chapter 4

best friends or something more

Chapter 4

Hyojoo’s POV : the next day

----- At the academy -----

“So as you all know, we are coming to the end of your school life here in the academy of dramatic arts and i would like to announce that we will be holding a ball next week Friday to celebrate your successes this year. I would like to sincerely congratulate you all fro your hard work and graduation that you all truly deserve!” said the principle with confidence and high enough dynamics for everyone in the hall to hear him.

“Hallie (my American name), who are you going to go with?” my friend Lina leaned closer and whispered into my ear clear enough for me to hear. I rubbed my neck as i got lost in my thoughts and before i knew it the principle was already. dismissing everyone row by row. I couldn’t help but think about what happened yesterday at the train station. i started thinking about how much i have been missing him and that i would love to come to the ball with him just to see him again.

My friend nudged my arm to signalise that i had to stand up. I immediately realised me, my friend and the principle were the only people remaining in the hall.

“Girls, are you day dreaming? Was my assembly that boring?” he laughed and we chuckled.

“No sir, it was very interesting indeed. We were just thinking about who to take to the ball” i said and we both smiled.

“Alright then, that’s a relive.” He said

“Well then we will be heading to class now” Lina said. “Bye sir” we said in unison and turned around and headed to drama class although we don’t really do much in class anymore because we graduated early this year due to the fast progress the students have been making. So we generally just relax.

“Hey why are you mentally wondering off again? This is probably like the 6th time you’ve done that, literally!”She burst out and that caught my attention from my thought

“I’m sorry” i look down at the floor. I felt bad, it seems like I’ve been ignoring her the whole day while in reality something was just occupying my mind. “it’s just i have something on my mind and i just can’t seem stop thinking about it”

“whats bothering you?”

“Do you remember when i told you about the guy i liked back in South Korea and that i had to leave him because i got accepted into this academy?”

“yeah, carry on” she said and i could see her full attention on what i was about to say.

“i saw him yesterday” i said and she gasped

“OMG no way!” she said still with open “why aren’t you happy then? Don’t you still love him?”

“well i was at first, but then he didn’t remember me, and then he acts like nothing happened walks away, then the next second he is knocking at my door asking if i can take him to the train station! And the thing that confused me most was before he left he came up to me, tucked my hair away from my face and said “Thank you Hyojoo” so does that mean he remembers me and was just pretending or what??” i said with a loud tone because i had anger boiled up inside of me for an unknown reason that i could not identify.

“Omg are you serious?” she said. “this totally reminds me of the Korean dramas you tell me to watch” she chuckled.

“Hey this isn’t funny! So what was the hair tucking thing that he did suppose to mean?” i said clueless.

“That he still likes you obviously” she said rolling her eyes.

“He didn’t like me in the first place anyway!” i said

“Are you crazy? I haven’t even seen him and from what I’ve been hearing from you for the past 2 years about him, i can tell he really likes you.” She shocked me with what she said. *what if i was blind to not realise his feelings?*

Taehyung POV

At the dorm

We all woke up early in the morning, and finished packing our luggage that we left yesterday night because we were so tired after universal studios. We obviously had to prepare breakfast which was left for Jin to do (the mother of the house).

“Yah everyone breakfast is ready!” Jin shouted from the kitchen and everyone gathered around the dining table in the speed of lightening. Everyone was talking to each other while i was eating my food smiling to myself remembering yesterday.

“Hey Taehyung, why are you smiling so much today?” Tony said while smirking and the rest chuckled. I looked up at them with confused face.

“He met his girlfriend yesterday” Jimin said while laughing and the rest followed.

“Yah she’s not my girlfriend!” i exclaimed giving Jimin dirties

“Eeee, Taehyung getting girls. Hahaha” everyone started laughing while holding their stomachs and i pushed my food away from me and walked away from the table. I didn’t walk away because of their joke, actually i walked away because i didn’t want anyone to see me upset and crying that Hyojoo ISNT my girlfriend and that i probably won’t see her again.

“Hey Taehyung, we were only joking” Rap monster said with a serious look on his face.

“I know I’m just not hungry” i said forcing a smile at the rest to make it seem like i wasn’t lying.

Few minutes later (no one’s POV)

“BTS?” Nate called everyone.

“Yes?” Suga spoke up.

“Your flight has been delayed because of a major volcanic eruption and it would be dangerous to fly today so all air flights have been delayed until it is safe to go” Nate was expecting them to be worried and sad... but in contrast all of them were happy.

“Yes that means more free time and relax!” Jongkook said excitedly jumping on the spot childishly.

“How long do you think it’s going to take till it is safe?” Jin asked sophisticatedly

“Probably a few weeks....” Tony said hesitantly worried about their reactions

Everyone was in joy to hear the news, apart from one person, Taehyung. He wanted to occupy himself with work and dance practices in order to forget about what happened yesterday... now that he has free time to do what he wants; he will probably be spending that time replaying that significant moment in his head: that time when Hyojoo’s eyes met his for the first time in 2 years. It was something he didn’t want to do. He was doing well forgetting how empty he was without Hyojoo for the past two years but that got ruined in just one day.

“Hey Taetae!” Taehyung looked up to see Jimin’s smiling face that suddenly turned into a frown once he saw Taehyung’s expression.

“Yah what’s wrong? You’ve been really down lately and I’m getting worried” Jimin stated which made Taehyung’s lips curl slightly.

“I’m fine. I’m just probably home sick, that’s all” he said forcing a smile at the innocent Jimin.

“Don’t lie to me! You were the one most excited for the trip to LA and now you are apparently “home sick” i don’t believe that Taetae. Now tell me what’s up and what’s bothering you” Jimin said which made Taehyung realise and recall that Jimin has been his friend since he could remember so there is no way that Jimin could not realise what is up with Taehyung. Taehyung started smiling widely

“You know me to well!” Taehyung said while ruffling Jimin’s hair.

“Don’t try and change the topic... spill it out!” Jimin said chuckling and Taehyung remembered Hyojoo again which made his lips frown once more.

“It’s Hyojoo...” Taehyung said and he didn’t have to say anything more because Jimin understood everything from those two words.

“Why don’t you just go talk to her right now? I mean, you know where she lives so just go talk to her and tell her how you feel?”

“Are you crazy?” Taehyung exclaimed. “no way” he said forming an “X” with his arms to enforce his answer.

“Fine” Jimin scoffed and sighed but then suddenly jumped up from teh chair he was sitting on “how about i go and talk to her and tell her how you feel? How does that sound?”

“well definitely better than me going.....” he said looking at the floor and realising it would be better for Jimin to tell Hyojoo then him personally. He doesn’t have the mental strength to face her again and he had no idea why. It was bothering him.

“Then its settled. Where does she live?” Jimin asked. They spent a good 15 minutes just planning what Jimin will say and obviously informing Jimin where Hyojoo lives.

“Arasso, i understand!” Jimin’s said while putting his shoes on. Jimin waved to Taehyung as he opens the door and mouthed “don’t worry Tae Tae!!”

Hyojoo’s POV

I arrived home early because i didn’t have any classes and wanted to digest what happened yesterday and Lina’s words. But before i was able to sit on the couch and turn my TV on, the door bell rings. *i wonder who that is? I didn’t invite anyone?*....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Left it as a cliff hanger!

Can you guys plzzz tell me if i should carry this fanfic on, i don’t know if people are enjoying it or not, as much as i enjoy writing my fanfic. So plz leave your opinion below (no hate comments though, only my first fanfic...)

Thank you everyone for reading my fanfic !! hope you had a great day!!