X is for X-ray

MyungJong's Dictionary

X-ray

 

Noun

 

1. a device that can penetrate solid objects, and their most common use is to take images of the inside of objects.

 


 

Kim Myungsoo has to be one of the most complex human beings Lee Sungjong has ever known. He’s quiet but says the most weirdest things. He’s the most handsome but doesn’t really flaunt it. He has the most fans but does the least fanservice. He has great acting skills but says they aren’t enough. He has an amazing voice but is happy with the small lines he’s given. He could read everyone like an open book after spending a few days with them but couldn’t see through Sungjong’s hidden feelings even after spending more than 5 years with him.

Sungjong sighs as he thinks he’s problem through. He knows he’s being so obvious with his feelings for Myungsoo but why won’t the other see it? His other hyungs have already noticed and even about it in front of Myungsoo as a form of help but the visual just brushes it aside as a joke or something. How could someone be so observant on everything and be so blind in one thing? Why couldn’t Myungsoo see through him like how he sees through everything else?

You might be asking by now why doesn’t he just tell Myungsoo directly how he feels instead of leaving obvious hints – which apparently is not obvious enough. Well the answer to that is simple, Lee Sungjong is afraid to get hurt. Call him a coward if you will but he’s already experienced the hurt you receive after getting rejected by the one you love and he’s already experienced the awkwardness between the two people that follows. He doesn’t want that to happen again, especially not with Myungsoo.

And so now we see Sungjong at another one of his attempts to make Myungsoo notice his feelings for him. They just finished filming for their parody of Shut Up Flower Boy Band and while the other hyungs went to their own schedules the two maknaes have finished theirs for the day.

“Hyung~” Sungjong’s sing song voice called as he suddenly jumped on his hyung. “You’re done with your schedule for today right?”

“Yup,” Myungsoo smiled.

“Then won’t you join me to eat outside?”

“Sure,” the visual replied. “I am starving right now.”

“Then it’s a date between us hyung,” Sungjong implied.

“Sure sure dongsaengie,” Myungsoo replied as he turned to get his bag.

“Dongsaengie,” Sungjong sighed. Get Myungsoo to notice my feelings attempt 1824: Failed.

 

The two of them were now in a local ramen shop at their district enjoying each other’s company.

“But my favorite part has to be how I bossed the three of you around,” Sungjong smiled as they talked about their Flower Boy Band parody. “It feels so good to scold you guys like that.”

“So you like disrespecting your hyungs huh,” Myungsoo smirked as he suddenly tickled the other in the side of his tummy. “Our maknae’s getting bad.”

“Stop it hyung!” laughed Sungjong.

“Arasso arasso,” Myungsoo said with a smile as he retracted his hands. He then noticed something fall out of the other’s pants pocket and bent over to pick it up, it was a lollipop. “You still have one of these?”

“Me and Gyu-hyung kept a few in our pocket for that lollipop scene just in case we finished it during takes,” Sungjong explained.

“Ah,” Myungsoo said. “The shared lollipop scene.”

“Yeah,” Sungjong replied as he suddenly got an idea. “So what did you think about it hyung? I think the GyuJong fans will increase after they watch it.”

“They will,” Myungsoo replied with an unreadable expression.

‘Is hyung jealous??’ the maknae hopes but is easily shattered by the other’s response.

“I guess I found it weird at first, sharing a lollipop and all,” Myungsoo started. “I’ve only done that with my brother but I guess that just shows how muck like a family we are.”

“Yeah,” Sungjong said a bit crest fallen. “Just like a family.”

“Is something the matter Jongie?”

“No no. Nothing’s the matter,” the younger laughed nervously. Get Myungsoo to notice my feelings attempt 1825: Failed.

 

The two of them could now be seen walking through the park making small talk and Sungjong doing skinship that looks and feels natural to both of them.

“How come you’ve never told us this before?” Sungjong laughed as he slung an arm around Myungsoo’s neck naturally.

“How can I tell you guys that my brother used to hide my clothes after we took a bath together so I had to run around the house trying to find it!” Myungsoo cried as his cheeks turned red from embarrassment.

“Oh hyung,” Sungjong said as he patted the other on the chest. “Your stories never fail to amuse me.”

 “Well at least I made you laugh with that embarrassing moment of my life,” Myungsoo smiled at the younger making the latter’s heart beat twice as fast.

“You’re getting really cheesy hyung,” Sungjong laughed as he stuck his tongue out.

