two years ago

best friends or something more

Chapter 2 – 2 years ago

Flashback to two years ago

Hey Taehyung, can I come meet you today? I haven’t seen you for weeks and i want to tell you something!” you said emphasising the word “weeks”.

“Mianhe Hyojoo, I’ve got practice today again... I’ll make sure to make time for my best friend tomorrow! I promise” Taehyung said. Although you were disappointed you could really hear the honesty in his voice. But the thing that hurt you the most is he still thinks of you as a best friend despite your 5 year friendship and the fact that in a week’s time, you won’t be able to see him after you go to “The American academy of dramatic arts” in LA. Your parents really want you to pursue your career as an actress but they said that it will be difficult to become one in South Korea especially because you’re not a Korean but an American. It has always been your dream to perform on stage, so when you heard you were accepted to the Academy you couldn’t appose to the proposal to attend.  You have a chance to accomplish your dreams. Regardless of how hard and heartbreaking it will be to leave Taehyung and your parents, you want to go and fulfil your dreams. Every time you gather up your courage to tell Taehyung that you will leave him, he is either busy or has group practice, so it is getting harder for you to tell him as the day comes closer.

  •  The next day    -

Your phone is ringing:

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Anyoung Hyojoo!” Taehyung replied cheerfully. “Can I come over today?”

“Hey Taehyung. Yeah you can come over today” I said lifelessly because I knew I had to tell him that I’m leaving in 3 days.

“gwaenchanha? Are you ill?” Taehyung asked worriedly.

 

“I’m ok, just a bit tired” I said *he really does care about me* I smiled to myself.

 

“That’s a relive!” Taehyung said and i smiled to myself again before realising that i won’t be able to talk to him like this when I go to America.

 

“I’ll be waiting for you then!” I replied.

 

I am really wondering how he will react to my news. I can’t lie that I won’t be disappointed if he is happy for me instead of being upset that I’m going. I know I’m thinking nonsense and sound selfish right now but I honestly will miss him and it hurts to know he feels differently  about me (at least I think he does). I trailed off in my thoughts and before I knew it Taehyung was knocking on my door. I walk up to the door of my apartment in Seoul and take a deep breath before opening the door.

 

“Hey Taehyung, come on in” I greeted him.

 

Taehyung’s POV

 

As i walked inside Hyojoo’s apartment, the first thing that caught my eye was the luggage that was placed near the entrance of the door. *is she going on holiday?*.

 

“Hey Taehyung, come on in” she greeted me. 

 

Something was different about her and i didn’t know what. It was bugging me. Did i do something wrong? She led the way into her living room, signalling for me to sit down on the couch with a smile. During these past few weeks, I have been busy practicing for my debut next month that i didn’t even realise how much I missed here. There was awkward silence which was unusual for us considering we have been “best friends” for 5 years.

 

“So what did you want to tell me?” I put my hand on my neck and slightly smiled. I noticed her facial expression turned even more upset. I didn’t know what happened but i really wanted to hug her and tell her its ok, hold her in my embrace.

 

“I’ve got something to tell you...” she paused

 

“I’m leaving south Korea to America in two days...” 

 

I didn’t know what to say then. I was shocked but revealed that she wasn’t hurt. I sat there and didn’t say anything for at least a minute. I was missing her already although she was near me, i didn’t want her to go. For a second, i forgot that we are just friends and stood up from the sofa to hug her. I know she doesn’t feel the same way as me but I couldn’t constrain myself any longer. She buried her face in my chest and she began to sob. I didn’t even realise but tears came streaming down my face once I heard her cry. I pushed myself away from her slightly so I could see her beautiful face and i cupped her face with my hands.

 

“W... why are you leaving?” I said stuttering while wiping away her tears with my two thumbs.

 

“I got accepted to an arts academy there.. and my parents thought it will be my chance to finally break out as an actress..... I’m sorry i didn’t tell you earlier; just whenever I tried too, I seemed to lose my courage” she said with her eyes were on the floor.

 

“Well then I’m happy that you finally will stand up on stage!” i said trying to hide my sadness.

 

“i will miss you”. And as soon as she said that my heart melted away....

tumblr_inline_no2968vUCF1sowzkr_540.jpg