Chapter 1

Ship? Us?

“Can you both stop? We’re in school, no pda-ing allowed.” Baekhyun hissed. “You’re just jealous that you don’t have a boyfriend.” Jongin countered & stuck out his tongue playfully & Kyungsoo just laughed. “Seriously Baek, when are you ever going to accept one of our colleagues? I mean, you want someone that is similar to you & hey, we’re in the arts department, we all do music!” Kyungsoo said. Baekhyun just sighed because Kyungsoo says that to him almost every single week. Baekhyun knows that many of the male teachers in the arts department have been wanting to go out with him but he just keeps rejecting them because he doesn’t think that they are “the one”. Their break was about to end so they quickly finished their food & went to their respective classes.

 

Baekhyun entered his vocals class & was glad that all his students were settled down. After the greetings, he began his lesson. 10 minutes into his lesson, he heard a knock on the classroom door & said, “come in”. Baekhyun wasn’t surprised to see his best friend, Park Chanyeol standing at the door. “Hey Baekh- Mr Byun can you come out for awhile? I have something to ask you.” Baekhyun nodded & told his class to behave themselves while he’s outside the classroom. “Is Mr Park finally asking you out?” A student randomly asked Baekhyun out loud but was ignored by Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun stepped out of the classroom & sighed, “What is it Chanyeol?” “Um, I just wanna ask you if you wanna go to this new restaurant tonight after work? I heard the food there is really good!” Chanyeol sounded so excited. Baekhyun just stared at his dumb best friend & couldn’t believe that he came to his class & interrupted his lesson, just to ask him out for dinner. “Park Chanyeol are you being serious right now? You just interrupted my lesson just to ask me out for dinner? You could’ve just texted me you .” Chanyeol realised that indeed he could have just sent Baekhyun a text message & apologised. “Sorry Baek, I was too eager to see you since we didn’t get to have out break together.” Baekhyun blushed at Chanyeol’s words & agreed to the dinner before heading back into his class.

 

“Sooooo, did Mr Park ask you out or something? We heard he is taking you out to dinner!!” A male student asked. Baekhyun replied, “Yes Mr Park did ask me out for dinner because we are BEST FRIENDS. That’s what best friends do, don’t they?” he purposely stressed on the two words. “Best friends my ..” the student muttered under his breath. “What did you say? “ N-Nothing Mr Byun.” And with that, Baekhyun continued with his lesson.

 

After 1 hour & 30 minutes of class, Baekhyun had no more classes after that so he decided to just hang around the school cafeteria when someone he didn’t want to see, appeared. “Hey Baekhyun! What are you doing here alone?” Oh Sehun, the school’s hottest physical education teacher, someone that has been asking Baekhyun out since forever. Baekhyun mentally cursed because he just wanted to spend some time alone, not wanting anyone to interrupt him. “I have no classes for the rest of the day so here I am, enjoying my break alone.” He stressed on the word “alone” hoping that Sehun would get the hint but to no avail. Sehun casually sat down on the seat next to Baekhyun & began talking to him, when suddenly he asked him out for dinner. “Say Baekhyun, how about going out for dinner with me tonight?” “No thanks, I already have plans after school with Chanyeol.” Sehun wanted to roll his eyes at the mention of Chanyeol but controlled himself & sighed, “Why is it that every time I ask you out for meals, you will always have plans with Chanyeol? He is just your best friend, not your lover. You can just ditch him for one evening, please?” As expected, his offer got rejected by Baekhyun again so Sehun stood up, said goodbye to Baekhyun before leaving for his next class.

 

When Baekhyun was alone again, Sehun’s words got him thinking.. Why does he always reject other people’s dinner plans with him for Chanyeol? Is this what best friends do? Baekhyun & Chanyeol had been best friends ever since they first stepped into the school as teachers in the same department, students & colleagues often mistook them for lovers but none of them seem to be affected by others’ assumptions & simply shrug it off. But recently, Baekhyun feels knots in his stomach whenever he is around Chanyeol & whenever students start to about Chanyeol. But he decided that it’s nothing & didn’t think much about it. His train of thoughts were broken when he heard a familiar deep voice, “Hey Baek, let’s go, my class has ended.” He turned around & saw the eye twitching smile that he has grown to love. “Yep, let’s go Yeol.” he replied with a sweet eyesmile.


A/N: asdfghjkl i'm sorry if this is crappy;;;