Chapter 3

Ship? Us?

[After School]

“Baek! Shall we start on our project tonight?” Chanyeol asked as he caught up with his best friend at the front of the school gate. “Yeah sure, but before that can we go to Starbucks first? They are promoting a new drink there & I’m dying to try it.” Chanyeol never says no to the smaller & took a bus to the nearest Starbucks outlet. Both of them decided to try the latest drink together & when it was their turn to order, the cashier greeted them with a wide smile, “Hello! What would you like to order?” Baekhyun answered, “We would like 2 of the newest drinks, grande for both please.” “Okay! That would be 13, 000 won” “Eh? I thought it’s 14,000 won?” Chanyeol questioned. “It’s 1,000 won off for couples that buy the new drink together!” Before Baekhyun or Chanyeol could cut her off, she already keyed in the amount & Chanyeol handed over the money. They went to the collection point to wait for their coffees & Chanyeol decided to break the silence. “Baek, do you think it’s okay to just let her think that we’re a couple just to get a discount?” “Come on Yeol, just let her think what she wants. It’s perfectly fine with me since you know the people in school.... Unless you really dislike me & wouldn’t want to be mistaken as my boyfriend?” “NO!” Chanyeol shouted & the people around them turned to look at him & he smiled apologetically. “I mean, no I don’t mind, I was just scared that you would feel awkward…”  “No worries, we’re best friends anyway, we’ll never be awkward.” Baekhyun replied & gave Chanyeol his usual sweet eye smile.

 

After collecting their coffees, they walked to Chanyeol’s house since it was nearby. Chanyeol saw the smaller shivering & realised that he didn’t bring his scarf out so he did what he usually did, wrapping his hand around his best friend’s waist & pulling him closer to share his body heat. Baekhyun, like all the other times, blushed & lowered his head, afraid that he will get caught for blushing because of his best friend’s action. It didn’t take long before reaching Chanyeol’s house & they were welcomed by Chanyeol’s mum. “Good evening Mrs Park, sorry to disturb.” Baekhyun bowed & greeted the beautiful lady. “Oh come on Baek, you don’t have to be so formal with me & remember to call me mum instead of Mrs Park.” Baekhyun nodded & went in together with Chanyeol. “We’re having dinner in awhile, would you like to join us?” “Okay, thank you Mrs P- Mum..”

 

Dinner was served in 5 minutes & there was only Mrs Park, Chanyeol & Baekhyun at the dinner table while Mr park & Yoora, Chanyeol’s older sister, were out of the country & working at the broadcast station respectively. “So Baekhyun, what brings you to our house tonight?” Mrs Park asked. “Chanyeol & I are working on a music project together so we decided to start tonight.” Baekhyun explained. The dinner continued with lots of chatters & laughters, the entire mood was lifted because of Baekhyun. After dinner, the pair of best friends went up to Chanyeol’s room to get started on the project. “Wow Yeol… Your room is still the same.. And oh god your rilakkuma plushies.” Baekhyun laughed because a 185cm giant actually sleeps with plushies at the age of 23. “Hey! They are cute & plus I can’t sleep without them….” the giant pouted as he pulled out his guitar from its casing & started strumming a few chords. “So.. What song should we choose? I remember the last time we did this, we actually chose Live High right?” Baekhyun nodded & tapped his chin thoughtfully, “Should we do Youngstreet’s Love Song? That song is beautiful.” As usual, the giant agreed to whatever his best friend said & they started to rehearse the lyrics & chords for the next 2 hours.

 

Baekhyun yawned & stretched after 2 long hours of practice & suggested that he should go home soon since it’s getting late. Chanyeol offered to send him home but the shorter declined his offer. So he ended up sending his best friend to the bus stop, giving him a hug & said goodnight to him before walking back to his house.

 

[Chanyeol’s POV]

I laid down on my bed after washing up & I couldn’t stop thinking about his voice.. That sweet voice as he was singing that song. It felt like he was singing it to me.. I shook my head & tried to get rid of those thoughts because Byun Baekhyun is my best friend & will always be my best friend. I decided to think about my students’ progress & how I can help them to improve on their guitar skills when suddenly I remembered a student saying, “Our ship is sailing!” I tried figuring out what that student meant but I had no clue. Maybe I should just ask Baekhyun next time or something. With that, I fell asleep, somehow Baekhyun’s voice was lingering in my head.

 

[Baekhyun’s POV]

I jumped on my bed after 20 minutes of bus ride home, I was too tired to do anything after washing up & changing into my pajamas. I thought about all that happened today, from the class’ usual teasing to the Starbuck’s cashier’s assumption that we’re a couple & to the project at Chanyeol’s house. I can’t seem to get that image of him playing the guitar out of my head. He looked so charming that I almost fell in lo- No, he is my best friend I can’t possibly fall in love with him. Besides, he won’t ever see me as anything more than a best friend, a buddy. I sighed & tried to fall asleep, dreaming of my best friend playing the guitar & singing to me with his deep voice that is ever so soothing.


A/N: Is the spacing between paragraphs okay though? Or should I make it smaller? Anyway, I hope you guys would like this update;; Sorry my updates are short because I just throw in whatever ideas I have at the moment. Thank you for reading ^^