Goodbye

Avalanche
"YES!"
 
With the cue, the whole Rehabilitation room was lit up. Everyone he knows were there. Wonshik hugged him and he hugged Wonshik back. This was the happiest moment of their relationship. Finally, they can see the future for the both of them. They can finally say that they will last a life time.
 
Everyone gave their own congratulations. It was as if they got married. The room's set up plus a buffet for everyone who participated, it was all too much for a proposal.
 
"When did you plan this?" Hongbin asked all smiles.
 
Wonshik looked up like he was thinking and grin, "2 days ago?" he smiled.
 
"But this is all too much!" Hongbin pouted. Wonshik leaned and kissed him. "If it's for you, it's never too much."
 
Everyone cleared their throat. "Save that for the honeymoon!" they laughed. They are all happy for the both of them. It was such a happy moment for the couple. They all stayed and told stories for hours and everything was like a reception. They danced after but of course, Hongbin and Wonshik stayed seated. They told funny stories and imagines of what it would be like in the near future. They savoured the moment as if it was their last.
 
Even on the way home, Hongbin and Wonshik were inseparable.
 
"Would you like it if we come back to your house? I mean, if we'll get married, we can't stay in our house."
 
"That sounds good, dear. But we need assistance."
 
Wonshik sighed and threw his head back. "Why do we have to worry about that?"
 
"We have to." Hongbin said firmly.
 
"Okay, okay. Then we'll call them every now and then. Is that okay?"
 
"Yes. And maybe we could hire a personal nurse. For the both of us!" Hongbin said, excited.
 
Wonshik smiled and nodded. "It'll be perfect."
 
 
 
They prepared for bed and lay down, looking at the blank ceiling, imagining their own scenarios.
 
"I still can't believe you surprised me like that." Hongbin said smiling.
 
Wonshik faced him. "I love you so much. I love you, I love you, I love you. And I will never get tired of saying that."
 
Hongbin looked at him. He was about to tear up. "Wonshik... I'm scared."
 
Wonshik sat up, worried. "About what?"
 
Hongbin the sat up too, facing Wonshik. "That this won't last. I love you so so much and this is the happiest moment of my life. I've finally secured you into my life. I don't want to share you, I don't want you talking in a sweet way to other people, I don't even want you to look at them."
 
"Hongbin," Wonshik said caressing his face, "I will never, ever, replace you with anyone. Don't be scared. I'm right here, for lifetime. I will stay by your side like how you stayed by me." Wonshik said and planted a kiss on Hongbin's soft lips.
 
"I love you."
 
Hongbin smiled. "I love you too."
 
They stared at each other's eyes for a long time. They realize how both of them are scared. Scared of losing each other. They love each other so much that time can't define it. They have shared something special and for over 3 years, they experienced challenges not all couples of few years have already experienced. They're different. Their love story is something special. It tested their faith and how much they love each other. No one budge. No one gave up on each other. No one left.
 
They faced a lot of problems for the past few years. It makes them happier that now, finally, they're official. They will never leave each other's side and nothing makes them happier than this moment. 
 
Wonshik kissed Hongbin good night and fell into slumber in each other's arms.
 
 
 
Hongbin got up to make something special for Wonshik and the family. It was his first time getting up earlier than Mrs. Kim to make breakfast. He felt like he's officially part of the family considering how Mrs. Kim took Wonshik's proposal lightly. He made everything extra special. He even made the table, took out some new table napkins and placemats. It was a special morning.
 
The family got up surprised at Hongbin's cooking. It looks so good that everyone sat right away. Hongbin excused himself to wake Wonshik up.
 
Looking at how Wonshik is sleeping peacefully just made him tear up again. What made him so lucky to have this guy. He did everything he can for Hongbin. He's straight out of heaven, Hongbin thought. He made sure to wipe his tears before waking up Wonshik.
 
  "Wonshikie~" he smiled. "Wake up. I made breakfast for the whole family."
 
Wonshik smiled hearing his voice. "An angel woke me up."
 
Hongbin laughed. "Wake up now, you'll be late for school."
 
Wonshik pulled Hongbin in for a warm morning hug. "I love you." He whispered.
 
"I love you, too." Hongbin closed his eyes. "Now, let's get you out of bed."
 
 
Everyone enjoyed Hongbin's cooking. They joked about how it was better than Mrs. Kim's which led her to point out a few pointers. They were all so happy that morning. Something even Wonshik haven't seen yet. He felt peace. This was a different day.
 
Hongbin helped Wonshik out to prepare for school and led him out.
 
"Be good, okay? Don't ever look at other people. Just me." Hongbin pouted.
 
Wonshik kissed Hongbin softly. "Yes, I won't. You're the only one for me." he smiled. "I love you so much, don't forget that."
 
They hugged and Hongbin waved Wonshik goodbye.
 
Hongbin felt sad. He wasn't sure why, but seeing him leave was something sad to the point that he wanted to cry. He got back to senses and dismissed his thoughts.
 
 
He went to the Hospital like every other normal day, except he was filled with Congratulations card. Everyone was greeting him to the point that the whole Hospital could say it in unison. The nurse he talked with about Wonshik before even teared up. She was a witness of Hongbin's confusion until today, when everything is perfect. When Hongbin finally gets to be with the love of his life officially for lifetime.
 
It was a whole lot different being engaged. You have something to look out for. You know you won't separate because of his parents or any circumstances that could break the two of you off. You feel secured. You know he's yours.
 
 
 
Wonshik's classes ended early so he decided to go to the hospital. He's not feeling good. Since he missed several treatments because of school, his legs stiffens every now and then. He thought he'll go visit Hongbin too so they could work out together and of course, see him again.
 
