Chapter 7

Ship? Us?

“Hey Baekhyun, wanna go to the newly opened bubble tea shop with me after school?”

 

Upon hearing that question, Baekhyun groaned as he knew who it was. “Sorry I don’t think I’m free, I have dinner plans already.”

 

“We’ve known each other for so long yet we haven’t had a proper meal together. Come on..” Sehun pleaded. Baekhyun just sighed & was about to reply him when.. “Hey Baek! What tim- Oh are you busy right now? I’ll just come back later.” Chanyeol quickly turned away. Is Sehun here again to ask Baek out for dinner? Did Baek forget that we’re having dinner together tonight?

 

“Yeol, wait! My last class ends at 5pm. I’ll meet you at the carpark later.” Baekhyun raised his voice a little so he could be heard by his best friend who was nearing the exit of the office. Chanyeol turned back & smiled, acknowledging his best friend’s reply.

 

“Sorry again Sehun, I’m having dinner with Chanyeol tonight.. Oh my class is starting soon, got to go!” the smaller quickly picked up his books & headed towards the exit. Sehun sighed & walked out of the office & accidentally bumped into someone.

 

“Ah, I’m sorry I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going.” Sehun apologised & when he raised his head to see who he bumped into.. It was Luhan. “It’s okay Mr Oh! Thank God my bubble teas didn’t spill. Would you like a cup of bubble tea? I bought taro & chocolate.. Do you want one?”

 

“Are you sure it’s okay to give me one cup? You seem to like bubble tea a lot since you bought 2 cups..” Sehun replied as he eyed the chocolate bubble tea. Luhan nodded & passed the cup of chocolate bubble tea to Sehun & was about to make his way to the field when Sehun asked, “Do you want to hangout during the weekends? I mean since we both seem to like bubble tea. I know of a newly opened bubble tea shop so..” “Yes of course! You have my number right? Just text me the address & the time then I’ll meet you. I have a class to go to now so see you around Mr Oh!” Luhan gave the sweetest smile to Sehun & went away.

 

 

Time passed quickly & it was already 5pm, Baekhyun packed his stuff in the office & quickly made his way to the carpark. Baekhyun felt his heart beating faster at the sight of Chanyeol just leaning against his car. He’s just standing next to the car but why does he look so good?

 

“Oh you’re here,  shall we go for dinner at my mum’s restaurant? She really wants to see you. But if you want to go somewhere else, it’s alright as well.”

 

“Of course it’s okay Yeol, let’s just head there for dinner.”

 

The 10 minutes drive to the restaurant was quiet, no one spoke except for Baekhyun singing to the songs on the radio & Chanyeol trying really hard to focus on driving despite being distracted by his best friend’s beautiful voice.

 

Arriving at the restaurant, Chanyeol’s mum brought them to one of the comfy corners & went off to prepare the spaghetti that they love. The pair of best friends  sat opposite each other & played with the straws of their drinks, not knowing what to say. Since when did they become so awkward?

 

Thank God their spaghetti arrived within the next 15 minutes & Chanyeol’s mum noticed that they didn’t speak to each other ever since they sat down so she decided to sit down together with them.

 

“The both of you look so tired, have you been busy with school?” Mrs Park tried to strike a conversation & Baekhyun just smiled & replied, “The assignments are all over now so I guess we’re kinda free as of now.”

 

“Ah that’s good.. You both should rest a lot, please don’t tire yourselves out. Oh & Baekhyun? I don’t want to be a busybody but I spoke to your mum a few days ago on the phone & she seemed quite worried about you.”

 

“Worried about me? I’m doing fine though, I see her at home everyday, why would she be worried?” Baekhyun was taken aback by the piece of information that he just heard.

 

“She’s just worried & concerned because, well you’re already 23 but you don’t have a partner yet.” And when Chanyeol heard his mum mentioning that his best friend not having a partner, he looked up at them with interest.

 

“Ah.. About that, I don’t have time for relationships because I just want to focus on work right now. But I do have someone that I like. I think my mum would be relieved if she knew about this.” Baekhyun chuckled.

 

“Baekhyun is interested in someone? Was it Sehun? Or was it a female colleague? Or was it some other guy? Could it be me? Nah, don’t be stupid Park Chanyeol.”

 

Millions of thoughts were running through Chanyeol’s mind & he didn’t realize that Mrs Park & Baekhyun were trying to get his attention. “Oh um sorry I was just thinking about something. What were you both talking about again?”

 

Mrs Park laughed & shook her head, leaving the two of them at the table & went back to the kitchen to help out.

 

“What were you thinking about just now? You were frowning so hard.” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Just thinking about the possible candidates of being your crush.” Chanyeol blurted out unintentionally & his eyes grew bigger, after realizing what he just said. “I mean, I was just curious so I was thinking about it. Hey I’m your best friend, you should tell me who you like.”

 

“Well, you do know the person that I like. But I’m sorry I can’t tell you since I’m not even confident about whether the feeling is mutual or not.”

 

“Okay so it’s a guy not a girl.. Does this mean I stand a chance too? Like 0.5%?”

 

Baekhyun waved his hand infront of his best friend, “Hello? Could you stop spacing out? You look ugly.” He laughed.

 

“Oh I’m sorry, I’m sure that guy likes you back, Come on, you’re so beautiful & you have a nice personality, everyone would like you.”

 

“Do you? I mean, would you like me? Since you said everyone would like me.” Baekhyun questioned.

 

“Hmm.. Maybe? Maybe not?” Chanyeol teased.

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes & they continued talking about random things.

 

 

 

If only he knew that person was him.


A/N: Hello~ Sorry if this chapter is bad;; I wrote whatever that came to my mind. I have finals in a few days & I'm really nervous;; Sorry I haven't been updating!! But I hope you guys would enjoy this chapter~ ^^