The Best Worst Plan Ever

Slow Burn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Jimin is often misunderstood; people mistake his angelic features to mean that the man is somehow frail or too innocent to understand life. But Jimin is not weak nor is he is he innocent. What Jimin is is observant. He is very aware that there is something going on with Jungkook, and he also knows that it somehow involves Hoseok and Yoongi. In all the years that Jimin has known Jungkook, the boy has never had any trouble learning choreo. So, the fact that the youngest has enlisted Jimin's help to learn the new routine is cause for concern. 

As Jungkook stares intensely into the mirror, trying to recreate the moves Jimin just showed him, Jimin quietly moves to lock the practice room door. He and the youngest need to talk, and Jimin needs for there to be no disruptions to the process.

"Okay spill," he says as he turns off the stereo.

"What?" Jungkook asks half shocked; he expected for either Taehyung or Jimin to confront him. He just wasn't prepared for it to happen this soon.

"Look we have been in this practice room for three hours, I am tired and frankly a little cranky. It has never taken you this long to get a routine down, ever. So, spill it, whatever the hell it is that's wrong with you."

Jimin knew how to handle his friends, he would never be this harsh with Taehyung, the boy is easily scarred. With Taehyung, he would be soothing, coaxing the problem out. But Jungkook is not Taehyung, Jungkook has a brick wall around his emotions and for Jimin to get to the heart of the matter the wall needed to be demolished. 

Jungkook smiles a bit, only Jimin could approach him like this. Taehyung would be too afraid to hurt his feelings, and the hyungs don't know him as well as Jimin and Tae. 

He contemplates putting up a fight, but he is tired as well both physically and emotionally.

"I think I may have feelings for Yoongi hyung," he had meant to lead up to the declaration because he wasn't sure that was the real issue. But now that he has said it out loud he knows, that it is what's wrong.

He likes Yoongi as more than a friend and NOT as a brother.  

"Okay," Jimin says as he slowly processes the information, "So, what's the issue? Anyone with eyes knows that Yoongi has the hots for you, for like a while." 

"What?" Jungkook says with shock in his voice. 

He knew that there was something there, between him and Yoongi. He could see it in the man's eyes. He is totally floored to find out that he was the last to know. A smile is about to spread across his lips.

Then it hits him.

Hoseok hyung

Jungkook's shock turns to sympathy; he knows how the older man feels about Yoongi. But he is also acutely aware that although Yoongi doesn't know it he has feelings, very real feelings for the older dancer.

"It's not that simple hyung." Jungkook's voice is somewhat deflated.

"Must be bad for you to call me hyung," Jimin jokes.

"That hyung even if he doesn't know it, loves Hosoek hyung too. Really loves him." Jungkook stares at his friend as though looking for a solution.

"What do you mean?" Jimin asks.

"I caught them in the cave a few weeks back, Hosoek hyung was crying and Yoongi was consoling him."

"That doesn't mean anything, how many times have you or I had to console a crying Taehyung?" Jimin points out.

"Yeah, but we are not whispering in Taehyung's ear that we didn't mean to hurt him, in a voice that says he did more than step on Hoseok's toes during practice." Jungkook knows what he saw; he is just having a hard time expressing it. "It's like he was apologizing for not loving him, but it is clear as day that he does."

Jimin is thoughtful he can't imaging Hopey hyung crying and if Yoongi hyung was the cause then that's something that Jimin needed to rectify. Hoseok crying or sad ever was not something Jimin wants to see, the man is like the sunshine and anything that stops the sun from shining needed to be dealt with, stat. 

"But there is something between us too, and it's just as real," Jungkook continues. "I feel upside down when he is around like I can't contain my emotions. I fight with myself to not just reach out and touch him. Ahhhggg, it is all so confusing. I honestly don't know if what I am feeling is, love, lust, like--" Jungkook drops his face into his hands.

"Kooie-ah," Jimin's earlier harshness gone. "Life is not straightforward, and attraction is the most complex thing of all. Because when it hits us we have to figure out what it means. I don't know what you feel around Yoongi, I also don't know what happened with him and Hoseok hyung. But I do know that the three of you are walking around like zombies, and that has to end.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter