Ch10 ~Foolproof~~

Whispers of Retribution
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10 ~Foolproof~

"They found him." Suho said as he hung up the phone call that had come in almost an hour after they started searching for Luhan.

"Can we go back to the room now?" Baekhyun asked, rubbing his eyes.

"It seems like everything is fine." Chanyeol added,  nodding his head. "I need sleep as well. This whole situation has exhausted me."

Suho didn't reply, but led them from the basement of the hotel to the ground floor.

"I can't remember if we paid for our room or not." Suho murmured, approaching the front desk.

A very annoyed looking manager was muttering to another man and Gu Seojin.  

"They don't look very approachable, do they?" Kai whispered, walking to the other boys at the front desk, D.O and Kris behind them.

"Guess you got the phonecall too." D.O yawned.

"Yeah."

"Yongguk sounded a fair bit strange though, didn't he?" Kris said, taking out his wallet.

"What about Tao and Chen and Lay?" Baekhyun asked, looking around them confusedly.

"Did Yongguk call them as well?" Kai asked, edging around the front desk, the others automatically following suit, glancing furtively towards the manager.  

"Definitely don't want beef with him." D.O muttered.

"Only way to find out is if you ask him, but he hung up too quickly for me to ask any additional questions." Suho told them, pressing the buttons to the elevator,  shifting between his feet.

"Why don't we just give it a shot? Go to the presidential suite like we originally planned.  Someone might have left the keys for us or already entered.

"Good plan." Kris agreed,  stepping in first, holding the door as the rest of the group stepped in.

They hit the button to the suite floors, which apparently was one from the top.

D.O pulled Kai forward, who was constantly looking around as if trying to search for something.  D.O felt a surge of jealousy that Kai wasn't paying undivided attention to him, but kept quiet. With all that had happened,  this was something completely unnecessary.  

When they reached the presidential suite,  Chanyeol stepped forward,  ringing the doorbell hesitantly.  

No one answered.

He rang the doorbell again, harder than the first time, even though he knew that nothing good would come out of it if some rich man was there on a vacation. Not to mention, no matter how hard he pushed the doorbell, the sound wouldn't get any louder.

"Try to knock?" Kai whispered,  though he didn't look to sure.

D.O pushed forward and banged on the door with his fist.

"Okay, sto-" Baekhyun started to say just as the door swung open.

"Tao!" Suho gasped with much relief, him and Kris pushing forward to look him over.

"I'm fine." He said, moving away from the door leading them to the living room area where Lay and Chen were sat quietly,  not meeting anyone's eyes.

"Did something happen?" Suho asked worry in his voice, glancing around trying to gauge the situation. But none of them answered.  Even Tao remained quiet. He looked like he was in a terrible mood, while Chen and Lay didn't look any better.

"Okay you are all freaking me out with this atmosphere." Kris warned, sitting down next to Tao.

"He knows something. Clearly." Suho sighed, rubbing his temples.  

Kai and D.O sat down on a different couch, while the others went to look into the rooms for their luggage.

"It's all here!" Baekhyun shouted from one of the suite rooms.

"Yeah." Lay finally spoke up once Baekhyun and Chanyeol sat down with them.

"We got here a little earlier because Tao said that we could stop looking for Luhan. I don't know why, or what weird connection he has with Luhan that he knew that, but we didn't argue since when Tao says something with that kind of conviction..."

"We automatically listen." Chen added, glancing sideways to Lay, who nodded to him. Tao still hadn't said a word, and stood up, walking away from the group to enter one of the rooms.

"He's been doing that a lot tonight." Lay said softly, sighing sadly.

"I think we need to reanalyze the situation and move from there." Suho said, standing up, beginning to pace between the other boys.

"Okay, so Xiumin is still with Yongguk's group I take it?" Suho asked, counting his thoughts on his hand, slowly ticking them off one by one.

"When Yongguk called us he sounded like death, to be honest." Kris said, turning to Kai and D.O who nodded agreement.  

"He just said Luhan is alive and safe." D.O murmured quietly as he thought back.

"It's just the way he said it. The way his voice shook." Kai added.

"Wouldn't that be normal? Maybe he was just relieved..." Suho trailed off knowing that that wasn't the case.

"When I spoke to him he sounded exhausted. I wonder if that's after he called you?" Suho asked, taking out his phone while Kris did the same.

"He called you guys first." Suho said, pointing to the time on the call from Yongguk.  

"Did he not call your group at all?" Chanyeol asked confused, aiming towards Lay and Chen who both had their eyes closed whilst leaning against each other.  

Chen blinked one eye open as he answered Chanyeol.  

"Mmmm." He mumbled, closing his eyes again.

"No." Lay said for Chen,  not bothering to open his eyes at all.

"Okay, and what about Sehun." Kai finally plucked up the courage to ask.

"Yongguk didn't mention Sehun though." Suho said slowly, as the realisation hit him.

"Was he not with Sehun then?" Kris wondered out loud.

"This is all just... too much." Chanyeol groused, his eyes flashing for a moment. "I honestly don't even want to go back to camp in the morning. I can't be bothered to be around a bunch of childish kids who have nothing to worry about." He stood up and stomped from the living room, Baekhyun scampering after him to whisper consolation to him.

