A is for Air

MyungJong's Dictionary

Air

Noun

1.  a mixture of nitrogen, oxygen, and minute amounts of other gases that surrounds the earth and forms its atmosphere.

2. a necessary element for everyday living


 

Science was never really Sung Jong’s favorite subject. It’s not that he was bad at it, it’s just that he didn’t really see the meaning of learning it. It’s not like whenever he rides a car he needs to know the velocity and speed of when to turn left or right. Besides, all the dudes he was studying about were already 6-feet-under so what was the point in studying them.

This time’s topic was no exception. The atmosphere. Sung Jong was supposed to write a two paged handwritten essay about the atmosphere.

‘Its air for goodness sake.’ thought the maknae.‘What am I going to write about for two pages long about air!’ and with those thoughts Sung Jong’s face fell on the table with a ‘thud’ earning him a glance from the other occupant in the room.

“Something wrong Jongie?” asked Myung Soo from behind him. He was lying on Hoya’s bed reading a magazine while waiting for Woo Hyun to finish cooking dinner.

“Nothing hyung.” came Sung Jong’s muffled reply not bothering to lift his head and look at Myung Soo.

Myung Soo smiled at the other’s behavior then made his way to the younger’s desk peeking at what the maknae could be distressed about. “Science homework?” voiced out Myung Soo “It shouldn’t be that hard Sung Jong.”

“Says you,” retorted Sung Jong finally lifting his head to face the elder. “You don’t have to hand write a two page long essay about the atmosphere.”

“You’ve written longer things with your Literature home works.” replied Myung Soo.

“But I liked writing about those books hyung.” whined Sung Jong. “They were interesting, unlike Science. I’ve already written the basics, their chemical compounds and all, but I still have half of another page to go!” and with that said Sung Jong returned to his previous face-on-the-table position with another ‘thud’.

“Yah! Lee Sung Jong!” cried the Infinite’s visual. “You’re gonna lose lots of brain cells if you keep hitting your head like that!”

“Then help me hyung!” exclaimed the maknae as his head shot up then turned to face Myung Soo. “What else should I write???” Sung Jong ended with a pout.

“Well…” started Myung Soo. He didn’t really like studying so he didn’t know what to suggest. ‘When you say atmosphere the first thing that comes to my mind is air.’ thought Myung Soo. ‘What can you write about the air? Besides it being a compound of gases and being important.’ but his thoughts got interrupted when a petite hand waved in front of his face.

“Hellooo??” Sung Jong said in a sing song voice while waving a hand in front of Myung Soo’s handsome face, he stopped when Myung Soo looked at him with a small smile on his lips. “Myung Soo-hyung??”

“You’ve written the scientific parts right Jongie?” asked Myung Soo as he sat on the bed beside Sung Jong’s desk. “Then why don’t you write about the realistic stuff?”

“Huh?” asked Sung Jong as he tilted his head to the side confusedly cute “Isn’t being scientific being realistic?”

“It depends on how you view it.”

“You’re confusing hyung. You’re harder to understand than my homework.” said Sung Jong exasperated, but he made his way to his hyung’s side and sat by him. “How do you view it hyung?”

“Scientifically, air is a mixture of Oxygen, Nitrogen and other gases.” explained Myung Soo as the other nodded in response.  “Realistically, air is you, Lee Sung Jong.” ended Myung Soo with a smile but Sung Jong just looked confused so the older went on with his explanation.  “Air is necessary for living, you’re necessary in my life. Air is all around us, wherever I go there’s always something that reminds me of you. Air dries your tears whenever they fall, you get rid of my sadness with just one smile.”  and with those words from Myung Soo’s mouth Sung Jong turned strawberry red and was utterly speechless.

Seeing Sung Jong all flustered like that because of him always made Myung Soo happy, and because it made him happy he decided to make the younger one’s heart beat even faster. He leaned forward and pecked Sung Jong lightly on the lips and just as Myung Soo suspected the other turned even redder and just stared at him in response. “I’ll take that as a thank you for helping you with your homework.”

Sung Jong was about to say something but suddenly the door swung open and then they can see Woo Hyun’s face peeking in. “Food’s ready.” he announced, then he stared at Sung Jong with worry on his face as he came into the room. “Omo~ Sung Jongie, you’re as red as the kimchi stew I made.” cried Woo Hyun as he placed a hand on Sung Jong’s forehead.

“He’s alright hyung.” piped in Myung Soo, reassuring his mother-like hyung. “He just need a little air, that’s all.”

 


First letter is done =)

I know it's not good >.< but please do comment for they are much loved XD