Chapter Five

Chameleon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sulli and Krystal are sitting comfortably on Krystal’s apartment couch. Okay, maybe only Krystal because Sulli is a bit jumpy in there. The taller girl can’t stop look left or right.

“She won’t come back that soon and I’m not lying. I know where she is now. I just can’t tell you where because it has relation with her mission,” Krystal gently touches Sulli’s shoulder. “You trust me, right?”

Sulli is scratching her neck that doesn’t itchy. It is a sign that she’s nervous. “But… she can secretly keep a hidden camera somewhere here, right?”

“If what you mean is for discovering our relationship, it was too late. She already knows,” Krystal says nonchalantly. In the corner of her eyes, she can see Sulli’s jaw drops. “She just wants us to tell her. That’s why she asked Tiffany unnie to stay with us.”

“She is hoping you reject the idea?” Sulli asks. “It’s nearly possible, right? You never say no to her. I ever think… maybe you will also say yes if… she asked you to break up with me,” she bitterly chuckles.

“Are you looks down my feeling for you?” Krystal asks coldly.

“No, no, no, sweetie, I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to do it that way.” Sulli immediately kneels down in front of Krystal. “I just don’t want you to fight with her because of me. I know she means a lot to you.”

“But you also mean a lot to me too…” Krystal says sadly.

“I know, baby, I know,” Sulli takes a seat next to Krystal and gently pulls her into hug. “But we need to make her understand first, right? And I believe she’ll accept us. I believe she’ll do it for you if I can prove it to her that I can make you happy….”

“You do make me happy,” Krystal mumbles in Sulli’s neck.

“But now I make you sad,” Sulli says sadly.

“I just…”

“I know, Soojung-ah… But still, it’s my fault. I shouldn’t think that way,” Sulli Krystal’s back. “When she’s coming back, let’s talk to her. Let’s convince her that this isn’t monkey love. Let’s show her how real our love is. Agree?”

Krystal slowly nods. She secretly grins because she gets what she wants. Finally Sulli makes the initiative to talk with her sister although she knows the tall girl still afraid with her sister. Krystal is proud with her.

“By the way, I remember you have a story for me? Is it still available?” Sulli asks, trying best to change the topic.

“Is it about why my sister is so overprotective to me?” Krystal asks.

Sulli nods. “But we can skip it and watch movie until Tiffany unnie picks you. It’s up to you.”

This is one part of Sulli that Krystal likes and hates the most from Sulli – her understanding attitude. Krystal likes it because Sulli always gives the space she needs. She never forces to know about everything. Sulli will wait until Krystal spills it herself. In the other side, she hates it because it feels like Krystal always the one who take charge in their relationship. Sulli always follows.

That’s why Krystal is happy when Sulli is the one who offers to talk with Jessica – not because Krystal asks her to. That’s also the reason why Krystal agrees Tiffany moves to her apartment instead she lives with Sulli when Jessica is away. She won’t talks about Sulli to Jessica if Sulli wasn’t there. Krystal wants to formally introduce her girlfriend to her sister – not only sisterly chat aka bonding.

“I don’t mind at all. It’s happened a long time ago actually,” Krystal says. “I don’t remember about it – mom told me that why I know – but it had big impact to Jessica. That’s also the reason why she made a decision to be a police – and now detective. She didn’t want it happened to others family.”

“Which is?” Sulli frowns.

“I was kidnapped by my dad’s company rival. They were competing for a big contract. His rival wanted him to give up because my dad had a big chance to win. I didn’t ask what project but mom said my dad won it,” Krystal started to tell the story. “I was 3 years old – Jessica was 8 years – when it happened. Our nanny, Jessica and I were in the garden on that day. It became her nightmare – even until now.”

“But… she also a kid, right? The one who should felt sorry is your nanny, she was the adult one,” Sulli wonders.

“Apparently our nanny was part of the crime. She was the inside informants for the kidnapper,” Krystal continues. “Don’t interrupt! I haven’t finished yet.”

Sulli makes a sign to zip . She only grins when Krystal glares at her.

 “Jessica was felt sorry because she thought she can protect me more. She was stupid because she was thinking she should let herself get kidnap instead of me,” Krystal adds. “After I had been saved by the police, she rejected all nannies offer from our parents. She said, I’m her responsibility and she didn’t need any help from stranger. She’ll be the one who will take care of me. And she keeps that promise until now.”

Sulli is speechless. Not because she promises Krystal to keep shut, but she never thoughts the story will be…like this. Now she is not sure if she is good enough to compete with the older Jung – or even share the job.

“It also her turning point. She actually wants to be a fashion designer, but after saw the detectives had a great job of saving me, she wants to be one,” Krystal ends her story. “I ever told you she is more like my parents than my parents, right?”

Sulli nods.

“Now you allow talking,” Krystal pokes Sulli’s nose.

Sulli only nods again.

“What?” Krystal frowns.

“Somehow… I know what the feeling of a man who will ask someone’s daughter to her dad,” Sulli admits. “She is protecting you all of your life and who am I to take the job? I even not sure if I’m good enough to share the job.”

“You know what dad wants from his soon-to-be son in law?” Krystal asks.

“Makes her princess as the queen of his heart?” Sulli asks.

“You pass!” Krystal grins, pecking Sulli’s lips. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” Sulli replies, taking Krystal for a sweet kiss.

“Ahem… I hope I won’t be the one who tell Jessica about this. What will she thinks when she found out someone is her sister’s face when she’s away? I think a bullet through your head will be the best option for you.”

Sulli jumps few feet away for the interruption. She obviously releases a sigh of relief it just Tiffany – not Jessica.

“And talking about dad – sorry I accidentally heard your conversation earlier – you really like a teenage boy who gets caught sneaking into someone’s house to meet their precious daughter when her parents away,” Tiffany tells. “My advice, don’t do that to Jessica. She isn’t the parents you want to meet after did something like this – which is you did. She definitely will kill you.”

This is the second time someone told Sulli that Jessica will kill her if she did something to little Jung. Although she knows they only joking, but in some point, it’s hard to believe.

“By the way, I’m here to pick you,” Tiffany points at Krystal. “We need to be there before 7. You still want to come with me, right? And if you want to take a shower, now is a better time. I need at least an hour to drive there. And where I should put this luggage? It’s heavy. And I REALLY needs a cold water to shut down my mind for awhile.”

Krystal points at the guest room that usually being used by her parents when they visit them – Jessica and Krystal, not Tiffany. She just let her sister’s partner to walk to that room without saying a word. Jessica ever told her, when Tiffany is rambling nonstop, it’s me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter