J is for Jonquil (2/3)

MyungJong's Dictionary

"I's" continuation...

 

Jonquil

Noun

1. a narcissus, Narcissus jonquilla,  having long, narrow, rushlike leaves and fragrant, yellow or white flowers.

2. Love Me; Affection returned; Desire; Sympathy

 


 

“Wake up hyung!” cried Sung Jong while shaking his impossible to wake hyung. “We’re gonna be late if you keep sleeping like this!”

“5 more minutes Jongie.” Myung Soo mumbled with eyes still closed.

It’s been 7 months since they first encountered at the restaurant and they’ve become really close. They even gave each other a copy of their keys. Although the reason they gave each other house keys was not because they were close at first, but because of Myung Soo’s inability to wake up on his own.

 

Flashback

Sung Jong woke up very irritated this morning. It was because he did not wake up through his alarm clock but instead he woke up to another’s, Myung Soo’s to be exact. When Sung Jong got out of his apartment it seemed that he wasn’t the only one who’s sleep was disturbed by his neighbors alarm clock.

“Sung Jong-sshi.” said the kind old lady who lived 2 doors down him. “The young lad living here is your friend right?”

“We’re not exactly friends yet halmeoni.” Sung Jong replied curtly. “I just met him yesterday.”

“You’re closer to him than any of us Jongie!” cried a middle aged man, who was also the landlord of the place, then he handed Sung Jong a key. “Here’s a key to his apartment, could you please wake him up?”

“But I…” started Sung Jong, he didn’t want to trespass into the property of someone he barely knew but his neighbor’s pleading looks made him keep his mouth shut and go into Myung Soo’s apartment.

Because their apartments are structurally similar Sung Jong immediately knew where the bedroom was. Once he opened the door to the bedroom he was utterly shocked with the scene in front of him. Myung Soo was sleeping peacefully on his bed while three alarm clocks where ringing near him.

“How could he sleep like this?!?” asked the brunette to no one in particular. He then proceeded to the elder’s bed and immediately shut of the clocks. After shutting of all three clocks he gently shook the other room’s occupant.

“Hyung~” cooed Sung Jong. “Wake up hyung~” Myung Soo didn’t move a muscle he just continued to snore. Sung Jong then shook the other roughly while screaming to his ear “Wake up Myung Soo-hyung!!”

Before Sung Jong’s voice could get hoarse Myung Soo finally woke up.

“What are you doing here Sung Jongie?” mumbled Myung Soo who was still half asleep.

“Waking you up.” stated Sung Jong.

“How’d you get in?” asked Myung Soo as he sat up. “I was sure that I locked the door last night.”

“Land lord-nim gave me a key.” replied the younger. “Your alarm clocks were waking the neighbors.”

“Wae?!?” exclaimed Myung Soo. “They rang already!”

“Yes they did hyung!” cried Sung Jong.

“Maybe I should add another alarm clock.” Myung Soo mused.

“No!!” exclaimed Sung Jong. “Our neighbors would kill you for sure!”

“But I’m all alone in this house,” started the handsome boy. “I’m used to being shaken up, and since no one would wake me up I decided to use alarm clocks. But I guess their useless…”

“Then I’ll wake you up!” cried Sung Jong not really thinking about what he was saying, the fear that his hyung would by more alarm clocks took over him. “As long as you promise to me to never use another alarm clock! EVER! And throw away these ones!”

“But how are you gonna wake me Jongie?” asked Myung Soo, quiet amused by the others hysterical outburst.

“I’ll keep this key.” Sung Jong said showing him the spare key that the land lord gave him.

“I’ll be looking forward to your wakeup call then Jongie.” Myung Soo said with his eye-smile.

After apologizing to their neighbors Myung Soo got ready for his first day of school then he and Sung Jong commuted to Woolim University together.

Myung Soo instantly clicked with Sung Jong’s friends adding another addition to their little group. After 3 months of getting to know each other Sung Jong finally gave Myung Soo a copy of the key to his apartment after Myung Soo pestered him saying that it was only fair.

End of Flashback

 

“Why is it so hard to wake you up hyung!” cried Sung Jong as he roughly shook Myung Soo. He was gonna scream into the others ear again but his voice was cut off when Myung Soo suddenly grabbed him then pulled him into the bed before nuzzling into the youngers neck.

“Let’s sleep a little more Jongie.” breathed Myung Soo onto the crook of Sung Jong’s neck. It instantly sent chills down Sung Jong’s spine and his heart rate just went overdrive.

“We can’t sleep more hyung!” exclaimed Sung Jong who was having difficulty breathing as the blood went to his head. “We’re gonna be late!”

