Ch9 ~Gege Gamster~

Whispers of Retribution
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9 ~GeGe Gamster~

It turned out that a lot could go wrong, and very quickly at that. Kyumin had thought he would be fine with not having to speak, especially since his family's butler had found him on the way to the cab station and had insisted he come along. Which of course, was perfectly fine with Kyumin. The less he needed to be sociable, the better. He leaned back in his seat, staring out the window with his eyes half open. It was sometimes these lazy times that he enjoyed the most. His earphones were stuffed into his lobes as far as they could go, and his bag at his side, Kyumin would have easily said that this was an easy thing to do. But then he started to think about behind the scenes. How did his family's butler know to find him,  and then where to take him.

He bolted upright in his seat, his heart hammering painfully in his chest. He glanced towards the front of the car and then it hit him. Kyumin didn't recognise the driver.  He had been so self absorbed, Kyumin did not realise the driver was not his family's. The resemblance though was startling. This was all set up beforehand, Kyumin understood slowly.  It dawned in him that he was ridimg with a total stranger. Panicking,  Kyumin started fiddling with the buttons to open the door.

"Don't bother. It's childproofed. It will only open from the other side."

Kyumin slumped into his chair, staring out the window. He should have been more careful!

"Sorry, kid. I'm just following instructions.  The commander was afraid you'd change your mind, so he had someone come and get you. He told me your new wardrobe is already in your room at camp."

If the man was expecting an answer, he never got one. Kyumin's heart calmed down when he realised he wasn't being kidnapped. Not really, anyway.

The driver, feeling out Kyumin's gloomy mood, left him alone, for which Kyumin was eternally grateful.  He should have taken this experience with closed eyes, Kyumin thought, but he had walked into something he wasn't the least bit prepared for, he had underestimated his mission; that was nobody's fault but his own.

Kyumin didn't recall falling asleep. But it was quite soon afterward that the driver was tapping on his shoulder, alerting him to his surroundings once more. Immediately,  Kyumin shifted away from the man's touch, unused to the physical interaction with anyone but his mother.  Again, the butler left him alone, showing him the way out.

Kyumin scuttled away from him, grabbing his pitiful rucksack closer to him. The boys around him certainly looked dressed to kill, in an informal type of way. He almost turned back when he saw some of them with golf sticks. Was it seriously that type of crowd?

At least the signs were helpful,  leading him towards the administrative office with smiles and sunshine. Kyumin frowned, he was suddenly thankful that the Captain had bought him a new wardrobe. With his modestly shabby clothes, he was gaining a lot of unwanted attention, and he hadn't even gotten to the office yet!

He missed a step, flying forward... into someone's arms? He gasped, quickly standing up, avoiding eye contact with the boy. He bowed numerous times in thanks, and once more scurried towards the large staircase leading to the office windows. He bit his lip when he noticed that most of the boys had taken a route unlike his own. They were sat comfortably in the cool air conditioned office, while he had gone to the outdoor office. Or rather, as he glanced around, a bead of sweat falling from Kyumin's forehead, a shortcut office? A window shabby office? Regardless of what it was, it seemed to be the same place the others were at.

He stepped forward, calling attention to the girl behind the desk. She glared severely at him when Kyumin remained quiet. Quickly, and hopefully,  Kyumin turned around to where the butler had been only moments ago, but now, the man was nowhere to be seen.

"What do you need?" She snapped, when others called attention to her from other directions in the office.

"Are you mute or something?" She growled, clearly annoyed at being surrounded by so many of her opposite . "Or are you dumb?"

Kyumin stared at her in shock, enraged at the tear that slipped from his eye.

"Both. It's both. I'm dealing with idiots here." She rolled her eyes subjectively, about to turn her head away when suddenly, a voice stopped her.

"He's not dumb. In fact, whatever he is, it's certainly not your place to speak like that to the campers. I think I will get you fired for such audacity." Another boy, Kyumin couldn't tell his age, stepped forward, placing an arm around Kyumin's shoulder. Kyumin went rigid, but the boy didn't seem to notice.

"Send us the manager please." The boy said authoritatively,  leaving no room for argument.  The girl stiffened, her cheeks colouring. Many of the boys within the office started snickering, but Kyumin could not find it in him to pity her. A tall male walked forward, an even bigger frown on his face than the girl had had. Kyumin automatically backed away, but the boy moved his hand to Kyumin's waist, pulling him closer.

"What's the problem young master?" The man asked, bowing stiffly.

"I'd like you to reconsider your staff." The boy said softly, and for a reason Kyumin didn't know, he sounded even scarier that way. The manager shifted uneasily, as if he didn't want to follow the instructions but knew he had no choice.

Kyumin stared in wonder as the boy's glare intensified.

"You're fired." The manager finally muttered, then waited as the girl huffed, taking her bag and leaving the office. The background had gone completely silent as all the boys and other workers gazed in amazement at what had just happened.  

"Now down to politics." The boy continued.  "His name is Lee Kyumin. He will be in my room along with the other boys."

The manager's mouth opened and closed in dismay, but nothing came out.

Kyumin stayed rooted to the spot as the other boy wheeled around and started walking. It took the other about thirty seconds to realise that Kyumin wasn't following him. He turned around again, and pulled Kyumin to him by wrapping an arm around his shoulder.

"Jang Hanbyul ibnida." Was all he said.

Kyumin let Hanbyul lead him to wherever the other wanted to go. He had so many questions,  but the two most dominant ones were: how did Hanbyul know his name, and how was he supposed to follow Oh Sehun around if Hanbyul would stay at his side?

~~~~~~

Oh Ilhun had to hand it to his dongsaeng. Never in all his seventeen young years of life did he see his brother act the way he did. Hong Sangtae had to sedate Sehun because he refused to calm down, his yelling and screaming making things harder for Luhan rather than better. Ilhun knew that if Sehun actually got a chance, he would likely kill Woobin. Or maybe, he would go straight to the top and kill their father.

Sehun had once asked him how he became a doctor so young, and Ilhun had explaine that their father had tried to train Ilhun as the eldest son to take over the position of leader, but Ilhun had refused after he had seen what his father really did. It was almost too late for him to go back to a normal life. But because of what Ilhun had done,  Sehun was trained right when he could walk. Their father didn't want to take any more chances. As soon as Ilhun had seen that Sehun had to do it instead, he started to learn about medical things. Ilhun didn't know of any other way to even out between evil and good.  He knew nothing could make up for what Sehun had to do in his stead, and when Ilhun was twelve, and Sehun nine, Ilhun escaped from the fortress. Ilhun had left Sehun a secret code to figure out for how to find him, but when five years had passed and Ilhun hadn't heard a word, he thought that maybe his dongsaeng had given up on the search.

But as Ilhun watched Sehun out cold in a fierce embrace with Luhan, he felt a lump in his throat grow for how much Sehun had been deprived of. Sehun had never blamed it on him, but deep down Ilhun was sure Sehun's subconscious blamed him to this day.

Luhan opened his eyes every so often, and every time he saw Sehun in his bed, a funny look came over his face. It was Bokdong who had noticed this that finally asked. "Do you not like people in your bed Luhan?"

A new spark formed into Luhan's eyes and his eyes met with Bokdong’s.  He blinked.

"Maybe we should remove Sehun while he's still asleep?" Sangtae whispered softly, uncertainly,  looking at Sehun's hyung for confirmation.  

But Luhan responded for them. He turned away from the others and cuddled into Sehun's chest, his thumb sneaking into his mouth childlike.

The others were stunned into silence.

"I honestly don't know what to do." Ilhun sighed, rubbing his temples.

"Call his hyung." Bokdong murmured, rubbing at his wounds wistfully. "It's probably the best thing you can do for him."

Sangtae sat down next to Bokdong and rubbed his back. Bokdong smiled softly in appreciation as Ilhun nodded thoughtfully. "It'll be the last number dialed on Sehun’s phone. So just press redial." Bokdong instructed to the older boy.

Ilhun glanced at Sehun nervously, intimidated for some reason. But then he looked at Luhan and chased away the feeling. He grabbed up Sehun’s phone, about to dial the number.  

Sniffles distracted him, as did the hand on his. Startled, he looked up to see Sehun stood right there, a desperate pleading look on his face.

"I thought you were sleeping..." Ilhun tried to explain, but Sehun didn't seem to hear.

"Hyung, jebal andwae..." Sehun begged him.

Ilhun had to grip the phone in shock to prevent it slipping from his fingers. His dongsaeng was begging for something. If the situation wasn't such a terrible broken one, Ilhun might have reconsidered. He Sehun's cheek gently, shaking his head sadly.

"Luhan needs his twin now. He needs a familiar in such a time where his mind is like that."

"He has me!" Sehun cried, but he knew he was fighting a losing battle. Sehun ignored Ilhun then, going back to Luhan, purposefully turning his back away from Ilhun and the others. And only Luhan knew that Sehun cried when his brother said "Your dongsaeng needs you..."

Sehun blocked out all other thoughts unwilling to remain awake in the fear that they would make him move from Luhan's side if he wasn't asleep. Eventually, Sehun's erratic breathing evened out despite him remaining awake. Sehun expected the whispers to start, but forced himself to remain relaxed to keep up pretenses.

"Why is he being like that?" Bokdong asked of Sangtae, whom hadn't left his side since earlier. "I owe him so much..."

The room was quiet for a moment as the others seemed to be thinking about what Bokdong had said. Sehin was itching to turn around and see their facial expressions, but knew the moment he so much as twitched they would stop their conversation.

Sehun couldn't prevent his ears from perking up, when Sangtae responded, his voice much lower than Bokdong's had been.

"Treasure him, and protect what he treasures." Sangtae whispered, with which Ilhun responded "Amen."

The doorbell rang, making Sehun squirm.  

"That must be Zelo." Ilhun said in relief. He opened the door just as Sehun screamed "WAIT!" But it was too late, the door was opened with a massive force, pushing Ilhun onto his backside. The man though, didn't seem to consider Ilhun a threat. He moved straight towards the sleeping Luhan.

Sehun dodged out of the way, flipping upside down, turning Luhan over and pushing him off the bed. He figured a Luhan in pain was better than a dead Luhan. The man had a gun out, but he hadn't shot more than once to scare them.  Sehun didn't want to kill him till he got some information. Ilhun started to get up, but Sehun shook hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter