Chapter 6

Ship? Us?

“Okay, since we have finished grading the assignments for all of you, I just wanted to say that you guys did an amazing job singing, rapping & all that! So for the next 30 minutes, it would be your free period!” Baekhyun announced to the class. “But Mr Byun! You & Mr Park have yet to show us what you both prepared!”

 

Baekhyun mentally cursed since he didn’t expect the students to remember. “Oh right, Mr Park, do you want to  show the class what we’ve prepared now?” Chanyeol nodded with much enthusiasm & immediately picked up his guitar & started to practice a little. “All right, I’m all ready! Shall we start?”

 

The pair of best friends sat in front of the class & started their duet…

 

I do believe all the love you give

 

All of the things you do

 

Love you

 

Love you

 

I’ll keep you safe, don’t you worry

 

I wouldn’t leave, wanna keep you near

 

Cause I feel the same way too

 

Love you

 

Love you

 

Want you to know that I’m with you

 

I will love you & love you & love you

 

Gonna hold you & hold you & squeeze you

 

I will please you for all times

 

I don’t wanna lose you & lose you & lose you

 

Cause I need you I need you I need you

 

So I want you to be my only

 

You’ve got to understand my love

 

You are beautiful beautiful beautiful

 

Beautiful beautiful beautiful baby

 

You are beautiful beautiful beautiful

 

Beautiful beautiful beautiful baby

 

At the last strum of the guitar strings, the beautiful song came to an end, all the students were in awe of Baekhyun’s voice, Park Chanyeol included. Slowly, applause filled the classroom & the students were complimenting Chanyeol’s guitar skills & Baekhyun’s melodic voice. “Wow Mr Park & Mr Byun.. That was amazing.. And Mr Byun, don’t think we didn’t notice that you changed the lyrics.” A student cheekily teased Baekhyun.

 

“Yeah Baek, when we practiced it was the original lyrics, why did you change it?”

 

“Uh, I just felt like changing it. It still sounds nice anyway. Okay class thank you for listening, the bell is gonna ring soon so please be ready to head home.” And with that, the students started to pack their bags & wait for an early dismissal since they have nothing more to do in school.

 

When all the students were dismissed, the giant suddenly spoke up. “Baek, your voice was really amazing I love it so much. You should sing for me more often, I swear I could marry your voice.” Baekhyun blushed & just smiled as a response. On that day, the pair of best friends had separate family dinners after school so they went home separately…

 

During the dinner, Baekhyun wasn’t listening to whatever his family was talking about. He just kept thinking of their duet earlier & he was playing with his food. “Baek, you all right?” Mrs Byun asked. Baekhyun nodded & left the table saying that he’s already full.

 

He went into his room & plopped onto his bed, many thoughts were running through his head. Why was my heart beating so quicly while I was singing? I’ve never felt so nervous before. It felt as though I was singing to… Chanyeol. Well that was why I changed the lyrics.. I wonder if he got the hint….

 

Baekhyun slowly fell asleep, thinking about the giant like every other nights.

 

His voice was amazing, but why did he change the lyrics? Should I ask him? Why does it feel like that song was meant for the both of us? Chanyeol wondered as he sat on his sofa. “Mum, this is a really weird question. But what does it mean when your heart beats really quickly when you’re listening to someone singing a love song even if it isn’t meant for you?” “It probably means that you’re wishing those lyrics were meant for you. You’re falling in love with that person, son.”

 

Chanyeol nodded & kissed his mother goodnight before heading to his bedroom. He slumped onto his bed & thought of one last thing before he fell asleep.

 

I think I’m falling for Baekhyun.


A/N: Hello~ I've decided to try my best to continue this story since it would be a pity if I actually deleted this tbh :/ Thank you all for voting! And if you noticed, I changed 2 words in the lyrics for "Love Song" to match this ^^ I'm not sure if the lyrics was correct but I was listening to this & I used it as a reference ^^ And it's about time for them to realise their feelings for each other so hehe ^^ Do comment & give me any ideas if you want~ Or you can drop an ask on my askfm as well! You can also dropt me prompts there :D Hope you all enjoyed this chapter~