Budding with Chi-Maek !

Please Eat With Me!

"The weather is so stuffy!" Jin-Ah skipped out of the dessert shop, fanning herself. "In America, our summer is often sunny and warm..." Nam Joon looked at Jin-AH in amaze, "Ya, I am from America." Jin-Ah eyesmiled, extreme eyesmiled. Jin-Ah and Nam Joon started walking side by side, leaving Jin at the back. Nam Joon have been very interested in the USA culture, and to Jin-Ah, this could be the best detail out of all. She really liked Nam Joon. "Nam Joon-nim, so where are we going?" She asked shyly as they walked down the street. 

"My studio." Nam Joon replied proudly, leading the way. 

Jin-Ah slowed down to Jin's distance, "For real? He has a studio? Totally daebak!" Heart bubbles formed in front of her eyes. 

"Studio apartment, pabo..." Jin pushed Jin-Ah's forehead with his finger, "So looking so obsessed, it's creepy.." Jin caught a quick frown by Jin-Ah and she ran off to Nam Joon. He sighed. 

Just a walking distance, they reached the building Nam Joon stayed in, 

                                        

Nam Joon opened the door and invited them in, "A little messy because I don't care." He smirked, kicking the 'stuff' on the floor away to make way for them. 

"Ya, I thought I tidied them for you just 2 weeks ago?" Jin nagged, "What have you been doing these days.. Oh god." Jin-Ah tapped Jin's shoulder several times to stop him from continuing. Jin moved away and started clearing the mess everywhere. 

"It's ok, it's fine." Jin-Ah eased the atmosphere a little, "Jin, Nam Joon-nim~ Let's start the discussion.." She suggested. Nam Joon removed the oversized shirt and threw it onto the sofa, in his black singlet. "Omo!" Jin-Ah turned away covering her eyes. Nam Joon pat her head, cute. 

"So what songs are you guys planning to do?" Nam Joon did not care much and proceed to his table. "Korean? English?" 

"One Last Time, by Ariana Grande! I thought it would be suitable for our voices, we will the acoustics version..." Jin-Ah commented. "And I like the lyrics.." She bite her lips. "It's meaningful.. To you." She grinned, "I mean, me!" 

Jin stopped and looked up, "But I was thinking of doing a trot song, I mean, it's special that way." He took out his phone and started searching. "This one, by Hong Jin Young, 'Cheer Up', I think it's a meaningful song!" Nam Joon supported Jin's idea and it quickyl turned into a heated discussion. 

"You clearly have prejudice with the song I picked because you are not fluent in English and you have no idea of the meaning of the song!" Jin-Ah rebutted Jin for saying that she has no respect for her own roots. "All you know is to be traditional and it is not helpful for the performance at all!" Jin-Ah did not want to lose. Nam Joon stepped in and stopped Jin-Ah, holding her shoulders and pulling her back, towards himself. "Don't touch me, I..." 

"Ok fine! Let's just try out, so what if it doesn't work out, it will be YOUR choice so how about that?" Jin gave in. Nam Joon kept his hands on one shoulder each to calm them down. "Nam Joon, please help come out the sound track, thanks..." Jin left the house for awhile. 

Jin-Ah sighed, "Sorry Nam Joon for being.. Like that." She sat down on the sofa, "I am just trying to give my best for this performance, but I didn't know that it will turn out this way..." Jin-Ah was so embarassed by herself and thought that Nam Joon would dislike her for that, and because so  she was about to cry. 

"No worries, when he is back, just try to talk nicely to him." Nam Joon said, "He has never blew up like this before, you are the first, I am impressed." He chuckled. "Let's go, I know where he is going..." Nam Joon picked up his tee and wore back right in front of Jin-Ah's eyes, she covered her eyes and ran to the door. 

They left the house.

                                                    

Jin gulped down half mug of beer. "Please eat with me?" Jin-Ah stood in front of him, grabbing on her bag's sling to hide her nervousness. "And chicken.." She blinked. 

"Sit." Jin offered. 

"Hyung... You.. ok?" Nam Joon concerned. 

"Jin... I am sorry for what I've said, I didn't mean it. I mean, it's just my bad temper." Jin-Ah looked down, pulling her ear and sulked. Jin looked up at her and grinned. "Am I forgiven? Can I eat now?" She bite her lips again. His aura showed yes, she grabbed a chair and a drumstick at the same time, she nipped the chicken from the outer to the inner, crispy to tender. Fragrance from the batter and candied juice of the chicken, her tongue played the meat in between the teeth. One sip of the cold beer. "Chi-Maek, Chi-Maek, Chi-Maek!" She sang. 

Nam Joon picked up a piece of the spicy flavored chicken, boneless and easy to eat. Biting through the syrupy spicy sauce and crunchy battered layer, his teeth reached the inside part of the chicken chunk. Tender, soft, sweet, the mixed of flavour with the spicy sauce exploded within the mouth, one more bite and it turned volcanic. Addictive and soothing after a sip of beer. Smiling and nodding as if he is the host of a food show. Jin-Ah looked at his smiley face and smiled, "Try this" leaving the fried one on his plate. 

Jin pinched and tore the chicken chunk into two pieces, blowing to cool it, he put it into the mouth, staining the lips. Munching and embracing the aroma and flavour of the chicken, adding a dice of radish and chewing thoroughly. His expression full of delight, picking up another piece and put in his mouth, nodding to Nam Joon for the taste they always liked. 

"I am sorry for what I said too, we promised to work hard and do this well together, and I slipped my mind for such a small matter." Jin apologized. 

Jin-Ah pulled Jin's hand over and shook hands with him, "So we are best friends now then! Nam Joon-nim, you are the witness, we will not fight again!" Jin-Ah promised. 

They continued eating and eating, drinking the beer bottles after bottles. 

How Jin hope that Jin-Ah can always be there with him, enjoying more food and moments. Jin-Ah clearly only had her eyes on Nam Joon, Jin being one of her close friends will have to help her become Nam Joon's girlfriend. Jin could not decide to help or, to be selfish...