“You’re no fun Sung Jong.” said Myung Soo as he stared into the others eyes. “But you’re so cute when you turn red.” ended Myung Soo as he kissed the other on the forehead before heading into the bathroom.

Sung Jong just lay there while his face was still burning hot. It’s already more than hal a year since they met and became friends but Sung Jong just couldn’t get used to being all skinshippy with Myung Soo. His other hyungs were skinshippy to him as well but they don’t have the same effect as Myung Soo.

‘The more time I spend with Myung Soo-hyung, the weirder I get.’ concluded Sung Jong in his thoughts as he decided to wait for Myung Soo outside.

When the two of them finally got to school the first people they saw were Dong Woo and Hoya.

“Dong Woo-hyung!” cried Sung Jong as he ran up to glomp the elder. “Happy Birthday hyung!”

“Thank you Jongie!” replied the birthday boy as he ruffled the younger’s hair. “You’re coming tonight right??”

“Of course I would!” replied Sung Jong happily.

“How about you Myung Soo?” asked Dong Woo.

“Sung Jong’s gonna be my date tonight.” replied the younger casually as he smiled at Sung Jong’s bright red face who finally let go of Dong Woo.

“Aigoo Jongie~” teased Hoya as he wrapped his arms around Dong Woo’s waist in a back hug style. “You didn’t tell us that you ang Myung are already dating.”

“We’re not!” cried Sung Jong who was getting redder, if that was even possible.

“Sure sure Sung Jong.” Dong Woo said in a teasing manner. “Just be on time alright!”

“Speaking of time,” started Hoya. “Me ang Sung Jong are gonna be late for our first class.” he then kissed Dong Woo on the cheek then Hoya and Sung Jong went to their first class together.

When they were out of earshot Hoya then pulled Sung Jong into a stop as he took out a small box from his bag.

“Do you think hyung would like my gift?” Hoya asked the younger as he showed him the box.

“Oh my gosh hyung!” exclaimed Sung Jong. “You’re too young to get married!”

“It’s not a ring Sung Jong.” laughed the elder as he opened the box revealing a necklace that had an infinity symbol on it.

“It’s beautiful hyung!” awed Sung Jong.

“Do you think he’ll like it?”

“Of course he will.” Sung Jong replied while giving the other a reassuring smile. “Hyung would love anything you give.”

“Thank you Jongie,” smiled Hoya. “And would you come to me to the flower shop later? I’m gonna buy him some flowers.”

“Sheesh hyung,” laughed Sung Jong. “You’re gonna make him feel like a girl. But I’d love to go with you”

“Thank Sung Jongie!” cried Hoya as he hugged the younger. “And about the marriage thing,” started Hoya who was smiling sheepishly. “You don’t have to worry, cause I’m planning to propose a year after graduation.”

After school, Dong Woo still had dance classes and Myung Soo was at the mall with Sung Yeol and Sung Gyu, since the choding forgot to buy a gift for his hyung. Hoya and Sung Jong immediately went to the local flower shop called ‘Inspirit Flowers’.

The little shop was filled with rows and buckets of different kind of flowers making Hoya have a hard time in picking. Luckily a girl who looked their age approached them with a charming smile on her face.

“Would you like me to help you sir?” asked the girl kindly.

“Oh yes,” replied Hoya glad that help has come their way. “I’d like to give my lover flowers for his birthday but I don’t know what to pick.”

“Then maybe you should look at their meaning sir.”

“Flowers have meanings?” said Hoya a bit shocked which made the lady giggle in amusement.

“Sorry about my hyung,” interjected Sung Jong. “He only has dancing and Dong Woo-hyung in his mind in his mind.”

“It’s quiet alright,” she smiled gently. “May I suggest tulips for your loved one?”

“Why tulips?” asked Hoya.

“Tulips have many colors and different meanings with them,” started the girl. “Variegated tulips mean ‘you have beautiful eyes’, yellow tulips mean ‘there's sunshine in your smile’, cream colored tulips mean ‘I will love you forever’. We have lots more in our garden at the back.”

“I’ll take those that you explained,” Hoya said happily. “They describe Dong Woo-hyung perfectly.”

“I’m glad then,” smiled the girl. “You could just pick those that you like then take them to the counter so that they could wrap it for you.”

Hoya picked one of each tulip that the girl described then proceeded to the counter leaving Sung Jong and the girl behind. Sung Jong was really amazed that one kind of flower could have so many meanings based on their color, he then started to look around when a yellow and white flower caught his eye.

