Chapter 4

Ship? Us?

[The Next Day At School]

 

“Good morning class.” Chanyeol & Baekhyun greeted & the class returned the greeting. A student suddenly asked, “So Mr Park, have you started on your project with Mr Byun yet?” “Yes.. No.. Maybe? What about you guys? Have you all started on your project?” Chanyeol questioned. Many of the students nodded & both the teachers decided to let them get into their pairs to continue working on their project. After 10 minutes, there was a knock on the door. The students stood up & greeted the teacher that was standing by the door, “Good morning Mr Oh.” Baekhyun mentally groaned because he is sure that Sehun is here to ask him out again.

 

“Good morning class, I’m gonna borrow Mr Byun for awhile.” Sehun said while asking Baekhyun to meet him outside the classroom. Baekhyun sighed and reluctantly walked out. “Mr Park, how could you just let Mr Byun go to another man??” A student questioned Chanyeol. “Why not? We are colleagues anyway, it’s normal for us to look for each other.” That student face palmed & concluded that Mr Park Chanyeol was indeed dumb & oblivious. “Mr Park, Mr Oh is definitely hitting on Mr Byun, it’s so obvious!” Oh, of course Chanyeol knew that Sehun has been asking Baekhyun out but he just ignored it because he knew that his best friend would never agree to go on a date with Sehun.

 

“Mr Park, we’re rooting for you! Go win Mr Byun’s heart! We ship you guys so hard.” A female student interrupted. “YES YES OUR OTP!!” When Chanyeol heard the last word, he got curious & asked what an OTP meant. The student decided to & replied with a cheeky smile, “It’s just something that we call you & Mr Byun with!” And as expected, Chanyeol believed.

 

Baekhyun walked into the class & gestured for his best friend to get to the front of the class. “Yeol.. Sehun just asked me out..” “Yes I know it was pretty obvious with those flowers that he was carrying.” “I agreed though..” “WHAT?” the giant’s voice echoed throughout the class. Every single student turned to stare at both the teachers with curiosity. “I had to agree, Yeol.. He said he wouldn’t stop coming to my class until I agree to go out with him just for one date.” “And you agreed just because of that? Baek, I thought you would never agree to dates just like that.” “I know, but I had no choice. I don’t want my class, or our class to be interrupted by him again & again.” Chanyeol groaned & walked away from his best friend to walk around the class to see if any students needed help. He couldn’t help but feel sad & jealous that his best friend is going on a date with Oh Sehun.

 

What if Baek starts to like him after the date?

 

That was what the giant was most afraid of. He admits that he is inferior towards Sehun. The PE teacher has such a great body, handsome features on his face & he is just perfect. While Chanyeol is just… Chanyeol. He sighed & the bell rung, indicating that it’s the end of their lesson. He immediately walked out on the classroom, leaving his best friend behind. He expected Baekhyun to follow him back to the arts department office but the smaller wasn’t even behind him. “He must have gone to the PE department for his date with Sehun” he thought.

 

Baekhyun walked towards the PE department & looked for Sehun. “Oh hey Baekhyun, our date is in a few hours, why are you here already? Are you that eager?” Sehun teased. “Sorry Sehun, I can’t go out on a date with you today. Not today, not tomorrow, not the day after, just never. I don’t want you to waste your time on someone like me. I will never reciprocate your feelings for me, I’m sorry. You will find someone better okay? I hope we can still be friends.” Baekhyun replied apologetically. Sehun felt sad nonetheless, but at least Baekhyun was nice enough to tell him instead of ditching him after school. He simply replied with an “okay” & went for lunch with his colleagues.

 

Baekhyun felt relieved & he couldn’t wait to get back to the arts department to tell his best friend about this, to cheer him up. “Yeol!!” “Y-yes Baekhyun?” “What’s with you & calling me Baekhyun instead of Baek?” “Nothing, I jus-“ “OH by the way I cancelled my date with Sehun."

 

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun with disbelief & questioned, “Why? I thought you wanted him to stop bothering you & the class so you agreed to the date? Why did you cancel it?” Baekhyun replied, “Well, I want to spend time with my best friend after work instead. And I wouldn’t want to force myself to do something that I don’t want to.” Chanyeol felt so happy that he just wants to roll himself down the school’s hallway & scream in joy. Yes, he was that happy. He pulled the smaller into a hug & said, “Let’s go out after work then! Oh & the students called us an OTP. They said that it’s a name for us! Cool right?” Baekhyun blushed because he knew what an OTP meant but it seems like his best friend was clueless. He just nodded & went to his desk to prepare for his next class.

 

Somewhere, somehow Jongin & Kyungsoo were watching the pair of best friends from afar. “Well, it’s seriously about time for them to get together. They are just like lovers & I can’t stand how they are oblivious towards each others’ feelings.” Jongin complained. “They will realize it sooner or later, baby, they just need ti- a lot of time.”


A/N: Sorry I haven't been updating;; My exams are coming soon so I have to study a lot;; Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter~ And please do tell me if I made any mistakes ^^ Thank you!