Chapter 1

Soulmate

“For her love was like the wind,” The lead character’s voice over concluded. “You can’t see it, but you can feel it.”

 

Seulgi dropped the spoon she had in hand back into the tub of ice cream next to her. “So,” She began, cringing at the screen fading to black, the last scenes playing in her head one last time right as A Walk to Remember’s credits started flashing. “She just dies?”

 

Jongin sat up from his laid down position, his nose still runny after watching his favorite classic romantic movie for the nth time, asking (more of forcing) Seulgi to watch it with him for their weekly date night; something they came up with after realizing just how busy a couple they apparently were even after two years into their relationship. 

 

“What?” He asked, wiping away his tears with the back of his hand, cheeks still warm.

 

“The Jane girl—“

 

Jamie.” Jongin corrected, turning to face Seulgi who was leaning on the bed’s headboard behind him.

 

“Right, Jamie.” Seulgi agreed. “Falls in love with the Lancome dude—“

 

Landon.” He corrected her once more, raising an eyebrow at her wondering if she was even paying attention.

 

“Yes, Landon,” She nodded. “He does all those things she listed she wanted to do, even builds that huge telescope to see that comet thing for like three seconds and gets married to her in the church of her choice, and she just dies?”

 

Jongin stared blankly at Seulgi who had no inch of grief anywhere on her expression, momentarily pondering if he really needed to respond to her question.

 

SHE JUST DIES??” Seulgi borderline yelled. “AFTER HE DID ALL THAT FOR HER?”

 

Jongin blinked, gritting his teeth behind his mouth suppressing laughter seeing how serious Seulgi was. “I’m sorry Seul, the girl only had leukaemia—she only had cancer at a pretty serious stage—her fault she had cancer, totally her fault.”

 

“Damn right, it’s her fault!” Seulgi pugnaciously nodded her head. “She should have fought it! She should have fought for their love—she should have fought for Lancome!”

 

“Right Lancome, she should have fought for Lancome.” For cosmetic make-up, Jongin thought with a snigger riding along with his girlfriend who seemed certain of her stand. To be completely honest, he wasn’t even remotely surprised at her reaction. He’s always known his girlfriend tended to be a robot even with real life events, what more with fictional matters.

 

“That wasn’t a romance Jongin, that was a freaking tragedy— was Nicholas Sparks born during the Shakespearean era because that’s not how romantic literature is done in modern times—“ Seulgi argued. “And Kim Jongin, are you making fun of me again?” Seulgi furrowed her eyebrows, tossing a pillow right at her boyfriend’s face. “Get out, go to your room—“

 

“This is my room.” Jongin retorted, chuckling between his words as he caught the pillow and laid it back down next to him. “It’s our room. It has been for over two years, silly.” Jongin scooted over nearer to her and ruffled her hair.

 

Seulgi rolled her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest. “Remind me again why I dated you.”

 

“Because I am incredible.” Jongin replied, sending her a brief wink and having Seulgi roll her eyes once more. “Alright,” He said picking up the remote control to shut off the television. “We should get some rest, another early day tomorrow.”

 

Seulgi heaved a sigh. “Yeah,” She huffed, pushing herself off of the bed. “I’ll just brush my teeth.”

 

“Won’t you finish your ice cream?” Jongin questioned, picking up the tub of salted caramel ice cream where Seulgi left it, the spoon still sticking out of the lid.

 

“Nah,” Seulgi shook her head walking over to the bathroom door. “Haven’t really been into ice cream lately.”

 

Jongin watched as she stepped into the bathroom shutting the door behind her, as he stood up too to return the unusually unfinished tub of ice cream back into the fridge mentally preparing himself for another long day.

 

-

 

Jongin finished rinsing the shaving cream off his face, and quickly grabbed the nearest towel he could get his hands on right before he stepped out of the bathroom. Seulgi was still in the exact position she was in on the bed right after she responded with a groggy “yeah, I’m getting up” to Jongin’s incessant nagging for her to do so once he woke up earlier. 

 

Jongin heaved a quick sigh and finished buttoning his shirt, before continuing with his rather motherly nagging. “Seul, come on.” He said, propping down next to her and shaking her gently. “We’re gonna be late. Again.”

 

“Why do you care,” She hissed, eyes still shut. “You own the company.”

 

Jongin chuckled. “Exactly why I shouldn’t be late.”

 

Seulgi shook her head in disagreement like a six year old. “Exactly why you can be.”

 

“Seul.” He breathed, taking her hand and pulling her up. “Please, I have a meeting in two hours.”

 

Seulgi opened her eyes a little, seeing Jongin in his usual office attire— slacks which revealed his ankles, and a cream collared dress shirt, but tie less at the moment. She let her eyes adjust to the daylight before pointing out, “You missed a spot.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Have you shaved?” She asked, squinting at his face. “Cause look, you missed a spot.”

 

Jongin cupped his chin and brushed a finger above his lip, realizing Seulgi was indeed correct feeling tiny strands of hair. 

 

Seulgi rolled her eyes and sat up, giving in. “Fine.” She didn’t let go of Jongin’s grip on her hand as she pushed herself off of the bed, dragging him along back towards the bathroom. She lazily jumped on the counter and took Jongin’s shaver where he left it. Jongin stood directly infront of her, settling between her legs. “Grown man can’t even shave properly.” Seulgi scowled, spraying cream on the spot Jongin missed.

 

“That’s why I have you.” Jongin retorted, with a wink.

 

Seulgi sent him another eye roll. “Stay still.” She ordered, carefully shaving the cream off along with the spot Jongin missed. “There.” She said, dropping the shaver in the sink to be washed. “Now, rinse. Properly.”

