Together

That Missing Piece Of My Heart

Lucy's p.o.v

I sat on the barstools by myself with Mira to accompany me. In the background you can hear Natsu and Gray going at each other and Happy cheering for Natsu. I couldn't help it but think about what happened last night between Natsu and I. Erza sat next to me noticing that something was bothering me.

"What's up with you?" she asked.

Mira also joined in the conversation.

"Yeah, what's wrong?"

"Well... Yesterday Natsu and I were going to go out on a job and he suddenly demanded me to stay away from Lisanna. Not only that, but last night he came with me in my apartment because it was raining and kissed me." I told them.

When I looked at their faces, they seemed shocked about it.

"Natsu kissed you?" Erza asked.

I nodded.

Mira had a huge smile on her face.

"He loves you for you. He probably said to stay away from Lisanna because it will mess up the fact that he loves you. He can end up liking both you and Lisanna and he doesn't want that to happen. It's only a hypothesis but it's possible." Mira explained.

"Loves me?" I mumbled to myself.

"Yesterday, Lisanna told me that she still had feelings for Natsu and wondered if you and him were together. I guess you can call it an almost." Erza mentioned.

I frowned at what Erza said.

Wouldn't that mean I'm in the way?

"Do you like Natsu, Lucy?" Mira asked.

I felt my face getting hotter and hotter.

"I-I-um, maybe, I don't know!" I stuttered.

I knew my face was probably red as Erza's hair by now.

"Lucy, don't deny it. It's ok for you to like someone." Mira commented.

"I like... Natsu." I slowly spit out.

Both Erza and Mira were smiling at me.

I felt happy that I've said those three words till I heard Happy behind me say three words also.

"She liiiiiiikeeesss youuuu."

I looked at Mira and she had a smile like she knew that Natsu and Happy were behind me the whole time. I turned around and saw Natsu staring at me with an 'i can't believe it' expression. Natsu ran towards me and gave me a big hug with a huge grin on his face. It was just a matter of seconds before everyone in the guild was staring at us.

"You're awesome Lucy!" he yelled then let go of me.

Happy and Natsu left the guild hall on a job together.
My eyes trailed over to Lisanna and she looked sad while looking at Natsu. I didn't realize I was staring till she saw me and shot a smile. I quickly turned around and chatted with Erza.

"I think there's a problem." I said.

"You bet. Lisanna likes Natsu too, so she's ganna try to find a way to put you to your knees. Don't let your guard down." she lectured then walked away.

"I think I'll chill for the rest of the day. I'm going home." I decided then left the guild hall.

Meanwhile...
Gray's p.o.v

"Salamander acts like he loves Lucy or something." Gajeel said.

"Tell me about it. Last night he told me he was with Lucy the whole day." I replied.

"That guy needs to be more specific whenever it comes to girls." He said.

"Yeah. When it comes to that topic he says something totally erted when he means something casual. It pisses me off." I complained.

"Give it some time. You might as well ask Lucy what happened anyways." Gajeel suggested.

I stayed quiet and looked at Lucy for a second while she was walking out.

Maybe he's right. There's no way Natsu would hug someone like that in public.

I got up and followed her out the guild hall.

"Wait up Lucy." I called out.

"Hmm?" she turned around.

"Can you tell me what happened between salamander and you yesterday?" I casually asked.

I noticed that she started blushing and she looked to the side.

"Yesterday it was raining, so we ended up going to my place and, uh, he told me he liked me." she said.

My eyes widened when I heard that. Natsu said that?!

"Is that it?" I sighed.

"Before he said that, we kissed." Lucy muttered but loud enough for me to hear.

I chuckled a little bit and gazed at the sky.

So Natsu got his first kiss already? Wow.

"Lucy, that was your first right?" I asked and looked down at her.

"Eh!? F-first what?" she stammered.

I sighed. "Nevermind."

She just looked at me curious eyes.

"See ya." I said and walked away.

It seemed strange that a childish guy like Natsu got his first kiss before me. He's growing up. Interesting.

Later that day...
Natsu's p.o.v

"Fire Dragon roar!"

Fire shot at a forest ape and it fell to the ground defeated.

"You did it Natsu!" Happy cheered.

"That was the last one! We took down 20!" I exclaimed.

"And the best thing is that you get 250,000j and I get free fish!" Happy yelled and shoved fish in his mouth.

An old man ran up to us and gave me the money.

"Thank you very much!" he said and bowed.

"No problem! Glad we can help!" I said to him.

He left without another word.

"So what are you going to do with the 250,000j?" Happy asked with his mouth full.

"Give it to Lucy. She needs it more than me."

"You loooooveee her." Happy teased.

"Lets go to her place now." I decided.

"Okay."

It took a 30 minute walk before we finally reached Lucy's apartment. I knocked on the door and Lucy opened it. She looked super surprised when she saw me.

"Natsu! Oh! Come in!" she said and quickly moved out the way so I can enter.

"Hi Lucy." Happy greeted and flew inside.

She closed the door and sat on her bed. I went and sat next to her.

"So what brings you here?" she asked.

"Happy and I were on a job and came here to give you something."

When I looked over to Happy, he was passed out on Lucy's table.

"And what is that?" she asked.

I took her hand and put 250,000j on it.

"Oh my gosh! Natsu! I can't take this." she refused.

"You need it to pay your rent. It's the least I can do." I said.

She smiled. "Thank you."

"Lucy?"

"Yeah?"

"Let's start dating!" I suggested.

"What?" Lucy scoffed.

"I wanna go out with you." I said.

I knew she was blushing because it was all in her face. I grinned at her.

"It'll be fun!" I enthused.

"Alright." she agreed.

It's super late. About 9:45. I think I'll crash here tonight.

I took off my scarf and shoes and laid down on the bed.

"Hey!" she yelled.

"Night Lucy." I yawned.

"Wow." she sarcastically said and turned off the lights.

"Good night." I said.

"Night."