Honeymoon

Our not so cliche love story

Stepping out of the private jet, the sea breeze filled my lungs as I took a deep breath. Waiting a distance away was a sliver BMW with the driver holding the door open. I skipped happily towards him, leaving L.joe behind. But instead of the passenge seat, I settled into the driver's seat. The driver was surprised and quickly slammed the door shut, coming around to me out. I let out a small giggle and without any warning whatsoever, I stepped on the accerator and sped off. *This honeymoon is turning out better than I thought.* I drove around the town of Maldives (PS I've never been to Maldives before so I imagine there would be a town...kekeke) and went sightseeing on my own. By the time I reached the hotel, the sun has already set and it was getting dark. Since our parents thought that we needed privacy, our hotel was at the most corner and away from the crowds of tourist.

Constance-Halaveli-Maldives-Resort-14-80

I looked around in awe as it was really quite pretty. Big, spacious and it had loads of rooms. Before I could even explore the enitre house, someone cleared their throat which snapped me out of my trance.

"Thanks alot of abandoning me at the airport. Oh and did I forget to mention, we are married. You're not supposed to leave your husband behind and run off." L.joe said whilst glaring at me.

"You're welcome. I'll be sure to do more than just abandon the next time we go out. Also, did you forget about the contract? You are supposed to mine your own damn business." I gave him a small grin before plopping beside him in the living room couch.

"The next time we go out? There's a next time? Just admit it you're starting to fall for me aren't you?" L.joe smirked.

"N-no. Tha-That's not true. There won't be a next time. Why am I even wasting my time and breath talking to you?" I stuttered and went to choose my room for the next three days. L.joe's laughter could be heard even from the second floor. *WHAT WAS I SAYING!!!!???? Next time?? Seriously!!! The hell is wrong with me Urgh...that evil minion will not let me off that easily....* Stepping into the room, it was the most amazing thing I've ever seen. The theme of the room was a beachy style and I loved it. From the wallpaper to the bed, it was detailed and almost felt as if I was sleeping on the beach. I smiled and fell back on my bed when suddenly, L.joe burst into my room.

"Ever heard of knocking? I could have been changing!" I screamed as I stared at that evil minion.

"Changing? I'm pretty sure there's nothing to see." L.joe smirked while I rolled my eyes.

"What do you want? If you're here to annoy me then get out. I want to enjoy my limited time here." I stated with a bored expression.

"Well, I want to have dinner with my wife for starters and I have a surprise prepared. So get changed and let's go." L.joe said with sincerity on his face. I shooed him out of my room and opened my suitcase, digging for clothes.

I went to the toilet and changed into a crop top and shorts. L.joe was already waiting at the front door with his hand held up. I smiled and walked straight passed him. I could almost picture him rolling his eyes at me. Instead of driving, L.joe insisted that we went by foot. When we reached the beach, I stared at L.joe dumbfounded. 

"When did you prepare all these?" I asked as I looked at the candlelight dinner in awe and I'm pretty sure there's a huge smile on my face.

"When you abandoned me alone at the airport." L.joe stated dryly but nonetheless, he pulled out the chair for me. As soon as L.joe sat down, a waiter served up our meal. We were finishing our meal quietly under the stars when suddenly, a low rumble was heard.

"You did a weather check right?" I asked as the rumble got louder.

"Umm...about that...I actually thought it wouldn't rain." L.joe replied simply as he looked up the sky with a worried expression.

Tiny droplets of water started falling from the sky and soon enough, the rain falls steadily. I got up from my seat, searching for the nearest shelter when L.joe grabbed my wrist. 

"What are you doing? We have to find a shelter before we are soaked." I said.

"Too bad for you. We're going to dance now. Under the rain." L.joe smirked.

"Dance?! I seriously think there's something wrong with you evil minion. We're getting you a shrink when we get back." I was about to walk off when L.joe pull me against him.

"You owe me a dance since we didn't dance during the wedding. I want to dance now." L.joe pulled me along and had his hands on my waist.

I sighed and rested my hands on his shoulder, dancing along with him. *This should be a movie called "The sad life of being married to a 3 year old kid"* Out of nowhere, music started playing in the back and I laughed.

"You had to torture the music crew too huh? Can't resist being evil." I looked at L.joe while he just shrugged.

"So what's the surprise that you prepared?" I looked around, waiting for some secret camera crew to appear.

"It was supposed to be a dance and fireworks but as you can see it's raining." L.joe sighed in defeat.

"At least you tried. But thanks for the dinner and all this even if we're dancing in the rain." I giggled. L.joe smiled, staring at my lips and started leaning in. Before his eyes could flutter shut, I gave him the hardest shove into the sea. I sat down on the sand and laughed so hard tears were rolling down my cheeks. L.joe was sitting in the water, glaring at me. Suddenly, water was splashed on me and I accidentally swallowed the salty seawater. I grabbed chunks of sand and threw it at L.joe's face. After we stopped fighting, both of us headed back to our hotel. Just before we head back to our rooms, I turned and stared at L.joe's back.

"Thanks for tonight evil minion. It was fun having dinner under the stars and dancing in the rain." I said.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it. Good night little kitten." L.joe said and kissed my forehead before heading in.

I stood there, rooted to the ground. Millions of thoughts and feelings ran through my head but one thing's for sure, I felt happy and that kiss felt right.

 

 

HEY READERS!!!!!! First off......SORRY for the super late update!!! Im really really sorry. I had abit of a writer's block since I had never gone on a honeymoon but nevertheless, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!!!! Leave a comment!!! Don't be a ghostie >< till next time ;)