The only thing running in Wonshik's mind was to tell Hongbin how much he loves him the moment he see Hongbin.
 
He called a cab and got in feeling so excited. He even told the driver to make it a little faster but he was caught in traffic a few blocks away from the hospital. He didn't want to wait any longer so he paid the driver and got off. He told him himself it's near, he could walk and that would be faster. Plus he'll pay more in the taxi if he chose to stay. He was justifying that it's better he went down, trying to cover up the fact that he was just really excited to see Hongbin.
 
Since last night, the two have been inseparable. It was just because he felt the same way as Hongbin. They both felt secured. They know that they will have each other for lifetime and it's up to them to make it happen.
 
When he was a few feet away, he had to cross the street for the last 10 seconds. He was deliberating if he should make a run for it or wait for the next green light. But he didn't like waiting so for the last 6 seconds left, he made a run for it. His long legs helped him cross the road easier but for the last 3 seconds, both of his feet stiffens.
 
The people around wanted to help him but it was already green light. Cars were honking and they had no choice but to turn around instead of going straight. Wonshik was struggling in getting to move his feet again. He suddenly felt in control. Little by little, his left foot was starting to move.
 
 
But fate isn't working well with him.
 
 
Just when he was about to move his right foot, a truck lost its brake. The driver was trying so hard not to freak out and control the truck so that he could turn off the engine and pull over, but Wonshik was frozen in place...and it didn't help them any further.
 
Wonshik was thrown 3 feet away from where he stood. He lost his consciousness the moment his head landed on the road. The people around him crowded up and got him help from the hospital which is blocks away from where the incident happen. Everyone started to freak as blood stream down. The truck driver tried to run away but some bystanders caught him in the act and called police to arrest him.
 
 
Wonshik was rushed to the Hospital and his family were called. Mrs. Kim broke down on the phone and freaked out. They hurriedly went to the Hospital and called Hongbin but his phone was off. He was in the middle of his exercise. The family didn't know what to do. It was as if life was playing around. Earlier, they just had the happiest morning and now the afternoon is different.
 
After a few hours, Hongbin saw Mrs. Kim's missed calls. He was about to call back when he saw Mr. Kim's text about Wonshik's accident.
 
He hurriedly went down to the Emergency room. He was sobbing looking around for Wonshik's family. He was freaking out. He was on his clutches and he had been falling down a lot of times. He pleaded the nurse to help him look for the Kim Family.
 
When he finally found them, his body gave up but he tried his best to go near them.
 
"Mrs. Kim..." he said with his voice shaking. Mrs. Kim looked up to him and hugged him so tight. "Our Wonshik...." she broked down. She can't say a thing. Hongbin was trying hard to be strong waiting for a good news.
 
"H-how is he? Any update from doctors? P-please...." his lips can't move well too. He feels so heavy he can't move a single thing from his body. His tears are streaming down. "W-what happened...please tell me...." he was pleading.
 
Mrs. Kim tried her best to speak up to tell Hongbin the update but she can't. Mr. Kim then, stood up. It was obvious how heavy he feels too but he's trying his best not to cry.
 
"A truck.... lost its brake, Hongbin. Wonshik was threw a feets away from where the truck is..... and...a-and.. his ribs were broken from the impact. It poked his heart.. and.." his tears were now streaming down. "His skull is open too." he broke down. He can't continue talking anymore.
 
Wonshik's grandma is on the side, she was weak and she can't speak too.
 
Mr. Kim got back on his feet to tell Hongbin the full news. "Hongbin...our son..Wonshik......" he sobbed. "He's gone."
 
 
Hongbin fell to the ground. He felt so heavy but everything was unrealistic.
 
"What do you mean gone? No. It can't be. He can't! Earlier, I made a breakfast for everyone, he was so happy. Everyone was so happy. Right? You were so happy right? And..and last night! Last night was magical. R-right? I sent him off this morning so I know....... No... it can't be... no... I don't believe you!!" he screamed as his tears stream down. "N-no...no....."
 
Mr. Kim tries to tell Hongbin everything.
 
"He....he was on his way to you. He was hit a few blocks away from here... direction towards you." He was sobbing in between his sentences. He was trying to talk again but he can't continue. Everyone was sobbing, hoping this was all just a bad dream.
 
Hongbin tried to stand up with his clutches so he could storm inside the Emergency room. When he got up, a body emerged from the Emergency room. The doctors pulled it near Wonshik's family. Hongbin went to the body to confirm it himself.
 
Hongbin felt crazy. He's probably joking around, isn't he? This can't be. Please. Don't be Wonshik. Please. This is the only time I'm asking you not to show up in front of me.
 
 
As Hongbin was trying to approach the body, memories flashbacked on how much he wanted to see Wonshik again.
How they met, how they started, how they had to fight through problems to be together, how it was the happiest moment last night, and how happy Wonshik is just this morning.
 
His hand was shaking, uncovering the body. As he slowly pulled it up, a familiar head was right in front of him. Just from his hair, Hongbin confirmed it. But no. He's playing tricks. Stop this Wonshik, please.
 
He gave himself a better view of Wonshik's face. Too much blood escaped from his head that after a few hours, he was pale.
He wasn't moving.
He was frozen.
He was quiet.
 
"No. Baby, please." Hongbin caressed Wonshik's face. "Baby.... stay with me. Please. No." Hongbin broke down. Everything was too much. What did he do wrong to deserve this? What did he do for him to experience all of these. He can't take it anymore.
 
He can't deny the fact. Just by a single touch, he knew everything.
 
 
 
He knew Wonshik is gone.