Suddenly a random fan approaches them and asks for their autograph. She then takes out her phone and asks for a picture, when they asked with who she shook her head and answered:

“Ani oppa,” the girl said. “I’d like to take a picture of the two of you together.”

“Okay then,” Sungjong said as he posed the traditional peace posed but Myungsoo suddenly nudged him on the side then showed him a half heart with his hands.

“It can only be complete if you provided the other half you know,” Myungsoo said with a smile.

Sungjong’s cheeks instantly turned beet red as he completed Myungsoo’s heart, the fangirl squealed a little as she took the picture she then thanked them and was about to go if not saying a few words more.

“Neh oppa,” the girl started catching their attention. “I really hope that your relationship can level up more.”

With that said she left the two of them to think about her vague words but Sungjong decided to use it to his advantage.

“So hyung,” Sungjong started rehearsing his words in his head so that it won’t sound awkward. “She told us to level up our relationship.”

“I know right,” Myungsoo suddenly said. “We’re already great friends so I don’t see how we can level up. Our friendship is already the best.”

“Yeah,” Sungjong said as he forced a smile. “It is. It’s getting late hyung we should probably head home.”

The two of them then went back to their dorm with Sungjong walking just a few steps ahead of Myungsoo so that the other won’t notice his frustrations towards him. Get Myungsoo to notice my feelings attempt 1826: Failed.

 

Once they entered the dorm Sungjong instantly went into his shared room startling Hoya a bit.

“Had a fun date?” Hoya asked.

“I would say yes if he would consider it as a date,” Sungjong replied as he hugged his giant white teddy.

“Myungsoo’s still as dense as ever?” Hoya asked although he already knew the answer.

“I just can’t see how he can’t see right through my acts!” Sungjong cried as he squeezed the teddy bear, the poor thing would have been dead by now if it was alive.

“Be patient Jong,” Hoya advised. “He’ll come through. One day.”

“Aish,” Sungjong sighed as he flopped down on his bed.

Hoya looked at his tired and frustrated dongsaeng and though that he should probably help him, even if it’s just giving Myungsoo more hints. He then went out of the room just to find the visual standing right outside of HoJong’s shared room.

“Myung!” Hoya cried. “I was just gonna look for you, what are you doing out here?”

“I heard you ask Sungjong about our so called date,” Myungsoo started. “And I wanted to hear how he would respond.”

“So you heard what we were talking about?” Hoya asked as he realized that his task just got easier.

“What does he mean by the acts that I can’t see through?”

“You seriously don’t notice?” Hoya asked a bit dumbfounded. How dense can a guy be? “You don’t notice that Sungjong practically always sticks by you so that you’ll have more time together? How he does skinship with you the most? How he turns red every time you smile at him or pretends to kiss him for fanservice?”

“No,” Myungsoo admitted. “I guess I get to hooked up on covering my actions in front of him to notice.”

“What actions?”

“Actions like when I always stay behind just to wait for him, how I pretend to kiss him so that when it does happen it won’t look awkward and look just like fanservices, how he’s the one who makes me smile which is why it’s always directed at him,” Myungsoo said all in one go.

“Woah Myung, slow down,” Hoya said because in all honesty none of them has noticed this. Is this the power of his acting skills? “So this means you like him too right?”

“Too?” Myungsoo asked a bit shocked.

“Yes, too,” smiled Hoya. “Now get in there and fix this problem of yours yourselves.”

 

Myungsoo slowly went into HoJong’s room and he could see Sungjong’s figure on the bed, still hugging his giant white teddy.

“Jongie?” Myungsoo started. “You awake?”

“Like I could sleep from all the thoughts in my mind,” the younger said as he sat up right and faced the intruder.

“Thoughts of what?” the elder said as he sat beside him on the bed. “Me?”

“Wha-” Sungjong started as he stared wide eyed at his hyung. Is this it? Is this the day that Myungsoo has finally seen through Sungjong’s actions and into the inner beings of his heart? He’s always wanted this day to come but now that it’s here he just wants to shut the other up for he’s to scared to hear he’s response.

“I’m sorry,” Myungsoo started.

, Sungjong thought as he buried his head into his teddy. He knew he was gonna get rejected! How can he face his hyung through their everyday live now? He gathered up his courage and held back his tears so that he could give decent response to his hyung now.

“Ani hyung,” Sungjong said. “I should be the one who’s sorry, let’s just forget about this whole thing okay?”

“Why?” Myungsoo suddenly exclaimed. “I mean, don’t you like me too?”

