Save Some For Me

Slow Burn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi's first date is with Hoseok and Jimin won't lie he is a wreck, worried about where this could lead. 

What if Yoongi realizes it was Hoseok all along? What if he makes his decision after just one date?

"Hyung, you sure you want to do this?" Jimin asks Hoseok.

It is four in the morning, and Jimin's worry had kept him awake. When he walked into the kitchen to get a glass of water he was surprised to see that he was not only one unable to sleep.

"Yeah, yeah I think so. To be honest I am not sure," Hoseok looks at the younger boy and sighs. "I have been dealing with and pushing down my feelings for that hyung for so long I am not sure if this is the best or worse idea ever. Maybe I will learn that I don't love him, and I can move on. Maybe I will get hurt by watching him choose Jungkook after realizing he is the one I want. I just don't know." The man says as he dramatically drops his head on his folded arms.

Jimin stares in dismay. His motives for this whole thing feels like it is slipping away from him the closer Hoseok's date with Yoongi gets.

"Hyung," Jimin says slowly, "This is going to sound incredibly selfish, and that's because it is. But don't give him too much of a chance, huh?" He didn't mean for it to sound like begging.

Hoseok's turns his head and looks at the boy in confusion.

"What do you mean, wasn't that the point of this whole thing?"

"Yes, and no," Jimin wonders if this is the right time to confess.

Hoseok is staring, and the younger boy feels as though he is going to melt under the intense gaze. Jimin is always amazed that no matter what Jhope is feeling his eyes always reflect a warmth that draws others in. Jimin is stupified at how Yoongi could so easily discard this look.

"Yes and no?" Hoseok's eyebrows are cocked questioningly.

"Yes, I wanted you to find closure. No, I didn't or don't want you to find it in Yoongi hyung." The younger man pauses and runs his hand through his hair, trying to calm his nerves.

"I--" he sighs hard and hopes his voice portrays what he is feeling. "I want you to find it in me," his voice is low and a big part of him hopes Hoseok did not hear.

The look on the man's face clearly shows he does.

"I meant it hyung when I said I wanted you to give me a chance as well. So, that's why I am asking, please don't give Yoongi hyung your everything, save some for me." Jimin is determined to believe that he is not blushing, no matter what the heat emanating from his cheeks is telling him.

Hoseok sits up. He honestly had thought that night when Jimin asked to date him that the boy was just being nice. There is a part of him that knows the younger man has a slight crush on him. But he never saw it as anything serious. However, the person in front of him right now is not a child with a schoolboy crush, but a man asking him to give him a chance.

"You mean that don't you?" It's a stupid question, and Hoseok knows it, but he hadn't expected to verbalize it. 

"Yes, I mean it," Jimin leans forward enough so that now Hoseok is highly aware of Jimin breath as it grazes his face. "I wish you knew hyung, how awesome you truly are. You're not meant to be second best to anyone, not even Jungkook. Yoongi hyung has had so many chances to realize that, so please don't give him all your chances."

The voice that Hoseok hears crackles with sincerity and he doesn't know if it is the pleading in the boy's voice or the fact that he wants someone to put him first that has him agreeing. He does know, however, that this is the second time in the less than two weeks that he has given into a request made by Park Jimin.

"Okay," Hoseok says softly holding Jimin's gaze, "I will save some for you."

The younger boy smiles, and Hosoek's heart skips a beat.

 

Hoseok is not sure why he is so nervous, it's not like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter