Gildarts Versus Natsu

That Missing Piece Of My Heart

Lucy's p.o.v

I quickly walked away from the scene. I just wanted to get away from them. I wiped my eyes so people wouldn't notice me crying.

"Just forget about it. Just forget about it." I repeated.

I kept my head down while I was walking and accidently bumped into a random guy.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I said.

"Lucy?" he said.

I looked up with weary eyes and saw Gildarts standing before me.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

He looked angry and it sort of scared me.

"N-nothing. I... I just saw Lisanna and Na...tsu and they--" I started to cry again. "They were on a picnic I guess and the firework show was going on in the park then they kissed and Natsu saw me!" I confronted.

"What?! That kid needs a beating. He never listens!" he yelled.

"Huh?"

He ran off to the park leaving me confused. I wiped my eyes again and walked away.

Gildarts p.o.v

I reached the park and saw crowds of people. I was searching. Searching for Natsu.

Where is this er?

When I found him, he looked at me and noticed how angry I was. I could tell that he was scared because every step I took closer to him, he kept moving back. But he wasn't no match for me. Instead of taking him by the scarf, I took him by the hair and dragged him away, again. Lisanna could go take a hike or something cuz we left her .

"Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow!" Natsu whined.

"You should be ashamed of yourself, Natsu! You broke my rules and NOW you're ganna pay for it!" I yelled to him.

"Oh yeah? You think you're the boss?! You're not my dad so just quit actin' like you are!" he yelled back.

That was it. My kid or not, I was in the point where I would make this er bleed head to toe. I threw Natsu in front of me to the ground, causing a small crater. When he got up, he gave me his angry eyes and his whole body went into flames. Everyone around us quickly ran away in terror. Just because of that, I knew that this was going to be one hell of a fight.

"Look, I don't know why you want me to follow your rules but I think it's stupid how you're treating me right now."

"Look who's talkin'!" I said and took my cape off.

"I ain't holdin' back." he said.

I frowned at him. "Bring it."

I knew that he wasn't ganna last at least ten minutes.

"Fire Dragon Roar!" Natsu yelled.

Fire came straight at me but I didn't move an inch. The fire disappeared when it came too close and Natsu was right in my face about to punch me with fire flaming off his fist. I took his fist stopping the impact and punched him in the face making him destroy the road. Natsu was struggling to get up and was coughing non stop. I walked over to him then stepped on his back. His whole body and face was deep in the road. That must've hurt. Just when I thought I had victory, fire started building from the ground and all of a sudden, I was the one flying. I quickly got up and saw Natsu already standing, and surrounded by his flames. He was also bleeding a little on his forehead. Natsu ran at me in anger and tried punching me again. I dodged and tripped Natsu over then elbowed him on the head and he went head first down. I was done fighting.

This kid's a wreck. He's careless whenever he fights. I'm done with this. Though, I gotta admit... Natsu is like my son.

I walked away from Natsu.

"Where are you going? Stop being a coward and fight me! Isn't this what you want?!" Natsu yelled.

"No. This is what you want. But you're just not ready yet." I said without turning around.

I took my cape with me.

"COME BACK HERE, GILDARTS!!" Natsu yelled.

"See you around."

I kept on walking till I heard yelling behind me. When I turned around, Natsu was inside a huge ball of fire and transformed into something unexpected.

"Dragon Force!" he shouted.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The fire immediately went away and I saw him. The scales on his face. Definitely. That's Igneel's son. I stared at Natsu's eyes noticing that he was looking at me in complete anger. He was raging in the inside and now it was about to be shown any second. But that's not what happened. Natsu looked down and chuckled a little bit.
"Just thinking about how to defeat you is funny cuz.... Every single way is easy." he said.
That got me curious.

Just how strong is he right now? He can't possibly be stronger than me, Gildarts.

In a split second, Natsu came running at me with a huge grin on his face which caught me off guard. I was wide open.

"FIRE DRAGON ROAR!"

His flames hit my body like I got an anchor thrown at me.

"FIRE DRAGON IRON FIST!"

Natsu punched me hard in the face and I was down on the ground unable to move. It all happened so fast. I saw Natsu standing next to me panting. His scales started fading away and he fell to the ground as well.

"I guess you win." I said.

"Yeah." Natsu said.

This was the day Natsu won the fight and defeated me. One I'll never forget