F is for Family

MyungJong's Dictionary

Family

Noun

1. two or more persons who are related to each other by blood, marriage or adoption, and who live together.

 


 

Nam family: Appa = Woo Hyun, Umma = Sung Gyu, Sons =10-years-old Sung Yeol and 7-years-old Sung Jong

Lee family: Appa = Hoya, Umma = Dong Woo, Son = 8-year-old Myung Soo

I used the father’s [Woo Hyun and Hoya] surname for their families.

 

It was a typical morning for the Lee family.

“Myung Soo.” called Dong Woo as he shook his son. “Wake up.”

“hmm,” groaned MyungSoo then he turned away from his umma as he covered his face with his blanket. “Don’t wanna get up. Leave me alone.”

“Yah! Myung Soo!”Dong Woo cried, irritated by his son’s rebelliousness. “Get up from your bed right now!”

“I said,” started Myung Soo as he faced his mother. “I don’t want too.” He ended as he stuck his tongue out then went back under the covers.

“Aish! This brat,” muttered an irritated mother. Then he suddenly got an idea.

Dong Woo started walking towards the door making sure that Myung Soo heard his footsteps which his son did. Upon hearing his mother walk away Myung Soo peeked from under his blanket as he thought that ‘Umma doesn’t usually give up this fast.’

“I’ll just leave you to sleep then Myung Soo.” said Dong Woo as he made his way out of his room.

Was his hearing correct? Is his mother really going to leave him to let him peacefully sleep the whole day? Myung Soo was rejoicing inside as he thought that he finally won, but his inner rejoicing was cut short when his mother said something else.

“I’ll just tell Sung Jongie that you won’t be playing with him today and that he has to find someone else to play with.” as those words left his mother’s mouth Myung Soo frantically got out of bed then rushed into the bathroom to get ready for school. The last thing he heard before he closed the bathroom’s door was his mother’s distinct laughter across the hall way.

A few houses down the Lee’s home was the Nam family house.

“Sung Jong~” cooed Sung Gyu as he gently shook his son up. “Wake up Jongie.”

“hmmm,” groaned Sung Jong “5 more minutes umma.”

Sung Gyu just chuckled at his son’s cuteness. “If you don’t wake up now then your brother will eat all of your appa’s delicious pancakes.”

“Nooo!” cried Sung Jong as he sat up right then turned to his mama. “Yeolie-hyung already ate all the pancakes last time!”

“Then wash up now so that you could stop Sung Yeol from finishing the food.” said Sung Gyu.

As soon as Sung Jong finished washing himself and getting into his uniform he went straight into the kitchen so that he could eat breakfast.

“Good Morning!” cried Sung Jong happily as he made his way to his place on the table across from Sung Yeol.

“Morning Jongie.” replied his father, Woo Hyun, with a smile. “How many pancakes would you like?”

“2 please.” Sung Jong replied cutely then he turned to face Sung Yeol. “Yeolie-hyung, can you pass the syrup please?”

“I’ll be the one to put syrup on your pancake.” Sung Yeol said as he poured enough on Sung Jong’s food.

“Whyyy??” whined the younger brother.

“Because,” Sung Yeol started as he pinched Sung Jong’s cheeks. “The last time I let you pour syrup onto your pancake you used 1 bottle of syrup onto 1 pancake.”

“But it’s good~” said Sung Jong as he took another bite.

“Aish, Sung Jong,” cried his umma. “You’re getting syrup all over your face.”

As soon as they finished eating Sung Jong and Sung Yeol said their goodbye’s to their parents then made their way out the door where their neighbor and Sung Yeol’s best friend was waiting for them.

“L!” cried Sung Yeol as he made his way to his friend. “Were you waiting long?”

“Morning L-hyung.” said Sung Jong cutely.

“Nah,” replied L as they made their way to school. “And good morning to you too Jongie.” said L as he ruffled the younger’s hair.

The three of them then made their way to school together. L and Sung Yeol were chatting at the back while Sung Jong led the way. When they got nearer the school Sung Jong’s face suddenly lit up as he rushed to a boy that was standing at the school’s gate. In contrast to Sung Jong’s happiness to the boy, Sung Yeol’s face darkened at the sight.

“It’s that Myung Soo kid again.” Sung Yeol said glumly.

 “He seems like a nice kid.” said L. “I’ve talked to him once and he was very polite.”

“That’s just it L!” cried Sung Yeol. “That kids perfect! His polite, handsome and gets good grades!”

“What’s the problem with that?” asked his confused friend.

“What if Sung Jong likes him more than me??” whined Sung Yeol.

