Turned Into Lovers

Avalanche

It's been a month since the semester started. Wonshik felt unproductive and he wasn't well motivated this sem. He doesn't feel good. He tried to distract himself through joining diferent orgs, but he's still lonely. 

 

He talks to his friends, goes to clubs and even tries to flirt. Nothing.


He was that common Seoul boy who parties. He's back in Seoul where the city life is better but he feels lonely. It wasn't like it was before. He knew something was missing but he just can't admit that it was Hongbin.

     "We just met."


He repeatedly reminded himself.


     "What happened to Ravi? You're turning soft to Wonshik." He let his head fall down the table.


But he can't really deny that he wanted to talk to Hongbin. He and Hongbin texts as often as they can.
But that's what making everything worse.


Everytime he talks to Hongbin, he falls in love deeper and deeper until this day came when he can't control himself anymore. He can't stand being far from Hongbin. He wants to hug him so tight and he'll never leave that hug.


Right after his classes, he rode the first bus back to Busan.


He busted inside their house which surprised his mom and his grandma. "Call me crazy but I can't hide it anymore."

     "Wh-what is it?" They were both still confused about everything.

Wonshik took a deep breath.

     "I like Lee Hongbin."

He didn't wait for their response. He ran outside and called a cab.

     "W-wait! Wonshik" his mom tried to stop him but his grandma stopped her mom. 

     "Let him." She smiled.

 

Wonshik went directly to Hongbin's house. But the rain was in perfect timing. It was raining hard that Hongbin can't hear Wonshik shouting. 

     "Lee Hongbin! Lee.Hongbin!"

 

After a few minutes Hongbin emerged from the front door. He was shocked to see a drenched Wonshik waiting outside. He hurriedly grabbed his umbrella and ran towards Wonshik. 


     "What? Why? What is it?" He was panicking trying to tell Wonshik to come inside but he didn't budge. 

     "I have to tell you something." Wonshik said. He was serious. Hongbin stared at his new face. He has always been a joker and seeing this side of Wonshik scares him.

     "I..." 

Wonshik struggled with his words. 

     "I like you."

     "What?" Hongbin can hardly hear Wonshik from the rain.

 

Wonshik got pissed off because the loud noises the rain is creating so he shouted. 

 

     "I LIKE YOU LEE HONGBIN! I'M CRAZY ABOUT YOU. I CAN'T STAND NOT SEEING YOU ONE SINGLE DAY. IT FEELS LIKE I'M ABOUT TO EXPLODE. I WANT TO BE IN YOUR LIFE SO BAD. I LIKE YOU SO MUCH LEE HONGBIN THAT..." 

 

He suddenly stopped. He calmed himself down and Hongbin was staring, waiting for him to say words that he has been dreaming Wonshik to say.

     "I like you so much that i'm more than willing to move back here in Busan. Study here, live here, see you and be with you everyday."
Wonshik was panting. He was waiting for Hongbin to answer but he was just staring at him. 

     "Will you let me?"

Hongbin stared directly into his eyes and smiled. He hugged Wonshik like he never hugged him before. No one was saying a word but they know what they wanted to say to each other. 

     "I like.you too." Hongbin said finally breaking the silence. And when fate was with them, the rain stopped. They laughed like crazy. They both felt free. 

     "I want to tell my mom and grandma about my plan. Will you come with me?"

     "Of course." He smiled.

 

The moment they got back home, Wonshik's mom was still confused. "Wonshik." She said in a firm voice. "Explain."

Wonshik took a deep breath. "I want to live back here in Busan." 

     "What?" 

     "I want to study here, live here and be with Hongbin as often as I can."

     "Are you out of your mind?!" His mom was furious. "Do you think you have a future in here?" She turned to Hongbin. "With him?"

     "Mom, Hongbin's father left him with a financial support. He can live by himself. He has his own house. As for me, i'm the one who's incompetent to live alone. Don't underestimate Hongbin."

Wonshik's dad suddenly came. His mom turned to him, "Tell your son to snap out of it. He wanted to stay here. He wanted to study here. He doesn't have a future here!"

     "Calm down." Wonshik's dad said and turned to Wonshik. "Son, you can't decide on your own. You have to fix everything before you start again here."
     "Dad, I can take care of it."

     "You better." He said firmly.

     "Wait. Are you trying to tell him it's okay?" Wonshik's mom was not yet calm.

     "Yes. And it will be. Don't you trust your son?" Wonshik's grandma suddenly went in the conversation. 

Wonshik's mom turned to Hongbin and went near him. Wonshik held Hongbin's hand tighter. 

     "Don't you realize what's going on? He only pity you! He doesn't love you! My son is a naughty boy..." she glared at Wonshik then back at Hongbin, "...and he likes clubs, girls and parties. That's my Wonshik. And I am perfectly fine with that rather having someone like you ruin our dream for him."

     "Mom! Can't you hear yourself right now?" Wonshik covered Hongbin.

     "Honey, stop threatening the children! Wonshik's old enough to know his decision so let him!"

 

Wonshik's mom was still furious. She doesn't know what to do. "Until you proved how well you are for my son, I will never agree on this until the day I say 'I told you so'." She then walked out.

 

Wonshik's dad and grandma doesn't agree on this too but they're giving wonshik a chance to prove himself. Besides, he's in college. He was able to live in Seoul alone, he can do it in Busan but with Hongbin.

 

Wonshik moved out of the house. His parents agreed on giving him expenses for school and allowance but nothing more. He told himself that it's a chance to prove himself. Nothing changes except the fact that he'll take care of Hongbin. 
But Hongbin doesn't agree.

 

     "Wonshik. Go back to your house." Hongbin said before they call a cab with Wonshik's things. 

     "What? Why?" Wonshik was confused.

     "I don't deserve you. You don't deserve this. Wonshik, I appreciate the offer but I only brought bad things in your life."

     "No. I'm coming with you. I'm going to live with you." Wonshik insisted.

     "Wonshik! Listen! Look at everything around you! You're going to move out, you'll have a bad relationship with your mother and in the end, we'll earn nothing!" Hongbin yelled.

     "But...." Wonshik was confused. Why? What's the problem? What did he do? "Is there a problem?"

Hongbin was looking at him with worried eyes. "Is it true that you only pity me?"

Wonshik was taken aback. He can't say anything. It's not true but he did feel like it at first. He wanted to take care of him. Was that really it?

     "You can't answer me." Hongbin said with a voice as if he's given up."

     "Don't you trust me?"

Hongbin looked directly in his eyes. "I do. But now's not the right time." He called a cab and shut the door before Wonshik.

     "No...no.... hongbin... baby no!" He was running and tapping the window but the cab's too far to chase now.

 

And hongbin won't talk to him.