“The Jonquil.” said the girl as she picked one of the flowers that Sung Jong was looking at. “It says ‘love me’ or ‘affection returned’. Do you have someone in mind to give these flowers to?”

Sung Jong kept silent. Honestly when he saw the flower he thought of Myung Soo. He didn’t know why though, but as he heard the flowers meaning it became clear to him. The flower says ‘love me’. Is that what he wants to say to Myung Soo?

“I’m not really sure yet.” Sung Jong answered honestly.

“Then how about I give this to you,” said the girl handing him the Jonquil. “So that if you do get sure you’d be ready with a flower.”

“Thank you.” smiled Sung Jong as he sniffed the flower in his hand.

That night, his hyungs birthday was celebrated in the place where he first met Myung Soo. It was one of Sung Jong’s favorite restaurants because he and his friends frequently eat there and it was the place he met Myung Soo.

“Happy birthday Dong Woo-hyung!!” they all cried in unison.

“Thanks you guys.” Dong Woo replied happily while giving them his award winning smile.

 “Open your gifts hyung!”

Sung Yeol gave him a banana pillow, saying that it was an apology for the banana prank he pulled. Sung Gyu and Woo Hyun gave him Tablo and Jang Woo-Hyuk’s new album so that he could dance all he wants to them. Sung Jong gave him a pack of composition notebooks saying that it would help him organize that messy bag of his filled with the lyrics he writes on scratch paper. Finally it was Hoya’s turn to give his present.

“Happy birthday yeobo.” smiled Hoya as he personally wore the necklace around Dong Woo’s neck then gave him the flowers. “The flowers represent you.”

“It’s beautiful Hoya,” said Dong Woo as he touched the necklace then kissed his lover on the lips. “But how could the flowers represent me?”

“Variegated tulips mean ‘you have charming eyes’, yellow tulips says ‘there’s sunshine in your smile’,” said Hoya making Dong Woo blush. “Cream tulips mean that I will love you forever.”

At the last sentence Dong Woo hugged his lover while kissing him on the lips.

“Why can’t you be as affectionate as Hoya-hyung L?” Sung Yeol asked to his lover.

“Sorry yeobo,” replied L as he pinched the others cheek then kissed him on the same spot. “But at least I’d love you forever just like Hoya-hyung.”

“They’re so sweet, aren’t they hyung?” said Woo Hyun who scooted closer to Sung Gyu.

“Yup.” smiled Sung Gyu who was clearly happy for his dongsaengs.

“But they’re not as sweet as us right?” said Woo Hyun a bit proudly and Sung Gyu just laughed at him while resting his head on his lovers shoulder.

“Yup.” smiled Sung Gyu who was clearly happy to be with Woo Hyun.

“Neh hyung?” Sung Jong suddenly whispered to Myung Soo’s ear making the other’s heart beat faster at the sudden contact. “It’s getting late so could we go home now?”

“But shouldn’t we say goodbye first?”

“And ruin this moment for all of them?” laughed Sung Jong. “Come on, they’ll understand.”

“Okay then.” said Myung Soo as he and Sung Jong went out of the restaurant.

 


I made a sequel to "I" =) and it will continue up to "K" =D

This chapter kinda turned out to be a YaDong one kekeke~ but I kinda let that happen because today is a special day \(^o^)/

 

Today is Dong Woo-oppa's birthday!!

I hope this little greeting makes you smile just like how your charming personality and infectious laugh make us smile =D

SARANGHAEYO DONG  WOO-OPPA!!

- from Wooniques and Inspirits

 

The next chapter will have more MyungJong =))

 

SilverSea_SpiritStar: I'm glad you and Mr. teddy liked it =) and WooGyu is just sooo adorable ^^

wings_halo: LOL XD Myung Soo's hotness and awesomeness could not be contained in 1 body so I had to make it 2 XDD

mar1adyve5sa: I bet all of us are fated for someone ^^ I'm also waiting for mine =))

K-Poop: IKR X)) it's just so funny BUT could be so real XDD

InfiniteYunJaeLove: It will not only get a sequel but it would be a trilogy =D i'll be expecting you in my next story =))

cupcakemini5: I enjoy dissing Woo Hyunnie a LOT X))

inspirit_shawol: I might publish the forward of my MyungJong chaptered fic around next week =D

allyteoh77: here's the continuation to "I" but it's still not finish so just wait a while for "K" ^^

EoliDociak: Thank you so much ^^

 

As a special treat for today here's Dong Woo-oppa's BUNNY AEGYO!!! [I blame Woo Hyun-oppa XD]

Comment and Subscribe ^^