Endings

Our Little Secret

“For how long has this relationship been going on?”

 

Luna’s foot was tapping uncontrollably as she sat in front of the managers in one of SM’s meeting rooms.

 

“Since the SM Concert in Japan,” Onew answered from his seat a few feet away from her.

 

“Eight months ago?”

 

“Yes,” he replied sharply. Luna was extremely glad to have Onew here doing most of the talking. She felt like he was in a better position with the company than she was.

 

“You both realize that we have strict dating rules here at SM, yes?” Luna could feel the manager’s intense stare on her. She nodded in response.

 

“And given the recent allegations and for the betterment of the company,” he continued, “we think it’s best for the two of you to terminate your relationship.”

 

“What?” Luna asked loudly.

 

“There is plausible deniability with the released pictures that will allow us to play off the entire scandal as a sham. And for the sake of both of your still upcoming careers, it would be best for the two of you to end your relationship to prevent any further scandals from arising from it.”

 

Before either of them could reply, he added, “Failure to do this may jeopardize your position here at this company. Please think about it and act accordingly.”


“They’re telling us to break up,” Onew muttered once they were left alone in the room.

 

“I guess this was expected,” she replied solemnly. He reached over and grasped her hand in his.

 

“Luna,” he sighed, bringing her hand to his lips, “I love you, you know that, right?”

 

“I love you, too.” They sat in silence for a few moments before she spoke again. “But…”

 

“But?” he asked softly, already knowing her answer.

 

“But…” her voice cracked and tears began to well in her eyes, “It's taken us so long to get to where we are...and if the company is telling us what to do…”

 

He exhaled loudly. “We should listen to them, right?”

 

His hand gripped hers tightly. She slowly nodded back, a few tears sliding down her cheeks.

 

“I’ll miss you,” he whispered, “Like hell.”

 

“I will, too.”

 

They sat in that position for a few more before she stood up, deciding it’d be easier to just leave. With their hands still intertwined, he held her back while still seated in his chair.

 

“Wait,” he sighed, “Before you go...Could I just have one last kiss?”

 

She turned back and looked down at him. Without waiting for an answer, he pulled her towards him so that she stood in between his legs, his arms wrapping around her torso. Her hands moved to either side of his face, her fingers tangling themselves in his hair.

 

Bending down, she placed her lips upon his. He responded immediately, his grasp tightening around her so that she had to bend down more, one of her hands coming to rest on his shoulder for support. Their lips were moving in unison, a few more tears falling from her eyes. She took in all of the love and passion from the kiss, things she soon had to lose. Eventually, their lips slowed and they pulled away. She rested her forehead against his, breathing heavily.

 

Her eyes were closed and she took in the moment for one last time before whispering, “Goodbye, Jinki-oppa.”


“Goodbye, Sunyoung-ah.”


Short chappie cuz I felt like this part should stand alone. I've sort of got some really bad writer's block with this story, so uhh, who knows what will happen next? I sure as hell don't.