“That’s your problem?” chuckled L. Although Sung Yeol won’t admit it he had a bad case of brother complex. “I’m sure that won’t happen Sung Yeol. Come on, Sung Jong’s calling for us.” then L practically dragged his friend to Sung Jong and Myung Soo.

“What took you so long hyung?” asked Sung Jong.

“Your brother’s just being an idiot Jongie.” smiled L.

“Yeolie-hyung’s like that all the time.” laughed Sung Jong.

“Hey!” a teacher called out to them. “You kids better get to class soon!”

“Deh!” the four of them called back.

“Come on Jongie.” said Myung Soo as he took hold of the younger’s hand.

“Bye hyungs!” waved Sung Jong at his hyungs.

In Sung Jong and Myung Soo’s class their teacher was talking about families and what makes a family. This was a very basic lesson and Myung Soo knew about it already so he started to doodle at the back of his notebook. He got so immersed in his work that he didn’t notice that class was finally over and that it was time for lunch.

“Myung-myung~” called Sung Jong as he peeked at what Myung Soo was doing. “What are you drawing there?”

“Nothing!” exclaimed Myung Soo as he closed his notebook then hid it in his bag abruptly. He then pulled Sung Jong out of the clasroom onto the canteen. “Let’s eat Jongie!”

During lunch Sung Jong wouldn’t stop asking Myung Soo about his drawing that in the end Myung Soo reluctantly agreed.

“I’ll show it to you when school ends.” sighed Myung Soo as he watched Sung Jong do a victory dance.

As the day finally ended Sung jong instantly rushed to Myung Soo’s side asking for the other’s hidden drawing.

“Just don’t laugh.” said the older as he showed him his drawing.

It was a simple drawing with 4 people in it. 2 of the person’s in the drawing were holding hands while the other two were playing with a ball and a dog at the back ground. There was a house on the side and a bright yellow sun on top.

“Who are these people Myung-myung?” asked Sung Jong as they made their way out of the classroom.

“This one’s you Jongie,” replied Myung Soo as he pointed at one of the people. “And the one you’re holding hands with is me.”

“Then who are this two?” asked Sung Jong pointing at the ones who were playing with the ball and dog.

“Those are our kids.” said Myung Soo proudly “Gong Chan and Min Woo, and the dog’s name is Bbong Bbongie!”

“Is this gonna be our family Myung-myung??” asked Sung Jong cutely.

“Yup,” replied Myung Soo. “When we grow up I’m gonna ask you to marry me so that we could have a family and be happy forever!” exclaimed Myung Soo as he stretched his arms to emphasize the word forever.

“Yay!” cried Sung Jong happily as he hugged Myung Soo. “I get to be with you forever!”

“Of course you will!” said Myung Soo then they saw their dads waiting in their respected cars for them.

“See you tomorrow Myung-myung!” cried Sung Jong as he waved enthusiastically at the older boy. Myung Soo waved happily in return as he got into the car.

“Anything new happen today son?” asked Hoya.

 “Nothing really.” Myung Soo said then he showed his drawing to Hoya. “Look appa, this will be my future family with Sung Jong!”

“Two kids already Myung Soo.” Hoya laughed as he ruffled his sons hair. “Your umma would be so happy to have lots of grand children.”

Mean while in another car, Woo Hyun was driving home with his sons and L when Sung Jong suddenly spoke up.

“Neh appa!” said Sung Jong as he happily faced his father. “I already know what I’m gonna be when I grow up!”

“Oh?” smiled Woo Hyun at his son’s enthusiasm.  “What are you gonna be Jongie?”

“I’m gonna be Myung-myung’s wife!” exclaimed Sung jong happily.

“Good for you Sung Jong.” chuckled Woo Hyun.

“No Jongie!! You can’t be his wife!!” cried Sung Yeol exasperated, he then turned to look at L. “I told you that kid is out to replace me in Jongie’s life!!”

 “Don’t worry Yeolie-hyung.” smiled Sung Jong. “You’re still gonna be my beloved brother, Myung-myung’s just gonna be my husband, that’s all.”

 


 

This chapter is dedicated to my father who is now chilling with Jesus in heaven =) [save me a seat up there Dad!]

I'm actually sick right now ("-_-) everything tastes funny so I just stuff myself with fanfics XD

Comment please so that I'll get better soon =)) [whenever I read your comments I smile like an idiot because of happiness]

I don't know why I made Gong Chan and Min Woo to be their kids... XD

 

Special thanks to:

1995dark

WTBBtoday

mar1adyve5sa

LightSchwarz

wings_halo

InfiniteYunJaeLove

poptarts

cupcakemini5

K-Poop

BenjiKS

bohaemi

Thank you so much for your kind words =)