Last Words

That Missing Piece Of My Heart

Natsu's p.o.v

"Hey, Lucy! Don't pass out now! Lucy!!" I yelled.

"Just let her rest." Gray said.

"Shut up! She needs to stay awake! The doctors said--" Gray cut me off.

"I know what they said."

"Then why did you lie to Lucy?"

It took Gray a moment to answer.

"So she won't have to worry."

"Why do you care? You're not the one who wants to protect her." I shot.

I glared at Gray and waiting for his response.

He can't possibly have feelings for Lucy. There's no way.

Gray sighed and walked to the door.

"Hey! Answer me!" I yelled.

"Forget it. Anyways, shouldn't your focus be on Lisanna?" Gray asked then left the room.

What the hell is his problem? But he's right.. Lisanna made Lucy like this. What caused her to hurt Lucy like this?

I looked down at Lucy. She looked peaceful sleeping.

How pretty...

"I'll protect you! I'll never leave you out of my sight again! Lisanna will pay for what she did to you!" I shouted.

I stood up from the chair I was sitting in that was next to Lucy, and I felt something grab my wrist. When I looked down, Lucy was holding on to me.

"H-hey... Lucy. Are you ok?" I asked.

"I don't want to be here. I want to go home." she said.

I looked around to make sure there were no cameras, and there were none. Lucy let my wrist go and I picked her up princess style.

"Happy." I called.

"Aye!" he answered.

"Thanks for being quiet this whole time but now I need you to fly us to our house." I said.

"Aye sir!" he yelled.

Thankfully there was a window in the room. Happy flew us out of here and we arrived at the house in no time. I put Lucy down on my bed and she closed her eyes, smiling.

"Don't go to sleep... There's a big chance you can fall into a coma." I said.

Her eyes went wide open.

"Wait-- what?!" she sat up.

Happy and I stayed quiet.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?! I fell asleep before and you didn't say ANYTHING?! OW!" she screamed and threw her hands over her forehead.

"Lucy!" Happy yelled and flew on her lap.

There was suddenly silence and I heard a little bit of sniffling. I looked closer at Lucy.

She's crying!!

"Gray didn't want you to know so you didn't have to worry about a thing." I explained.

"I don't want to sleep forever!" she whined.

"I'll... Go get Wendy." Happy said and flew away.

"Good idea." I commented. "Lucy, I'll make sure nothing bad will ever happen to you."

"And are you... Going to remember to do that?" she sniffled.

"Definitely. It's a promise."

She wiped her eyes and smiled.

"Happy should be back soon. When Wendy comes.. I'm ganna go ahead and visit Lisanna." I told her.

"Oh... Beat her up for me." she muttered and turned away.

Before I could speak, Wendy, Carla, and Happy barged in screaming.

"Eh????" I blurted out.

Wendy quickly ran to Lucy and started her healing magic in no time. Then, it stopped.

"She she ok?" Happy asked.

"N-no! The injury in her head won't go away!" Wendy answered. "According to my healing magic, Lucy might be suffering from... From lack of blood. I guess she lost a lot of blood and I heard that people with magic has barley any matches with other people with the same blood type."

"WHAT?!" Lucy yelled and threw her hands on her forehead again grimacing in pain.

"Lucy!" I yelled.

Her hands slipped off her head and she passed out.

"Oi!! Lucy!!" I screamed.

"She needs to go to the hospital right now!!!" Wendy yelled.

Without thinking, I picked up Lucy and ran all the way to the hospital as fast as I can.

Don't die, Lucy!

When I reached there, I started asking everyone for help. The paramedics took Lucy away from me and immediately took her in a room. All I could do was wait.

----

An hour passed by and Wendy and Happy were sleeping on the chair. A doctor walked over to me.

"Are you Lucy Heartfilia's sibling?" he asked.

"Yes." I lied.

"She's awake right now but... I'm afraid she doesn't have much time to live." he said.

My heart dropped.

"What?" was all I could say.

"She lost a lot of blood which means that she's slowly dying. I don't even think that it's slowly." the doctor explained.

I walked passed the doctor with a huge frown and entered the room Lucy was in. Lucy opened her eyes and looked over to me.

"Natsu.. What's wrong?" she asked.

I stayed quiet for a moment.

"Lucy, you're dying." I spit out and my hands went in a fist.

"Huh? That can't be possible." she said with a nervous laugh.

"The doctor told me..." I said.

She stared at me and tears fell from her eyes.

"Do something!" she yelled.

I walked over to her and her a hug.

"I love you, Lucy." I told her.

"..... I love you too, Natsu. Tell the guild I had fun with them and I am happy that they all were part of my life. Here." she said and handed me her celestial keys.

"Give Master Makorav my keys and when a celestial wizard joins the guild, tell master to give it to that person." Lucy added.

"Lucy.. No." I murmured.

"Get stronger for me, Natsu." she said.

Then, everything from there went in slow motion. My eyes widened when I heard Lucy's heart monitor go 'BEEEEE--'.

"LUCY!! NO, LUCY!!" I screamed and screamed but she didn't wake up.

The doctors pulled me out of the room and closed the door. I couldn't do anything. I felt weak.

No way. No way. This can't be happening.

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥
Oh my. I almost cried writing this chapter... I wish I didn't make her die but... You guys voted on it.

There's only going to be two chapters left of this fan fiction. Stay tuned.
I'm still sad. ;(