Ooh As if the sky will fall)

Baby don’t cry tonight It’s slightly befitting

To let you go at a moment that shines more brilliantly than tears like this

So Baby don’t cry cry My love will be remembered

Above the dark shade of pain, at the doorsteps of farewell

Even if I take a brutal fall, I can manage if it were for you

Uh, Instead I’ll give myself to you who don’t know me

Don’t cry, give me chilling laughter instead of hot tears Baby,

Say no more (baby) no more (don’t cry)

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter