travelling to Korea

best friends or something more

Hyojoo POV

*Did i do something wrong? I always used to call Jimin “jiminy” back in Korea. Maybe i shouldn’t have hugged him. But it’s not like it was the first time i ever hugged him!* i thought to myself, not moving an inch from where Jimin left me. I sighed and wondered off in my thoughts, until my phone started ringing and the caller ID stated “mum <3”. A curve appeared on my smile, just thinking off my mother. She was another important person on my list that i missed from Korea

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Hyojoo! I’ve got good news for you! I and dad brought you a plane ticket to take you to back to Korea!”

“Jeungmallo?” i said in excitement

“And it’s also perfect timing because you received an invitation from your school to attend a class reunion!”

“Ah, really?” i said even more excited.  “When is the flight?” i asked curiously.

“It’s in a month. I don’t know if u heard but a major volcanic eruption occurred on the route to Korea. So until everything gets cleared up, it is not safe.

“Ah yes i heard. Eomeoni, i can’t wait to see you!”

 
“Me too! Stay safe and healthy” she said and i nodded even though she couldn’t see through the phone.

 

“Yes i will, don’t worry mom!” and she hung up.

I started thinking if Taehyung and Jimin will attend the reunion. I can’t lie that i would be disappointed and upset if they didn’t. But considering their busy schedules, they probably won’t. i don’t even know when they are going back to Korea. At least, not anytime soon. But on the bright side, i will get to see my friends that I’ve also missed. Although some of the “friends” just purposely handed out with me just to get close to Jimin and Taehyung. I understand and completely know why they want to get close to them (because their both so undeniably handsome!!) but hanging out with me just for that reason made me quite distressed. I felt like most of the girls in my class did that which made me feel unwanted, whilst there was one friend that i will never forget. She was the one person i talked to about anything (especially girl stuff haha) and the first girl to actually approach me when i arrived at my new school in Korea.

1 month later

“Bye Lina! I will truly miss you, you must stay in contact with me!!” i said to Lina as tears filled her eyes, but i felt kind of used to saying goodbye to people so i wasn’t on the verge of crying. There was a part of me that wanted to stay and another part that wanted me to go back to Korea. i have no idea how my life will be in Korea now that I’ve  finished school. I had been thinking i’ll give myself a rest and a reward for working hard for the past 2 years to pursue my dream that has yet to be fulfilled.

“i will! Arrive safely when you land text me, ok?” she said holding back her tears

“i won’t forget! I’ll visit you again soon!” i said sincerely. I looked at my watch which pointed to 12:30 and my flight is scheduled at 12:40. I quickly reacted. “I’m sorry Lina! I have to go only 10 minutes till boarding the plane, bye!” i said waving then i turned around and was guiding myself with the help of arrows and signs to reach “gate 3” but soon realised that it wasn’t a long walk from where i left Lina.

“Hello, this is my boarding pass” i said to the air hostess pointing to my pass. She soon let me through to enter the airplane and led me to a the VIP seats which made me surprised my mum and dad would provide me with such luxurious travelling that included extra leg area, a seat that can turn into a bed. I was also provided with a TV, free WI-FI, an electricity socket to charge my electronics and i could eat anything i wanted! I actually felt like a celebrity at the moment although for some people it may not be anything special but it definitely was for me. People started gathering and seats were being filled up fast, although the row in which i was sitting still had empty seats. I soon positioned my neck pillow to my liking, put my sleeping mask on, plugged in my earphones to my phone and shuffled the music on my phone. BTS’s song “I need you” was chosen; i smiled to myself a bit. I soon dozed off but before i could i felt a finger tap my shoulder and teh owner of teh voice asked: “umm excuse me, can we sit here?” i obviously just nodded, what else could i do anyway. There was one thing that really bothered me and i couldn’t fall asleep because of it..... The voice that asked me if he could sit their (i could definitely tell it was a man) was similar to voice i heard before and i had a bad feeling about this....

3de67422b9d1c3d89f67e2947b69cc13.jpg