"How did our luggage get here anyway?" D.O asked curiously, standing up to stretch.

Chen popped his eyes open again, a grin appearing on his face. "Some handsome Hyung brought it to us."

Lay smiled and opened his eyes too. "Mmm. He didn't talk though.  He just brought it all in, smiling at us, then he left."

"My stomach hurts." Kris said randomly, groaning. He shut his eyes, lying down on the large couch shivering a bit.

Suho covered Kris with a blanket from the closet, then turned off the lights.

"Let's get some rest. Xiumin may or may not stay with Yongguk, but Yongguk is older than us so he can take good care of Xiumin no matter what." Suho said, leading the rest out of the room, tucking the blanket under Kris to keep him warm as he left.

"Let's hope tomorrow is better." Kai said, as he and D.O went to a separate room for the night.

Chen and Lay went to Tao's room bowing to Suho goodnight.  Suho nodded then went to the window, thinking.  It seemed that he would be the Guardian without really being told to. But he was going to figure out a way to protect everyone if he could. He was going to have to call for reinforcements. People he could trust to remain unshakeable on their side. He grabbed another blanket from the cupboard, climbing onto the window seat as he thought. As his eyes began to slowly close, he didn't fight it letting sleep fall to him.

~~~~~~

"I think we're lucky that Sehun was there." Xiumin was the first to speak up from where the three of them were back at the beach sitting comfortably with eachother. L.Joe, having needed a calm atmosphere had suggested to go there. The stars were clear and sparkling over the calm ocean, the smooth waves lapping and purring at the shoreline. L.Joe had his feet dipping into the water, as his head rested on his knees. Yongguk was glaring at the sky as if it was the sky's fault, and Xiumin was trying to find comfort in an uncontrollable situation.  

"That man would have likely killed Luhan if Sehun hadn't done what he did, he might have killed everyone in the room as witnesses if he had got away with it. If you think about it, Sehun saved all our lives." Xiumin wrapped his arms around himself as he spoke.

"I think we all need to pretend that never happened. I don't know what Bokdong, Sangtae and Ilhun will do, but we need to make sure all of us just forget this occurred.  For the safety of us and Sehun and the others. Zelo is probably freaking out." Yongguk growled unhappily, throwing a shell he found back into the ocean.

L.Joe clutched his knees tighter, then chuckled into his chest, "I got him too. I helped." He smirked as he looked up at the two of them. "It actually happened a lot in school, everyone tried to step on me because I seemed the type to allow being stepped on, but then I squished them. I stepped on them with much more force. They never bothered me after that."

"I'm so tired. This day has been like... the worst I've ever experienced in my whole life. I feel as if I'm living in two different worlds." Xiumin said, shivering a bit, his finger pausing the drawing he had been making in the sand.

"Are we all going back to the suite they were talking about?" Yongguk asked, looking towards the ocean instead, his eyebrows creased in thought. "Don't you think it will be too crowded with nine people there already?" Xiumin said, standing up and dusting off the sand from his shorts. L.Joe stood up too, holding out a hand to help Yongguk, who stood up gratefully.

"I'll pay for our own room." L.Joe offered, taking out his wallet to make sure he had his credit card.

"Will they accept it from us kids?" Xiumin asked doubtfully.  

"I'll pay. L.Joe put away your money. Save it for something more important." Yongguk said gently, "thank you for offering at all."

L.Joe nodded slowly, putting away his wallet again.

When they went to the front desk, only Gu Seojin stood there, looking a mixture between exhausted and annoyed.  

"How can I help you boys?" He asked, standing up to greet them.

"A room please." Yongguk spoke up, taking out his wallet and card. It was swiped without affair and they got their keys.

"In the morning we'll check up on room 1587." Yongguk told them as he ed his shirt.

L.Joe swiped the key and opened the door, holding it opened for the two of them.

"Agreed." Xiumin said, leaving on only his boxers as he climbed into the bed. L.Joe did the same, then Yongguk,  after double locking their door, he climbed into the bed as well, sighing in defeat.

"Do you think there was any blood on the carpet?" L.Joe wondered sleepily. But neither of the two answered him, and L.Joe decided to forget he asked.

~~~~~~

Zelo didn't know how long he waited before he dared to look behind him. There was blood on the carpet, staining the floor as well as the perfect illusion that someone hadn't just died there. Regardless of that, Zelo couldn't help but feel he owed Sehun a life debt. It was probably not the first time. Considering Sehun hadn't killed Luhan yet, Zelo realised he owed Sehun way too much to even pay him back for. Luhan had fallen asleep in his arms, but Zelo wasn't the least bit surprised.  His twin did that a lot, pretending that nothing was wrong while his Hyung was holding him. The illusion was so strong that Luhan tended to believe it while in his own little world.  

Zelo feared what would happen when Luhan would wake up back and fresh to reality. Ilhun had explained to him that Luhan hadn't been speaking,  which of course, Zelo was prepared for. His worry was the length of time Luhan would remain boxed up in himself. He was afraid of the lack of communication he had and what it would be like when they were forced to return to camp.

When Zelo turned around completely,  he saw the apprehension in Ilhun's eyes and the way he continuously paced the room. For him, he had just seen something that he had been running away fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter