Fought Through It

Avalanche

Wonshik has been calling Hongbin's name for nearly 20 minutes when he finally showed up. He was in is muscle tee, his hair was messy but he was still that gorgeous Hongbin he remembers last night.

     "W-wonshik? Did you ran away?" he said while unlocking the gate.

     "No, silly!" he said and hugged Hongbin tight. "Let's go to my house."

     "No..." Hongbin hesitated and loosen his grip.

     "Trust me on this. Please..."

Hongbin still has that hesitating look. He remember last night clearly. "No..."

     "Hongbin... please." 

Hongbin didn't budge. 

Wonshik sighed, "Okay. You want to hear my answer to your question last night? Fine..." he took a deep breath.

     "The first time we met, I felt something. Yes, I pity you but who wouldn't? Considering how difficult your situation is, please understand that it's perfectly normal. But I wanted to be your friend. When we met, I finally made a move. But it's different. Everything was so fast, I understand but I feel something. It's different. If I wanted you as a friend I would've texted you instead. But I want to see you. Everyday, every morning and the moment before I sleep. I don't understand how love works but I think it just stung me at this moment." 

He was so sincere and Hongbin felt that. Wonshik was looking straight into his eyes which made everything better. He remembered back then, he was just thinking about moments like this with Wonshik and now it's happening. He doesn't want this to end.

     "Will you please come with me to my house? Let me prove to you how love doesn't work plainly on the time you spent together but rather how you spent your time together." Wonshik said.

Hongbin finally said yes. They prepared a simple clothes for him because he was gorgeous enough as it is. They went to Wonshik's house to talk over lunch. Hongbin was so nervous before stepping a foot inside Wonshik's house because of what happened the night before. He nearly wished the floor to swallow him to escape the situation and now he's back again to where it happened and the people who made it happen.

 

Wonshik's mother emerge from the front door and smiled at Hongbin. "Come in." she said waving her hand. Hongbin was surprised about how different the atmosphere is compared to last night. He wasn't complaining but he wasn't enjoying either. He held Wonshik's hand even though he was sitting. 

Mr. Kim and Wonshik's grandmother was waiting at the dining table and welcomed him with a bright smile. Wonshik settled Hongbin beside him. He then cleared his throat.

     "Let's eat? We're starving." Wonshik smiled. He acted as if nothing happened last night, Hongbin thought. What happened?

     "Here Hongbin, have some of this. This is really good." Mr. Kim offered first. Hongbin took some soup from the Kimchi Stew and nodded stating he liked it. "Thank you." He smiled. He only tried the foods they were offering. 

     "Eat, Hongbin. You have to be healthy specially now that you have to start taking care of a very naughty boy." Mrs. Kim joked followed by Mr. Kim and Wonshik's grandmother's laugh.

Hongbin hardly got what she was trying to say. Is it true? Did she just indirectly agreed to what Wonshik offered the night before? He was confused with everything. His mouth dropped open and faced Wonshik. Wonshik caught up and faced Hongbin, grinning. 

     "Hongbin..." Wonshik said with his calmest voice.

     "They're allowing us to take care of each other. We'll fix my transferee papers to Busan National University in the next few days but right now, we'll live in the same house. That is, if you wants us to."

Hongbin looked around. Everything is so fast. Is this true? Why? How?

     "Hongbin..." Mrs. Kim stood up and went near him. "I know you're hesitating right now, and i'm truly sorry for what I've done. It's my fault why you're hesitant but please? Do it for my son?"

Everyone was waiting for his answer. They did something wrong to both Hongbin and Wonshik and it could affect their relationship and how Hongbin sees things right now. They were expecting for the worse specially they're thinking about how Wonshik would feel. Mrs. Kim felt guilty and she thought it would be very impossible for him to say...

     "Yes."

Everyone was shocked. They didn't get a chance to smile because they were trying to understand what he just said.

     "Y-yes? You will?" Wonshik double-checked what he heard.

     "Yes. I will live with you. In my house of course." He giggled.

They all cheered for the lovely couple. They arranged Wonshik's things and got him ready to move out. They promised to visit during weekdays. It wasn't just an andvantage to Wonshik but an advantage for Hongbin as well. Wonshik would curse himself knowing that Hongbin's alone and wheneve he needs help he can't call out someone to help. Specially now that he knows what he feels for Hongbin, he will not let Hongbin live by himself. He will always choose this decision, he thought.

 

"So... ready to live together..." he smiled.

 

"....boyfriend?"