Chapter 2

Ship? Us?

“So how was your date last night with your lover?” Jongin asked as he sat at his desk next to Baekhyun in the staff room. “Lover? Who? I was out with Chanyeol.” “Mr Byun Baekhyun, obviously I know you were out with Chanyeol & yes he is the lover I was referring to. So how was it?” Baekhyun realised that Jongin was talking about Chanyeol but ignored the part where he claimed that his best friend was his lover because he was so sick of hearing it from almost everyone. “Well, it was just a dinner so I guess it was good? Plus, it’s a new restaurant just 2 streets away from school & the food there was really delicious,  you & Kyungsoo should go there some day!” Jongin grinned, “Thank you for suggesting that new restaurant, I’ve been thinking of where to take Kyungsoo to, for dinner tonight. And oh so you indirectly admitted that Chanyeol is your boyfriend?” Baekhyun shook his head & replied, “Nah, I’ll just let you guys think whatever you want because that dumb giant & I are just best friends & we will only stay as best friends.” Jongin decided not to argue further because he knows that one day, the two best friends would finally realize their feelings towards each other.

 

The school bell rang & it was finally time for lunch, Baekhyun stood up from his desk & stretched, too tired from listening to the recordings given by his students for their singing assignment. His fatigue disappeared when he saw a familiar figure walking into the staff room, he skipped like a kid to that person’s desk, “Hey Yeol, let’s go for lunch!”  “I can’t, Baek. I have assignments to look through & you know it is a lot of work when it comes to music assignments, I need to look through each & every single detail. I’m sorry, maybe you can lunch with Jongin & Kyungsoo?” Chanyeol suggested, feeling sorry that he couldn’t join his best friend for lunch. “Then what about you? What are you gonna eat? Today is a long day for you Yeol, you need to at least eat something.” “I’ll just grab a sandwich later or something. Just go & have lunch, Baek. See you later.” And Chanyeol immediately started looking through the works of his students. Baekhyun sighed & walked to the cafeteria alone. Thankfully the queue at the snacks & drinks stall wasn’t long so he bought 2 sets of egg sandwiches & coffee, for both his best friend & himself. He walked back to the staff room & handed 1 set over to the giant, “I bought something for you, I know that you will just forget to buy food later so being the best friend I am, I bought food for you.” Baekhyun said proudly & at this moment he seemed so much like a kid. Chanyeol thanked the shorter & ruffled his hair, Baekhyun blushed at that gesture & wondered why is he feeling so hot right now.

 

The two best friends sat at Chanyeol’s desk, looking through the assignments & Chanyeol managed to grade all of them quickly with the help of his best friend. “Thank you so much Baek! I wouldn’t have finished all of them in such a short time span without you!” Chanyeol thanked & hugged Baekhyun, making the latter choke on his coffee & coughed. “Oh my gosh, are you okay??” Chanyeol asked worriedly while patting Baekhyun’s back. The latter just nodded but continued coughing for about 2 minutes. Although struggling with his words, Baekhyun managed to say, “Never hug me when I’m drinking coffee again, I might just die the next time this happens.” “But it’s just a hug, you’re overreacting, Baek. But I’m glad you’re okay now. Let’s finish our coffee & head to our class.” “Our class? We’re having a class together today?” “Yes, how can you forget? Today the guitar students are pairing up with the vocal students for a yearly project! We would be having classes together for a month!” Chanyeol winked at Baekhyun.

 

As the duo were walking to their class, they could hear loud & happy chatters from their students, it was as if they were excited to start their combined project. When they stepped into the classroom, there were loud whispers of “It’s going to be a great project.” “This is going to be interesting.” “Our ship is sailing!!” The last whisper caught Chanyeol’s attention & he wondered what does “ship” mean but he just shrugged it off as they approached the teacher’s desk in the classroom. “Good morning class.” Both teachers greeted. “Good morning Mr & Mr Park.” The students greeted their teachers cheekily. “If you guys don’t already know, it’s Mr Park & Mr Byun.” “Of course we know it’s Mr Byun but you both are lovers & will be married some day, we might as well call you both Mr Park.” “We are n-“ “Let’s just continue with the lesson.” Baekhyun interrupted Chanyeol, then whispered to him, “No point fighting with the kids, let them say what they want.” Chanyeol just nodded & they both continued the lesson, assigning partners & telling them what to do for this project.

 

“Maybe both Mr Park’s, should do a project together too! Since Mr Park plays the guitar, the soon-to-be Mr Park should sing!”  A student suggested & the entire class agreed. “Okay enough kids, stop calling me Mr Park, I’m a Byun” Baekhyun replied & continued, “but that’s a good idea, what do you say Mr Park?” Chanyeol agreed excitedly because it has been a long time since they last did this together. Soon after, music class was over & when the teachers walked out of class. A student whispered to her friend, “They are so going to fall in love after this project.”


A/N: Hi guys!! I hope you all liked this update ^^ And yes I'm going to add Luhan in but Kaisoo & Hunhan are only going to have a small part in this story;; Thank you for reading!