Chapter 8

Soulmate

“Don’t you think you’re a little too…” Seulgi observed aloud, elevating herself on one arm, sprawled out on Jongin’s bed in the guest room. “Underdressed for this?” She deliberately joked, watching Jongin stop attempting to tie the tie clumsily put around his neck, but not under his shirt collar.

Still underdressed?” His voice rose in panic, rushing towards his open luggage bag at the other end of the room.

Seulgi laughed to herself. “Jongin, I was kidding.” She let him know, sitting up and scooting towards the foot of the bed. “Look at you. We’re having a barbeque at the back of my house with my family, and you’re in a tuxedo for a meeting with the prime minister.”

“Emphasize the with your family part, and you might understand what I’m going through.” He knelt down, throwing pieces of his clothing in the air. “I wasn’t prepared for this, all I brought were sweaters and—this suit was the last one I wore when I landed, it still reeks of Japan and—takoyaki and— Hiroshima-- I don’t even know, what’s in Japan again?—“

He felt small hands on his shoulders, pinching and pushing him away. He gave in under the strength, standing up and having his girlfriend prop down next to his luggage instead. “You need to relax.” Seulgi ordered promptly, picking out a knit sweater from Jongin’s baggage. “Take off the tie, and just wear this.” Jongin did as he was told, feeling his girlfriend turn him around towards the mirror behind them. She stood in front of him as he tugged on the sweater she chose, and her fingers delicately reached towards his shirt collar, fixing it properly above the first layer. “There.” She concluded, patting the cloth one last time. “You look normal again.”

“But you’re in a dress.” Jongin whined, gesturing towards the yellow sundress Seulgi had on. “I don’t think I’m supposed to look normal.”

“Didn’t you hear my mother literally forcing me into this from the other end of the hall?” Seulgi raised an eyebrow, holding onto the ends of her dress. “If it was up to me, I would’ve gone to dinner in the boxers I’m wearing under—“

She raised the cloth, showing her shorts to Jongin who hastily pushed her hand down. “Seul, hey.” Jongin reprimanded, both hands pausing on Seulgi’s waist. “You look like a lady right now, might as well act like one.”

Hmm,” She hummed playfully, feeling Jongin’s hands circle around her slowly. “You’d like that, huh?”

“Hm.” Jongin hummed back, as Seulgi threw her arms around his neck and reeled in closer. “Maybe it’s precisely what I need to… relax.” He teased, mocking Seulgi’s tone earlier.

Seulgi rolled her eyes, ignoring it and just kissed her boyfriend full on the lips. Jongin followed her pace and immediately reciprocated every move. He pushed her flat against the wall next to the mirror, one hand next to Seulgi’s face and another grazing up her thigh. A fire jolted up Seulgi’s spine once Jongin’s hand went further than she expected, having her leg unconsciously hook itself around her boyfriend’s waist, pulling him even closer as the moment rose in intensity, her back sensing the wood of the door on her other side.

Nice.” A voice came from the door; that was apparently left unlocked.

Jongin backed away in no less than a mille second, hands smudging his lips of any sign of guilt. Seulgi was left panting against the wall, as she turned her head towards the voice she knew she could never mistake. “Always the best timing, Seungri.” She patted down her dress, rolling her eyes to herself.

Seungri stepped inside the room. “I know right, aren’t I the best-est?” He chuckled to himself. “Give your big brother a hug.”

“I’d rather not, you must still reek of number, what?” Seulgi cringed, individually raising her fingers as if she was counting. “58?”

“59, if you count that quickie at the gas station yesterday—“ Seulgi faked a barf, covering with one hand, and raising the other to make her brother shut up. “And you’re one to talk—hi, you must be Jongin.” Seungri put on his best smile and running a hand through his blond hair, turning towards Jongin who was trying his best to remain calm somewhere behind his girlfriend.

Jongin coughed, toning his voice back to normal and stepping next to Seulgi. “Yes, Sir—I mean—“

Hyung.” Seungri stretched a hand in his direction. “Call me hyung, Mr. CEO-of-biggest-music-industry-in-the-whole-of-South-Korea.”

Jongin silently smiled, taking Seulgi’s brother’s hand and gently shaking it. “Yes, hyung. I’m Jongin. It’s nice to meet you.”

“Big hands, nice.” Seungri observed, gripping it tight one last time before letting go. “Keeping my baby sister satisfied, I presume—“

“Don’t you have anywhere else to be gross and inappropriate at right now, Seungri?” Seulgi interjected, saving her boyfriend from any more of the humiliation he was probably already under.

“I was busy being so downstairs,” He answered seriously. “But mother dearest sent me up here to tell you dinner’s ready.”

“Okay, thanks, get out.” Seulgi quickly responded, pushing her brother out the door and locking it swiftly in the process.

“Don’t take too long with my sister, Jongin, I can’t stall forever.” Seungri yelled from the other side of the door right before they heard the sound of footsteps getting softer and softer as he got further away.

Seulgi rolled her eyes for the nth time watching as Jongin plumped down on the foot of his bed.

“What a good first impression I must have left.” Jongin breathed heavily, sighing to himself and shoving his hands over his face in embarrassment.

Seulgi stepped closer to him, shoving his hands away. “Trust me,” She confidently said, placing her hands on Jongin’s shoulders. “With Seungri, that was the best impression you could have made.”

Jongin sighed one more time, holding Seulgi’s hands still in utter terror.

“Hey,” She whispered calmly, forcing her boyfriend to look at her. “You’ll do fine. You’re the Kim Jongin, remember.”

“That doesn’t sound like much a compliment right now.”

“It is, I promise.” She assured him, leaving a peck on his lips one last time. “And come on, you haven’t even met the brother I’m not ashamed of.”

“Oh man, I’m extremely ecstatic for that.” Jongin sarcastically said, frowning.

“Don’t be such a grouch, the rest of the night will be great.” Seulgi gripped onto on one of his hands, pushing him to stand up and leading him towards the door. “Come on, you’ll love Seunghoon. And dad’s steak.”

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Because Seungri's my Big Bang bias and if you know him and his personality, this is totally something he'd do. HAHAHAH. He was the one who sat on Sehun for the MAMAs if you remember that legendary moment hihi. So yeah, you're finally going to meet the rest of Seulgi's family! Just to clarify; Seulgi's the youngest of three children. (Click on the links if you want to see how they look like) The first is Seungri, the second is Seunghoon (he's also my bias but from Winner). Seungri's the playboy who still hasn't gotten his life together, and Seunghoon's the mature one who's even raised his own family-- both of which Seulgi referred to in the previous chapter. One thing they all distinctly have in common is the Seu at the start of their names which is another reason why I chose them. They also all have chinky eyes so it's cute. And knowing Seungri and Seunghoon, they just fit the roles. 

So yeah. I put up pretty short updates, but it's better than nothing right? And I hope you're enjoying so far. Thank you for the patience, and for all the love. Follow me on twitter (@teammaknae), if you need your daily dose of SeulKai, cause I tweet a lot of it, I promise.

Til' the next update!