02.

My Angel [SUGAKOOK]

   It was as if a knight in shining armor had entered the room. Before Namjoon could land a hard punch, (he'd already pulled his arm back) something ceased him from continuing. 

   Jungkook could only remember snippets.

   There was a boy with cherry-blossom pink hair. He looked mystical. Extravagant. Angelic.

   And that boy stopped six foot tall Namjoon who everyone not only worshipped but feared. 

   From punching him. The nerd. The one everyone hated. The one everyone thought little of. Jeon Jungkook.

   When did he even come in...?

   Jungkook's mouth gaped open as Namjoon released his iron grip and allowed him to crash to the floor in an ungraceful heap. The bully whirled around to face his new opponent, who appeared chill and nonchalant in comparison.

   Despite being smaller than Namjoon, he looked rather confident and full of...what do they call it? Oh, swag.

   "Who the are you?" Namjoon squared his jaw and loudly cracked his knuckles, looking the pink-haired boy up and down.

   The boy merely cracked a smile, before letting his face drop back into its original state. "I'd ask you the same."

   The crowd whispered amongst themselves. Jungkook, even in his dazed situation, could capture a few words like, "Who hasn't heard of Namjoon?" "Isn't he the new kid?" 

   Namjoon scowled, his eyebrows knit together. A drop of perspiration trickled down his neck and plopped onto the tiled floors of the cafeteria. As soon as the droplet grazed the ground, he threw a swift punch at the boy's face. His veins, disgustingly, were visible and popping from how much force he put into the jab. The crowd, including Jungkook, simultaneously held a collective breath.

   The pink-haired boy, surprisingly, dodged the punch with ease. And just by leisurely side-stepping. Jungkook swore he saw the corner of his mouth tilt upwards. Ever so slightly. He grasped Namjoon's outstretched and exposed arm without trying and twisted with a simple flick of his wrist.

   Namjoon cried out in terror as he was thrown and sailed through the air. A loud thud could be heard from the impact as he landed heavily (more like crashed) into a gray table. His group of friends pushed through the crowd roughly, most likely to check if he was fine. They huddled beside him, looking angrier than ever.

   The cherry-blossom boy suppressed a low chuckle of amusement, before he kneeled down beside Jungkook to offer him a hand.

   The simple act of kindness nearly made Jungkook burst into tears; no one had ever been so nice throughout his entire lifetime. He wasn't accustomed to it, especially because he was made fun of and bullied twenty four seven.

   So instead of thanking him, 'he shook  his head 'no', muttering 'I got it.' Awkwardly realizing his glasses were tilted, he tried as casually as possible to readjust his glasses.

   The boy, after observing his rescuee, smiled warmly. And with a soft, gruff voice, said, "Hey. I'm Min Yoongi; your angel."