Chapter 7

Hands and Leaves.

Raina looked around to seek for someone or something, to find Naeun standing with a smirk. "Naeun! Help!"

But the girl's smirk only grew more prominent in her lips.

 

Flashback

"So, Im Nana. That's your new toy?" said Naeun examining a picture of Nana with a report next to it.

"I prefer the words 'subject of study'" said Lizzy, fixing the microscope.

"And when are we ever going out or something?"

"As long as that super plant is here, I find it hard."

Naeun wrapped her arms around Lizzy's necks, "C'mon, just one day" but her reply was only silence.

End of Flashback

 

"What's going on? Did you...?" Raina looked at the girl with a horrified expression, but her head told her that right now it wasn't important what she just realized, she turned back to see how she could help Nana, only to find that instead the body she just saw, there was a dummy plant.

"You should look over here" suddenly a voice spoke up.

"Nana! You're fine!" Raina exclaimed, joy and relief were clearly shown in her face.

"I told you that I was not going to fell for your tricks" Nana said looking at Naeun. 

The latter sighed. "I hoped that you would drink that weed killer" she gave a few steps towards Nana "What's even so great about a super plant?" Raina barely could recognize the girl that was in front of her. Naeun got finally in front of Nana, placing her hands around the super plant's neck. "I just want you to wither away"

"Then that's why you got close to me?" asked Raina.

"What do you think..?" Naeun laughed after her words and turned her eyes back at Nana, touching her hair, and added "Why would I even bother to spend time with an annoying and stupid weed like you?"

Raina could barely process what she was hearing before her eyes went wide again in surprise. Naeun, once in front of Nana, was now floating up. Vines with thorns coming from the super plant's body wrapped her and raised her higher by with second that passed.

"Nana!! Stop!!" Raina went over to held Nana's arms, trying to stop her when she felt a thick drop of something on her face.

Those roses... are getting red.

Raina held her arms again and yelled "You have to stop!!"

Suddenly, water started to fall among them, lowering the temperature making Nana fall in Raina's arms, releasing Naeun in the process. "Nana! Are you okay?" she noticed that her body went cold.

"She's gonna be okay!"

"Dr. Park?"

"I just lowered the temperature enough to make her sleep" Lizzy explained as she examined Naeun. She stopped to put an injured Naeun on a close bench to go over where Raina was, to look at Nana.

"I'm really sorry about this, that was a terrible thing. I guess my cousin doesn't understand the concept of patience." she sighed as she looked at Nana "She really has beautiful green shades. What I didn't expect was that she would have feelings. It's so different from what I've imagined."  

Raina looked at Lizzy with a slight expression of shock in her face. The latter noticed it, "You are aware of why she acted like that, right?" she smirked and added "She only did that because you were hurt"

Lizzy glanced at Nana and then back at Raina, putting her hands on her waist and getting close to the girl's face "Listen to me, whenever she gets in her moods, she will lose control of her actions. She's one fine specimen. If she loses control again and goes berserk, chances are that she'll be more dangerous than anything, so take care or better yet, tell her to let me study her, she'll be safe." and with that, she left the greenhouse, asking a student to carry Naeun to the infirmary.

--

Raina was sitting at the edge of the bed, all conditions settled in the room for Nana's recovering. "The humidity's fine. It's been an hour now, I have to raise one degree on the temperature"

When she came back from adjusting the heater, she just sat, thinking on everything that Lizzy said. 

I wonder what will happen with her?

She look back to Nana, and noticed that some tiny green leaves were starting to grow from her body, Raina smiled "her shoots are growing again!"