 

“Yes, ma’am.” Jongin nodded, staring at his reflection on the mirror as Seulgi slipped out next to him and off the counter. “And you go shower.”

 

Seulgi obeyed without another word, comfortably removing the only article of clothing she had on and stepping inside the shower.

 

Jongin finished rinsing, checking his face one last time just to be sure. “I’ll go make breakfast, make it fast.” He called out beneath the sound of the shower water which Seulgi was under before leaving her alone.

 

-

 

The usual scent of breakfast, belgian waffles and bacon cooked to a perfect crisp, met Seulgi’s nostrils as she walked downstairs tugging on a sweatshirt above her shorts. Jongin turned around, laying the plates down on the table chewing the piece of bacon shoved into his mouth right as Seulgi took a seat.

 

“Eat.” Jongin briefly ordered. “Car’s downstairs already.” And Seulgi took it upon herself to obey and feed herself, allowing Jongin to clean up what he’s used. He watched her boyfriend’s back shift around hastily, an apron tied around his waist, dropping plates and pans into the sink and under the water. And pondered on the sight she was so used to seeing every morning at the same times for almost two years. She quickly consumed the two waffles on her plate, it not tasting as great as it usually did. Maybe she was finally getting sick of waffles, she noted along with a reminder for Jongin to switch to pancakes tomorrow.

 

“Jongin.”

 

“Hm?” Jongin hummed in reply, wrenching the knob of the sink to turn it off.

 

“Do you think we’ll always be like this?”

 

“Like what?” Jongin said, untying the apron and hanging it on a hook next to the stove.

 

“Like this.” Seulgi bluntly stated, swallowing the last of her breakfast. “You know, like how we are.”

 

Jongin let out a soft chuckle, leaning back on the counter. “Like happy?” 

 

Seulgi realized how unusual it sounded when verbalized but nodded, wiping the corners of with the napkin next to her plate.

 

“I don’t know,” Jongin thought. “Don’t you want us to be this way?”

 

“It’s just weird, everything seems too ideal, I don’t know- is too ideal even a thing?” She said. “Like Jongdae and Wendy fight more times in a day than I can count with my fingers, Suho and Irene have their fair share of arguments too even over the pettiest things, and we, even after two years—“ She cut herself off.

 

“We what?” Jongin raised an eyebrow. “Don’t?”

 

“… Yeah.” She reluctantly answered.

 

Jongin smiled, gritting his teeth to hold in laughter as he walked closer to Seulgi and sat at the edge of the table she was seated behind. “Seulgi.”

 

“Jongin.”

 

“We’re late again because of you, because you choose to be completely irresponsible and insensitive and frankly, just rude— don’t you understand how important my job is or you’re just going to keep acting like the world should revolve around you and your selfish decisions??” Jongin suddenly burst, throwing his hands in the air, his tone and expression rid of any of the bubbly brightness Kim Jongin always radiated with.

 

Seulgi was left staring.

 

“See, I could choose to say that.” Jongin pointed out, voice completely switching back to normal. “But instead I’d choose to say, Seulgi, love let’s be earlier tomorrow okay?” He said, taking Seulgi’s hand in his. “And you’d say?”

 

“Okay…” Seulgi responded, still puzzled. “I’m sorry..?”

 

“Yes, exactly. And that’s why we don’t fight. ” He nodded, giving her hand a gentle squeeze. “That’s why we’re happy.”

 

Seulgi stared back at his smiling face.

 

“But if you’re unhappy with being happy, you could just let me know.” Jongin joked.

 

Seulgi furrowed his eyebrows at him, and pushed herself off the seat. “Maybe later, but now we have to go cause as you said we’re late and today, it’s your fault.” She rode along.

 

“Okay,” Jongin laughed, easily accepting her statement. “My fault today. Okay.”

 

Seulgi laughed along too, deciding to choose to be grateful instead as she let the boy she was happy with— she’s been happy with for over two years guide her out of their apartment and off to another day of the career that she’s been beyond happy doing as well.

 

 

 

 

 

Author’s Note

I’m back!!!!!!!!! I am so, so, so sorry the update took so long. I’ve been pretty dry of any ideas, and inspiration and lol, I hope I could get it back soon. I changed the foreword by the way but included it in this chapter hihi. Basically this chapter was for you guys to see the ~mechanics~ of Seulgi & Jongin's relationship now (finally they're in an actual relationship). And see how much has changed in comparison to how they used to be. Sooooo, how’d you like it so far? And how’s the Love Me Right era treating everyone? Cause I for one, a Kai stan, is dying.

 

Or am I already dead.

 

Is this heaven, does my angel have pink hair?

 

Or did I go to hell and end up with a demon.

 

 

HAHAHAHAH yeah. Anyhow, I already have a basic plot in mind for Soulmate but adding details and organizing it seems to be the difficult part especially since I really want to make it as great as it can be since this is the last installment. So yeah, I hope you guys can be patient with me. I’m turning 19 on Saturday (gross) and I was hoping I could get an even better chapter written by then. 

 

Oh, & thank you to everyone who subscribed!! I have new children again, damn our family’s growing too fast hahaha. I’ll leave you guys with a SeulKai video edited by one of your sisters, she makes a lot of them actually and I hope you can support and watch them and get as much joy from them as much as I have. This is the Love Me Right inspired one. Enjoy, and see you guys soon! 

 

PS. I've been posting more on my livejournal account now, here it is if you guys want to read a few of the trash I write at the most random times. http://www.maknaetrash.livejournal.com