meeting Jimin again

best friends or something more

Hyojoo’s POV

I arrived home early because i didn’t have any classes and wanted to digest what happened yesterday and Lina’s words. But before i was able to sit on teh couch and turn my TV on, the door bell rings. *i wonder who that is? I didn’t invite anyone?*....

I walk up to the door and wishing for Taehyung to be at the door. i know i may seen desperate, which is actually what i am, but i wont hide my feelings any longer. Keeping your feelings bottled up inside of you for more than 7 years was such a hard challenge for me and i just want to reveal them no matter what Taehyung thinks of me afterwards.

As i walk closer to the door i catch a glimpse of a guy with very muscular arms. From far away, i could recognise who was standing at my door. i ran up quickly to the door and opened it startling the guy at my door.

“Jiminy!!” i said as i flung my arms around Jimin’s shoulders and neck. “I’ve missed you so much!” and i really did. Although Taehyung was (or is) my first love, Jimin was the one who stuck by me, helping me through all the hard times i have had in the past, and i will be forever grateful and in debt to him. Not that Taehyung didn’t help me during the hard times.

“Hyojoo I’ve missed you too. You can’t even imagine!” Jimin said as he hugged me back. That made me smile. I pull out of the hug to free myself in order to gaze into his eyes.

“So what brings you here?” i said smiling at his gorgeous face.

“Why can’t i see my best friend after 2 whole years?” he said chuckling.

“aniya!! How did you know i lived here?” i said hitting his arm playfully.

“Taehyung told me. I have something to tell you. Can i come in?” He asked and i nodded in reply.

“Sit down” i said pointing to the sofa. “How have you been Jimin? I’m sorry i didn’t contact you at all during the 2 years; i got a new phone in America because my old phone was stolen at the airport” i said while handing Jimin a bottle of water because it was so hot outside. Due to the hotness, Jimin’s arms were glowing and it emphasised his muscular arms. I couldn’t help myself form staring.tumblr_inline_nd8lr8e8491qehfpp.jpg

“Don’t worry about it.... What are you looking at? He asked while smirking. I blushed and widened my eyes in embarrassment.

“Me? n..noth..thing..” i said stuttering and quickly looked away avoiding his eye contact that stared piercing me.

“My muscles? Don’t worry, you’re not the only one who can’t resist these” he said laughing while tightening his muscles, pointing to them.

“Vein much... Anyway what did you want to tell me?” i said immediately changing the subject.

“Umm well it’s about Taehyung. He wanted to apologise to you about yesterday and the reason why he pretended to not know you yesterday was because he knew he probably would never see you again and he would be sad if you had to leave him again. And that he still likes you...” there was a minute of silence while i was trying to process what just happened and what Jimin just said but i finally spoke up.

“What do you mean by still likes me?” i asked carefully

“That he still likes you!” Jimin said

“Oh right! Umm so tell him that i understand why he did that and that i still” i paused for a second asking myself if i should say how i really feel. I couldn’t keep my feelings contained inside of me any longer “that i still like him, too” it felt like weights were lifted off my shoulders that moment and i could freely breathe again.

“I’ll tell him. You don’t have to worry!” although his tone sounded happy, his facial expression frowned and he smiled no longer. I could tell something as wrong. There was silence but Jimin broke it this time.

“So how is your new school?” he asked with a forceful smile of his face.

“Well i graduated a few weeks ago and gained my performing arts degree!” i said

“Wow that’s my Hyojoo!” he said finally with a real smile on his face while patting my head. I missed him always praising me over really tiny things. Like once back in Korea, whenever i was upset he would always praise me for whatever i did. I really missed that. Not only that but i missed him and his warming smile.

I laid my head gently on Jimin’s shoulder. “I missed this Jiminy. I missed you...”

Jimin’s POV

I thought i forgot about Hyojoo. I thought my feelings wouldn’t come back. Why did this have to happen again? Why do i have to be hurt once more? I cant be doing this to my best friend. *Jimin forget about her. Now!*

Hyojoo’s head was on my shoulder and i wanted her to be this close to me forever. But i couldn’t do that. Not to my best friend. I stood up so her head was no longer laying onm my shoulder.

“Mianhe Hyojoo, it’s already late and i have to go. BTS is waiting for me” I said in a hurry. I could see Hyojoo’s sad face. She was probably expecting me to say i missed her but i didn’t want to fall for her again like i did in school. I had to force myself to believ i don’t liek her anymore, the second time.