“Too?” the maknae asked in complete astonishment.

“Yeah too,” Myungsoo said sternly. “Meaning I like you and you like me.”

“But you were saying sorry,” Sungjong said. “I thought you were rejecting me!”

“I’m not rejecting you Sungjongie,” smiled Myungsoo as he cupped the younger’s face. “I accept your feelings fully well as long as you accept mine too.”

“Pabo hyung!” Sungjong cried as he hit his teddy bear friend. “Then why did you say sorry? Do you know how heartbroken I felt in those few second!”

“Mianhae Jongie,” smiled Myungsoo as took the bear away then back hugged the younger. “But I was saying sorry for being a dense.”

“You mean a genuinely dense idiot,” Sungjong pouted as he felt the other intertwine their fingers.

“At least I’m your genuinely dense idiot,” Myungsoo smiled. “I still can’t believe that I didn’t see through your actions though. Maybe I was too busy hearing my heart beat every time you do something.”

“Cheezy hyung,” Sungjong laughed as he pecked the elder’s cheeks.

Get Myungsoo to notice my feelings attempt 1827: Success.

 


 

So yeah... the evil letter is done and I don't really know if I got the whole X-ray concept right...

for those who didn't get me here's a little explanation: X-rays pass through the exterior to see the interior right? they see right through you and Myungsoo just couldn't do that in this chappie... does that make sense?

 

Spazzing Time: INFINITE's Encore concert [this is where I saw the fancams click the note!]

Sunggyu: is there anything that you can't do?? you played the guitar on the previous concert and now you played the piano for your new song Controlling Tears AND rapped for Myung's solo stage?? [praises you non-stop]

Dongwoo: OHMAIGAD Dongwoo!!! You just sang one of my top 3 INFINITE songs!! I already loved Because but now I am loving it even more ^^ you should definitely sing more!! [but don't rap less!!]

Woohyun: NAMU!!! your cheezy and adorable stage suits you so well ^^ it just screams NamGrease all over~ [NOT loving your hair though -.-]

Hoya: good god Hoya!! I was not ready for that!! seriously!! I closed the video when it came to the hip s on the floor thing cause I'm afraid my mom will think I'm watching or something o_O [but it just proves your iness XD]

Sungyeol: you just sang y Back!! and yes you are y ^^ but personally i like Yeol's rapping more than singing... [loving your hair though ^^]

Myungsoo: YES!! I will marry you!! the way he said that part was just so adorable ="> [the fan who got the flower is seriously lucky >_<]

Sungjong: WHAT THE HELL DID THEY MAKE YOU WEAR?!?!? I was expecting a more manly stagr from you after all those manly teasers you showed us... [and why do you have such gorgeous legs?!?]

SUFBB Parody: GYUJONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jongie was all touchy with the leader and that lollipop scene was just absolutely daebak!!!! I love the maknae on top part the most though ^^ they all looked so frightened of him LOL [it was like it was just yesterday I was spazzing all over yeolJong and now I'm spazzing all over GyuJong ^^ Woolim really like to ship maknae with all his hyungs LOL]

 

to almost all of you: I don't know why the person who assigned the reincarnation process didn't make Jongie a girl =P maybe he thought that Myung will have more competition cause he'll be one of the most prettiest girls on earth XD

toshiba19: BAP as angels would be cool ^^ and that epilogue was kind of last minute because I also thought that people will think at what will happen to them cause Myung will die eventually =)

K-Poop: I took your advice for X =DD

LeeTacyeon: I will ^^ cause I also really like that pairing =) all their skinship moments are getting to me =">

inspirit_shawol: Y will have two versions so now it's 3 more chapters to go~

SilverSea_SpiritStar: BangHim I will surely doo ^^ but I'm not yet sure about that DaeJae one... I kinda like DaeUp more but if a plot that suits DaeJae come then I'll surely write it ^^

mar1adyve5sa: honestly the groups that are coming out this 2012 are quiet good ^^ but top 3 for me are Nu'Est, B.A.P & BToB =))

LightSchwarz: X, Y & Z are hard letters =P I don't even know if I got this X one right...

wings_halo: I have missed you too dongsaengie (>^_^)><(^_^<) but I don't think I can make W into a full story cause it kinda already is and I don't know how to make it longer... and of course I'll never stop writing LOL so you better not stop too!! update your fics when you get time arasso?

 

Y will have 2 versions!! but to make that happen I need you guys to answer a simple question ^^