By the Pool Deck

Our Little Secret

The party was still thriving when Luna decided it was an acceptable time to leave. No one even noticed her exit, not to her surprise. She figured the others would still be out for at least two more hours. She didn’t feel like sleeping just yet and was craving some time for herself. It was only 11:15 so she decided to go out and explore the resort on her own for a bit.

 

The resort was quite large and luxurious. Despite its modern and classy feel, it managed to maintain the perfect Japanese touch to tie it all together. Even in the late hour, it was packed. Luna passed by multiple foreigners who, of course, didn’t recognize her, so she didn’t have to worry about that.

 

After fifteen minutes of wandering and passing yet another intricate fountain display, Luna went out into the cool night air and settled herself onto the edge of one of the hotel’s many pools. The water was illuminated by dozens of lights hidden under the surface, making Luna’s toned legs appear to be glowing as she aimlessly kicked them around in the water. It was quiet and peaceful. The sounds of the bustling city were somehow unable to be heard. She was gazing up at the windows of the nearest building when a distinct voice called out from behind her.

 

“Luna-ssi!” She turned around to find none other than Onew running towards her, seemingly too coordinated for someone who’d had as much to drink as he had.

 

“Luna,” he forwardly plopped himself beside her and ripped off his shoes. He was breathing heavily between each word. “Why’d you leave the party so early?”

 

“I could ask you the same.” She didn’t know why he was here, of all places. There’s no way that he followed her here. He probably just managed to see her on his way out and was too nice to not come say hello. He's like this with everyone, she thought to herself.

 

“Ah, yeah…”  He was filled with so much energy that Luna couldn’t help but stare at him. He didn’t seem to be bothered by her gaze. He only swung his feet rapidly in the cool water, though careful not to get either of them wet. It was quiet for a few long moments. He seemed like he was deep in thought, and she just waited until he spoke again, “It was just getting too awkward in there.”

 

“I see,” she nodded, realizing it must’ve been hard to see the other members after his confession.

 

“I’m sorry about that,” he said quietly as he suddenly placed his hand on top of hers. She was too shocked by his actions to even move. “I must’ve made it really uncomfortable for you.”

 

“Oppa,” she blinked at him in confusion. He squeezed her hand and she felt him scoot closer to her.

 

“It was true, though,” He was staring at her lips with a look in eyes she’s never quite seen before, “I just can’t stop thinking about you, Sunyoung. Even in my dreams, I’m always thinking about you.”  She met his eyes which were seemingly darker than usual. She was wondering how drunk he was, or more like, how drunk she was. She thought that she must just be in another one of those crazy dreams.  

 

But when his lips were on hers, the feeling was far too real for it to be from her subconscious. She was immediately into it. His lips moved quickly against hers, making his intentions quite clear. The taste of alcohol was evident on his lips and it made her head spin. His hands tugged at her waist as his tongue slid over her bottom lip. Her body felt hot, despite the cool water reaching up to her knees. The feeling of his warm tongue pushing itself into ran a shock straight through her. She suddenly remembered where they were and shifted her body away from him. She grabbed her shoes and scanned around the entire pool deck with worry.

 

“Sunyoung-ah,” he called out, looking up at her in disappointment and shock, “I-I’m so sorry. I just thought you felt the same way and I just must be so drunk and I didn’t mean to offend you in any-.” She cut off his rambling,

 

“Jinki-oppa,” she let out a small laugh when she was confident there was no one else around, “Anybody can see us out here.”

 

He looked around and their location dawned on him. “Oh, yeah.” He smiled at her with the relief that he wasn't being rejected. She was looking him up and down with an amused expression. Her eyes seemed a little dazed as did his. He pulled on his shoes, reached for her hand, and started leading her towards the exit, “Well we can’t have that, can we?”


Please comment/subscribe if you're enjoying this so far. I'm almost afraid that there aren't any Lunew readers out there anymore ~ To those that are reading, I've already got the next chapter in the works!