Decisions

Our Little Secret

Around ten o'clock the next morning, the members gathered in the lobby, everyone dressed in comfortable and casual clothing. The hotel was conveniently positioned in the middle of the city, near all of the popular tourist attractions, and they had the entire day to themselves to explore.

 

"Good morning, everyone!" Key greeted cheerfully as he and the rest of SHINee exited the elevator into the lobby. He showed no trace of a hangover, despite drinking like a fish the night before.

 

Luna was seated on the armrest of one of the lavish chairs next to Amber waiting for the "ok" from management to leave. She was eyeing Onew, who was smiling at the others. He hadn't even glanced in her direction.

 

He was acting especially odd. She knew he was a little drunk last night, but she hoped that didn't change anything. Worried thoughts began to fill her head and she didn't even want to go out anymore. She just wanted to talk to him about what happened the night before.

 

Just then, one of the managers finally appeared, “You may all leave now. Just please make sure to stick together out there. This is a big place and we can't afford to lose anyone!"

 

She was quickly pulled up by Krystal and Sulli as they all exited the hotel.

 

“Should we get a taxi or just walk?” Krystal asked the others. They decided to set out on foot. They split off into smaller groups as one large group of popular singers was sure to draw attention. Luna was veered off into a group with Krystal, Amber, Jonghyun, and Onew. Victoria, Sulli, and the rest of SHINee were in another group with some SNSD members. Luna kept at the back, walking with her arms crossed while the others were caught up in the interesting sights around them.


 

 Though she fought against it, he was on her mind the entire day. After about two hours of walking around, they made a stop at a little noodle shop for lunch upon Amber’s request. She mostly played with her food, not feeling very hungry. She often found herself staring at him, though quickly looking away if she felt like Krystal or anyone else had noticed. He never seemed to.

 

The only time they spoke was when they bumped into each other as they were leaving the restaurant.  He muttered a small apology, but that was it. She couldn’t even meet his eyes, as they were covered by his fringe that fell over them when he had his head down. He immediately ran to Jonghyun who was already heading down the road with Amber. Krystal had to pull onto her arm to get her to catch up to the rest of them.


 

It wasn’t until after dinner that she was able to speak to him alone. She asked him to meet her in the staircase on one of the highest floors of the hotel, knowing no one would be up there. Each floor had clear glass panes which overlooked the tall buildings of Tokyo. She leaned against the glass, staring out as she waited for him.

 

“Hello, Luna-ssi,” he said awkwardly, bowing at her as he arrived. He was wearing a black, long sleeve shirt with his hands pulling at the cuffs. He looked nervous. She bowed her head back at him though she didn’t say anything. It was silent for a few long moments. “Look, about last night, I’m really sorry I-,”

 

“Why did you have to lead me on like that?" she cut him off, sounding both hurt and angry.

 

“What?”

 

“If you didn’t like me, then why didn’t you just tell me? Why’d you just…sleep with me out of pity?” All of the emotions she’d kept pent up that day were beginning to pour out. He stared down at her looking utterly dumbfounded.

 

“Pity? No, no of course not, Luna, I-,”

 

“Then what? Why else would you have been acting like this all day? Ignoring me and-.” She was cut off this time when he grabbed her shoulders and pressed his lips to hers.

 

“Look, I’m so sorry,” he said, pulling her to his chest, “I don’t know why I was like that. I’m such an idiot. I was just so worried and I thought…” His rambling trailed off as he kissed the top of her head. She was frozen for a moment before smiling and wrapping her short arms around him. She stood happily in his embrace.

 

“Then what are you talking about?” She looked up at him, feeling her neck strain a bit, though she didn’t mind. He sighed and kissed her again.

 

“Well, we were both pretty drunk last night…and that didn’t make a difference to me, but, I don’t know, I was just afraid…afraid that you regretted it, or something.”

 

She couldn’t help but laugh at the poor look on his face. She thought back to the way she’d felt the entire day and shook her head.

 

“Omo, Onew-oppa, is that it? Is that why you made me worry like this all day?”

 

They sat down on one of the steps, just barely able to see each other in the dark lighting. He had his arm around her as she leaned against his side.

 

“So where does this leave us?” she asked as he toyed with her hand.

 

“I don’t know,” he sighed, “You know they won’t want us to date.” She nodded, thinking of their company’s strict policies and rules. They were very against its members dating, as it would only lead to scandals and bad publicity.

 

“I know.”

 

“And no one knows about last night, right?”

 

“Right.”

 

“I really want to be with you, Luna.”

 

“Me too, Oppa.”

 

“Good.” It fell quiet again as they both sat, just thinking. His hand up ran and down her side and along her leg. Ever so often he would turn and kiss the side of her face, whether it be her temple, cheek, or jaw.  He finally broke the silence, sitting up a little straighter as he spoke.

 

“Let’s just date and not tell anyone, at least for a while.”

 

“What?”

 

“C’mon, our dorms are really close together. We’ll both be working locally for the next few months. The members don’t have to know, either, just in case.” She felt him squeeze her hand and she met his sweet eyes that were looking down at her pleadingly, “We could do it.”

 

 She thought it over for a while, knowing how hard it’d be to meet up while also keeping it from everyone. However she also knew what she wanted and that she wanted to be with him. She decided that there was no other way. She agreed that they’d just have to figure something out and make it work.

 

“Okay."


School's been pretty busy lately, but I'll try to update soon.