Cereal and Aspirin

Our Little Secret

The next morning, Luna and the others were all exhausted from their previous night out. She was seated in the kitchen eating cereal next to Krystal who was engrossed by whatever was on her phone. Victoria was busy peeling fruit. Luna’s phone lit up beside her with the “New Message” icon popping up on the screen. She quickly unlocked her phone with one hand while she continued to eat with the other.

 

Onew: Rough morning?

 

She rolled her eyes. It was so typical of him to text her like that after what happened the night before.

 

Luna: Well, what else would you expect after such a rough night?

 

Onew: Oh yes, well, I thought you wanted it to be rough, didn’t you?

 

She laughed out loud at that, nearly choking on her breakfast, before glancing around at the others To her luck, they didn’t notice.

 

Luna: Oh shut up.

 

Onew: Fine, fine. Anyways, I was just curious about the others. You’re sure only Victoria noticed we were gone? I know none of the guys did.

 

As soon as she read the text, Krystal happened to look up from her phone and turn to her. “Hey Unni, what happened to you last night? Why did you leave so early? Were you sick?”

 

Luna’s eyes darted to the side for a brief moment and made eye contact with Victoria who was opening the fridge door, a grin on her face.

 

“Oh, last night? I was just really tired, so I went home early…”

 

“Oh yeah, Luna, you did seem a bit strange last night.,” Victoria added as she poured a glass of juice, “I hope you were able to sleep it off, whatever it was that had gotten into you.”

 

She nearly jumped at that.

 

“Oh, I did,” Luna flashed her a fake smile. Thankfully, Krystal dropped the subject and Luna merely glared back at Victoria who was biting back laughter before returning to her phone.

 

Luna: Krystal noticed, but she doesn't think anything of it, so I think we're okay. Also, just remind me to kill Victoria later, ok?

 

Onew: Ok. Just make sure to not get caught, alright? That's the last thing we need.


A Few Days Later

 

Luna rolled around in bed, trying to stuff her head further into her pillow as she groaned in pain.

 

“Unni, the countryside is really pretty and I really wanted to have a nice day with everyone,” Sulli whined at her bedside, “Are you sure you can’t just pop a few aspirins and come with us?

 

“Sulli, I already told you I’ve already taken aspirin and these cramps are still killing me! Just go without me and I’ll make it up to you somehow, okay?”

 

Eventually, the younger girl relented and she and the other members of f(x) exited the apartment for their day out.

 

“Feel better, Luna!” Amber had called out just before they left.

 

More than an hour had passed and Luna was still in bed, the pain having subsided a little, though she was still grateful that she stayed home. To her annoyance, the doorbell rang. Just as she decided to ignore it, it rang again. Then a few times more. Reluctantly, she got up. A quick glance in the mirror at her ponytail, tank top, and sweats showed her she looked like a mess, but went to check on the door like that anyway.

 

Rising on her tiptoes, she peered through the peephole and saw a hooded figure. Confused, she decided to not open the door until the person knocked again and she heard, “Psst! Luna, it’s me! Open the door!”

 

Recognizing the voice, she quickly undid the lock and opened it.

 

“Onew?”

 

He pushed through the door and shut it quickly before anyone could see him. The bags in his hand rustled loudly as they moved. He removed his hood and ran a hand through his hair.

 

“Hey, sweetheart,” he said before he bent down and gave her a quick kiss, “Sorry I made you get up and open the door like that.”

 

“What are you doing here?” Luna asked quickly, staring at him and his bags in confusion.

 

“Well, when I heard that you had to miss your day out with the girls, I just felt really bad, because you were in pain and all. So I thought I'd come here and take care of you...” he trailed off,  “Do you want me to go, though? Because I can leave, if you want. So you can be alone, if that’s what you prefer, or something…” He was looking down at his shoes, now regretting his impulsive actions.

 

“You came here to take care of me?” she said softly, a few tears collecting in her eyes at his sweetness, though also thanks to her hormones. The tone of her voice caused him to look up and meet her eyes.

 

“Well, yeah, I did.”

 

She moved forward and grasped him tightly in a hug, her arms wrapping around him through his open hoodie with her head pressed firmly against his chest.

 

“Thank you, Oppa,” she muttered, “That’s just the sweetest thing anyone’s ever done for me.”

 

Smiling, he kissed the top of her head, one of his arms wrapping around her while the other still held the bags.

 

“Do you want to go to your room and lie down, or something?”

 

“Yeah,” she nodded, “I’d like that.”

 

She took his hand and led him to her room, glancing back at the things in his hand. “So what did you bring?” She let go of him to climb onto the bed.

 

“Oh, yeah,” he said holding them up before setting them on the floor as he sat at the edge of the bed, “I wasn’t sure what you wanted so I brought some soda, chips, ramen, and chocolate. Oh and I also saw this,” he reached into the bag and held up a purple package of Midol, “I don't know if you take these things or not but I thought maybe it’d help so-”

 

“Onew-oppa,” she said, laying her hand on top of his.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“I love you.” She leaned forward, putting her other hand on his shoulder to kiss him. A few moments later, she pulled away and settled back into the bed. “Now come lay down with me.”

 

“Okay,” he smiled. He settled in beside her on the right side of the bed. She turned so that they were facing each other. He reached down to the bottom of the bed to pull the blanket up onto the both of them.  

 

“I love you too, my Sunyoungie,” he whispered before kissing her forehead.

 

She grinned up at him at the cheesy nickname, before her eyebrows started to etch together in a frown.

 

“It hurts?” he gathered at her expression.

 

“Like I’m being stabbed with a rusty sword.”

 

He frowned down at her, wishing he could do something to help.

 

“It'll be okay now, though,” she assured him, “Because you're here.”

 

He beamed.


After some time, they broke into the goods Onew had brought. First starting with the soda, followed by the ramen he had to get up to prepare, they were now enjoying the chocolate as they watched some drama that happened to be marathoning on the television. Luna was seated up against the headboard while Onew was leaning back more so that his head was lower and resting near her stomach.

 

“Aaah,” he said, opening his mouth for her to feed him another piece. “You know?” he said as he bit into it, “I don't get this show.”

 

“What's there not to get?” she asked distractedly as she stared up at the romantic scene of the couple walking through the city.

 

“I don't know. Everything. Like how did they end up meeting there? Why couldn't he recognize her voice? And why couldn't anyone see them during that thing? And-”

 

“Onew,” she groaned, running a hand through his hair, “It's just a show. Get over it.”

 

“Fine.”

 

He began to laugh, causing her to start as well, though their laughter was soon cut short by the sound of the front door slamming shut.


Long time no see! Hope this chapter is, um, enjoyable-ish? Also, HAPPY SUMMER :)