Speaking

How Can I Reach You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Though our love is ordinary, the value is immeasurable. It’s like flying in the sky, feeling like I might fall at any minute.

 

During our meal at the practice building, we were planning out our trip schedule. The guys had wanted to spend then next day with Tao as a whole group, but I had intervened, reasoning that all 10 of them in one place would definitely attract unwanted attention. Since we would be spending a couple weeks in Korea, the group decided to divvy up who would spend which days with Tao. Today it was Kai and Sehun’s turn to be with us, and we decided to go shopping. We chose to go to the Dongdaemun Shopping District since it was near the hotel where Tao and I were staying at in Seoul.

The four of us decided to meet at the shopping district at 10 am but I was so excited that I ended up waking at 5. My mom was still asleep when I woke up, so I left a note telling her that I had decided to go sneak into Tao’s room. He had given me his extra key card, so I slipped inside with ease.

The room was quiet, and I could just barely hear his soft breathing from the bedroom. I gently tiptoed into his bedroom, shut the door lightly, and snuggled into bed next to him. The white fluffy blankets were warm from his touch and I smiled as I wrapped my arms around his waist and laid my ear against his chest. He shifted slightly and I could see his lips tug into a tiny smile. He let out a soft sigh. I let my eyes flutter shut for a moment, but then a pair of soft lips against my forehead surprised me. My eyes opened and they met with Tao’s. I smiled.

“What are you doing here,” He mumbled, shifting a little to put an arm underneath my head and give me more room.

“I just wanted to see you,” I said.

“When I opened my eyes, I thought I was dreaming,” He teased, pressing his lips against my forehead, “I’d always hoped to lie in bed with you”

My face flushed and I said nothing, deciding to simply bury my face into his chest. I could hear his heart pounding against my ear, and I felt this flutter of joy inside my heart. As we lay there, Tao began to hum a soft, unfamiliar tune.

“Is that a new song that you’re writing?” I said and he nodded.

“My team are thinking about releasing my new music soon in a mini album,” He said, “We’re going to start filming the music video once this trip is over”

“So soon!” I gasped, “Don’t overwork yourself”

“I won’t,” He said, but his eyes looked pained.

“What is it?” I breathed, squeezing his middle just a bit tighter.

“I’m going to have to tell them before we go home,” He mumbled, smiling sadly, “They deserve to know before my new music comes out”

There were tears on the edges of his eyelids that threatened to fall. My heart ached to see him sad, so I leaned up and kissed his eyelids gently.

“I’m so scared,” He whispered and his arms were shaking.

“But you know that you cannot stay here,” I said, rubbing his cheek gently with my thumb, “I know that it may seem scary, but this is the best thing for you right now”

He looked into my eyes and slowly nodded.

“They are your brothers, I am sure that they will understand,” I said, “Of course they will be sad, but sacrifices must sometimes be made so that happiness can be attained”

Tao rubbed at his eyes and chuckled softly, “When did you become so wise?”

“I’ve always been wise,” I huffed, “You just failed to notice”

“That was my mistake,” He said.

I giggled softly, “And also, I think it’d be wise if you kissed me right about now”

“Your wish is my command,” He whispered.

His hand reached to softly pull at my neck, pulling me upwards so that our lips met in sweet bliss. I let my eyes flutter shut, resting my hands against his solid chest, as I got lost in his kiss. His musky scent seemed to surround me, pulling me in even deeper and intoxicating me. His tongue swiped against my lips and I gladly let him in.

It was a short playful battle for dominance, our tongues crashing against one other and swiping against teeth. As we kissed, I felt his hands slide slowly down, his fingers brushing against my stomach and the edge of my white t-shirt. I slide my hands through his hair, entangling them in his dark tasseled locks.

Finally, I had to pull away for air. My hair was a tangled mess, I was panting for breath, and my shirt hem had ridden up a lot higher than the way it was before. Tao had this crazy grin on his face, and his eyes were glittering like stars.

“I love you,” He mumbled, and our lips crashed together once more.

“Sorry we’re late,” Tao mumbled sheepishly and I nodded my head. Kai shook it off with a soft chuckle and Sehun nodded slightly. The other two were dressed simply, with masks and sunglasses. Kai had on a white baseball tee with blue jeans and a black mask and Sehun wore a sky blue and white striped shirt with dark pants, a dark mask, and a baseball cap.

“What happened? Did you get stuck in traffic?” Kai asked.

“Sure,” I said, and Tao laughed.

“Let’s go already,” Sehun said and we set off.

The shopping district stretched over a good few blocks and was already bustling with customers. I stuck close to Tao with my arm brushing against his, but we didn’t hold hands like we normally did. Since we were in Korea, there’d be plenty more fans here than in the States, so I didn’t want rumors to fly. Kai was on my left and Sehun on his left. I chatted softly with them as we walked around.

“Where should we start?” Kai said to me since I had the map of the district.

“Good morning city sounds good,” I said, pointing at the building, “Shall we?”

“We shall,” He said with a grin.

The mall was one of the biggest that I’d ever seen. The building was extremely tall and there were 23 floors and over 700 stores inside. People flowed in and out of the doors with bags full of Korean goods. I could feel excitement building up inside me and I squeezed Tao’s hand lightly.

“Take a picture for me in front of the building!” I said as I handed him my phone.

I posed in front of the tall skyscraper, making peace signs with my finge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter